Top Best Rated Artificial Grass & Turf Review Guide For 2022-2023
Top Best Rated Artificial Grass & Turf Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Most of us have at least some idea about what artificial grass is. If you are someone who plays different sports, you might have even come across it countless times during your games. Artificial grass is the best possible alternative to natural grass because of how easy it makes things and the lower cost of maintenance it has.
That being said, most people do not have a very good idea about what exactly artificial grass really is. Essentially, artificial grass is just a product that has a flexible but firm base through which synthetic fibers that resemble grass are threaded. This synthetic product provides the look and feel of natural gas without all of the maintenance that natural grass requires and you can move it without a problem.
You should know that not all of the artificial grass out there is the same. The product varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and across different models. Not all of them will offer you the same quality that you are looking for and that is why you have to be very considerate when you are picking out the artificial grass you want to purchase.
We are going to tell you everything you need to know about artificial grass that can help you make the best purchasing decision. From reviews of the best artificial grass surfaces out there to choose to a comprehensive buying guide, you will get everything you need to make the best possible decision when it comes to buying artificial grass for your needs. To find out even more keep reading our Top Best Rated Artificial Grass & Turf Review Guide For 2022-2023.
LITA Realistic Deluxe Artificial Grass – Best For Pets – Amazon’s Choice
This is one of the best choices in the case of plastic turf because of its durability of course and also its appearance, which is identical to real grass. The material used to make this product is non-abrasive and non-absorbent. This means that if you have pets and they urinate on the artificial grass lawns, it will not absorb it and hence it will not produce any foul smell as well which is common for various other garden plastic turf. It is absolutely pet-friendly. There is also a warranty of 14 years on this product, which only shows how durable this product is.
The LITA Realistic Deluxe Artificial Grass is perfect and suitable for any environment where will make ordinary carpet grass not to grow. With its low-cost maintenance, it doesn’t require water, fertilizers, or pesticides to thrive, and when in use, little or no maintenance is needed. The installation technique used for this product is easy and simple. Just mark and dig out an area, lay the LITA Realistic Deluxe Artificial Grass on the base of the hole, and roll it out. Infill the spaces and make it look a little more attractive. The materials used for this grass is made up of high-quality polyethylene and it is highly resistant to Ultraviolet sun rays.
- ✅Materials: made of high quality synthetic material, Superior resilience and durability, Constructed of the highest quality UV resistant polyethylene and poly polypropylene yarn, 70 oz Total weight per square yard to ensure an extremely High-Density artificial grass.
- ✅: It is and non-toxic, its 4 tone pattern is soft, lush and the thatch looks just like natural grass, providing you with Year Round Green and turf enjoyment, perfect for all indoor and outdoor projects.
- ✅Save money by going Green: no mowing, no watering, no spraying, just Years Of enjoyment with family, friends and pets and they would not have to worry about the grass thinning out or dying off during hot or cold weather.
- ✅Simple installation: laying out our grass is very simple-simply mark and dig out an area, lay out the base, roll out the turf, and seal the matter, infilling is your choice, though we recommend it, blade height is close to 1 3/8” and perfect for that well-manicured look.
- ✅Best choice in artificial grass: top quality and low price – 10 years Warranty with 30 days return policy, if you want customize of the artificial grass, click the LITA Amazon storefront.
- Apart from all the advantages that are mentioned above, you will be thrilled to know that this product is perforated with holes that allow it to perform vertical drainage which again means less maintenance on your part.
- As it is a plastic natural landscape, there is no need for fertilizers and pesticides as well.
- It can also dry quickly because this artificial turf is UV stabilized and frost resistant.
- There is nothing more you could ask from synthetic turf.
- You can use it both indoors and outdoors in order to make your house look beautiful.
- Though this is UV resistant yet in summers due to extreme heat, it can get heated up.
- This might be a problem because due to heating up, you will not be able to walk on it with bare feet until it cools down.
In My Opinion:
With one look at the LITA Realistic Deluxe Artificial Grass, you will find out that it is a very durable artificial grass that is perfect especially if you own a pet. With its resistivity to sunlight or ultraviolet rays, this artificial grass tends to retain or keep its color for years without being affected by stains or dirt from your domestic animal. One thing I like about this product is the perforations and holes which are in place for quick drainage. The only downside to this product is its ability to get heated up easily. This makes it
impossible to walk around barefooted.
New 15′ Foot Roll Artificial Grass – Best For Backyard
This is one of the most popular artificial grasses available, which is evident from so many positive artificial turf reviews. It is available in a variety of sizes, which enables you to choose the right size for your garden or balcony. It has a brown thatch which enables it to blend with the surroundings of your garden and makes it look a hundred percent natural. Just like natural grass, each blade of grass of this product has a variation in color giving you the real feel factor.
Not only color but dimension and texture of every blade of grass is unique which makes it an ideal choice for your garden because it will not be easy to detect that it is fake, so you can hog on all the credit for maintaining such beautiful grass in your lawn.
This soft artificial grass is designed to sustain durability and superior resilience. New 15′ Foot Roll Artificial Grass is also designed to look realistic and pet-friendly pleasing sensitive paws and feet while requiring little or no attention. Each strand of grass is designed to feel very comfortable and they also withstand heavy trampling and stomping during a performance or ”rough play”.
With a 15 years warranty and a 30 days return policy, artificial grass wholesalers guarantee you a money-back if anything goes wrong in your purchase. It also has a very low or no maintenance cost which requires you to do little keeping your grass clean and fresh as ever.
- This is designed for comfort and utmost durability with thatch composition.
- It can thus withstand moderate to heavy traffic for rough play and performance.
- Each blade has a slight variation in color, dimension, and texture giving an even more natural appearance that will make your lawn the neighborhood favorite.
- 15 Year Warranty, 30 days return policy; Money-Back Guarantee
- 98.5 oz 15′ x 25′ Roll with PU backing and Drainage holes
- 1.6″ Pile Height Medium Green Natural Look. No Infill needed for this grass!
- Buy great quality below contractors price!
- Buy direct and save thousands!
- You will get a call to schedule delivery, and may need to assist driver offload.
- This synthetic turf provides you with the most realistic look of natural grass which will make your lawn the most popular in the neighborhood.
- This grass turf is so designed that it remains soft for a very long time and it is also known for its durability.
- This kind of plastic turf can endure moderate to heavy rough playing on it which means that the material of this product is very tough!
- The company provides a 15-year warranty on this product, which is amazing.
- It also possesses drainage holes, which means that the water will not be collected and there will be no foul smell as well.
- The problem that people might have with this product is its pricing.
- The cost of this turf carpet is high because of its premium quality and classy look that it provides to your lawn or garden.
- If you consider in the long term, then this price will not seem too much considering the benefits it is providing.
In My Opinion:
When it comes to getting the best artificial grass for your backyard, the New 15’ Foot Roll Artificial Grass is a very great choice that needs not to be overlooked. It is artificial and realistic making your lawn look ”almost” natural while requiring very little or no work in maintaining it. One of the downsides to this product is the price range. It seems a bit too costly for some users but if you can afford it, I advise that you go for it.
Zen Garden PZG Premium Artificial Grass Patch w/Drainage Holes & Rubber Backing
Pet Zen Garden is an economy brand of synthetic grass designed for high traffic areas; while it can be used for different residential applications (deck, garden, small yard, play patch, etc.), it is marketed primarily as a pet-friendly turf because of its high draining capacity.
Pet Zen artificial grass is manufactured by Pet Zen Garden and sold at large warehouses or home improvement chains like Lowes, The Home Depot, and Sears. Pet Zen is pretty limited in terms of application, but works very well for small projects and interactive home settings.
Pet Zen Garden is marketed for pets because it is designed with rubber backing and drainage holes to facilitate the elimination of waste. Pet Zen is also convenient for homeowners with small spaces or playful children because while the turf is not necessarily premium quality, it has the perfect features for home application: it is extremely affordable; can be self-installed, cleans and drains easily; and is safe for direct contact.
Pet Zen synthetic grass is sold in rolls, although most places will sell smaller samples for inspection. The grass itself can be self-installed quite easily and since the mats are not thick, they are easy to cut and set without specialized tools.
A practical solution to bare decks, small garden spaces, play pens, Pet Zen is an economic way to build a tiny zen garden right in your home.
- Compared to cheaper alternates that weigh 46 oz, Zen Grass is lush, soft and weighs more than 70 oz
- 4-Tone blades give the grass a light and very natural appearance
- Material : latex, plastic. Rubber-backed with drainage holes; Grass blades are close to 1.7″ length
- Comes in multiple sizes; Can be cut to fit your exact requirements
- Durable and low maintenance; no mowing, no fertilizers or pesticides
• Great for small spaces
• Quick installation
• Easy to clean
• High draining capacity
- There is no major disadvantage of this product
In My Opinion:
The combination of a highly drainable, pet-friendly turf and a light, high quality option for small spaces and miniature landscapes make it an excellent choice that is both affordable and effective
GOLDEN MOON Realistic Artificial Grass – Best For Garden
Golden Moon is the most dedicated artificial grass manufacturer which is also an American brand making it more accessible to users. Made from a high-quality anti-aging material with masterbatch, the Golden moon artificial grass has been tested for durability, fire resistivity, and color degradation. The material used in the production of this item is 100% new and it can be recycled.
The material reduces the noise with great buffering power and good elasticity, making it powerful enough to relieve both shock and pressure. It has a rubber back which is non-slip and also UV resistant, protecting it from the sun. It is also environmentally safe for both your pet and children and it is not toxic at all. It can be used both indoors and outdoors in various occasions such as bedrooms and classrooms.
One thing we love about this product is permeability. It can be used in any weather whether sunny, rainy, or clear. This product can be used in place when natural grass goes into hibernation but you still want your backyard or garden to have that spring touch. This artificial grass passed the SGS flame retardant test.
This product will not quickly catch fire when it comes to contact with an open flame so users are safe during a fire incident. There is no need for maintenance, all you have to do is to wash the surface. You don’t need to fertilize, mow, or water again. It can also be cut to your selected size, with the use of a tool like a box cutter, users can be able to shape their artificial grass the way they want it to be. Once users purchase this item, they should first shake off to remove the excess debris which may lurk underneath.
- 1.Size Options of GOLDEN MOON artificial Grass Mat: 6′ x 13’, 3′ x 5’.
- 2.All our artificial grass mat is made of high quality anti-aging particle with masterbatch which has been tested for color degradation, durability, and fire resistance.
- 3.The outdoor turf rug with rubber-backed which is non-slip and has no trouble of mowing. Besides, it is fadeless with UV resistance.
- 4.The artificial grass mat provides great decoration for both outdoor and indoor areas with beautiful natural appearance and high temperature resistance by 3-color woven. (Tips: When laying multiple pieces of artificial turf, please keep the grass piles in the same direction, which makes sure the color looks consistent. The piles in different directions will create differences of visual color, but in fact our turfs in the same size are almost the same color.)
- 5.The grass turf can be cut to fit your exact requirements. When you receive our grass rug, please put it in the sun for about 2 hours, and stroke the grass backwards with your hand or a comb if you think the grass is flattened. Besides, if necessary, you can also shake the rug several times in order to remove the little debris on it.
- One advantage we love about this product is its resistivity to the forces of degradation.
- It can do well in extreme temperatures and it is one of the most durable artificial grass out there.
- It is made up of a very nice material which won’t easily wash away.
- When it comes to the disadvantage of this artificial grass, users always complained that the colors don’t match.
- The ones that go into detail complained about the odor too.
In My Opinion:
This artificial grass made by Golden Moon has all the required criteria be listed as one of the best artificial turfs out there. Although most colors don’t match on delivery, it is still a great product you can purchase to change the scope of your environment. I totally recommend it.
SunVilla Realistic Indoor/Outdoor Artificial Grass/Turf – Best Without Sand – Amazon’s Choice
The SunVilla artificial grass is an amazing multi-purpose but durable quality artificial grass that is made out of an advanced UV resistant polyethylene fabric and a latex backing. In other words, you can say that it is constructed with the highest quality of polyethylene yarn. This product makes use of a specially designed ”spine” yarn design which makes sure the product is a high-density realistic artificial grass. It is also waterproof due to the dual layer of polypropylene backing that keeps it sealed for outstanding stability even when it is roughly trampled upon. One thing we love about this artificial grass is the fact that it is environment-friendly and it is not toxic to pets and kids.
The SunVilla artificial grass is laboratory tested for fire-resistant, durability, and color fading or degradation. It is perfect to be used indoors or outdoors depending on where you want. With this realistic grass, you can save money meaning that you don’t have to water, fertilize, spray, or mow ever again. The company also provides users with 10 years warranty with about 30 days return policy so users don’t have to worry. This product can be taped or glued to the ground.
- ✅Premium quality: SunVilla is a marvelous, multi-purpose and very durable superior quality artificial grass/turf Brand, made of Advanced UV resistant Yarn, polyethylene fabric and durable latex backing, All materials come from the top suppliers All over the world and strictly tested in our laboratory. Perfect for all indoor and outdoor projects. SunVilla grass Doesn’t require any infill for even high traffic.
- ✅ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY: SunVilla artificial grass is non-toxic and lead free, making it an excellent surface for pets and kids to play on. 4 tone patterns are soft, lush and with 1 3/8″ blade height just look like natural grass, providing you with year-round green and turf enjoyment.
- ✅Save money & always Green: no mowing, no watering, no spraying, no fertilizing, SunVilla artificial grass needs no maintenance and looks perfectly fresh and Green all year Round.
- ✅BEST CHOICE IN ARTIFICIAL GRASS: Make perfect well-manicured look. SunVilla provides with 10 years with 30 days return policy plus hassle-free customer service make your purchase 100 % worry free!
- ✅Best matching: please select SunVilla artificial turf self-adhesive seaming tape for your SunVilla turf installation projects for a perfect seamless outcome by clicking
- The SunVilla Artificial grass is environmentally friendly and it is not toxic to your pets or young ones.
- It is made out of a premium high-quality polyethylene material which is UV resistant making it last for a longer period of time.
- One thing we don’t like about this product is that it doesn’t do well in extremely high temperatures.
In My Opinion:
This product is an outstanding, long-lasting, and multipurpose high-quality artificial grass that has enhanced UV protection for durability and less color degradation. Although this product doesn’t do well in extremely high
temperatures, it is a great choice for people who want to keep their Backyard neat.
PET GROW Artificial Grass Turf – Best For Football
Pet Grow is a direct manufacturer and wholesale producer of synthetic and artificial turf for an athletic, residential, playground, and commercial turf applications. It is a thick artificial grass rug which has a height of about 1.37” also weighing about 70 oz. per square yard. This high-density artificial grass has a 4-tone color with a lush and soft thatch which makes it look as well as feel like real grass. This gives you an all year round of green and turf environment both indoors and outdoors.
This Pet Grow artificial grass is made of high-quality synthetic polyurethane which is an athletic grade with multiple layers of backing and perforated holes for easy drainage.
A performance yarn is used in this product to produce fade resistance, superior durability, high-temperature resistance, and greater resilience. Users love this product due to the fact that it is environmentally friendly. It is not harmful or toxic to both pets and children. With this artificial grass, you can also save money. You don’t have to mow, fertilize, maintain, or cater to the grass anymore. This artificial lawn grass from Pet Grow is perfect for both indoors and outdoors. It can be used on the patio, lawn, backyard, garden as well as a mat for your home.
- THICK & REALISTIC ARTIFICAL GRASS RUG: Grass height about 1.37” in length, 70 oz total weight per square yard, high-density artificial grass. With 4-tone color, soft and lush and the thatch looks & feels like real natural grass. Providing you with year round green and turf enjoyment, perfect for all indoor and outdoor projects.
- PERFORMANCE :Made of high quality synthetic material, Superior resilience and durability, rubber backed with drainage hole,can be dry quickly.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY & SAVE MONEY: No mowing,safe for pets and children.
- Perfect for Outdoor decor, such as Garden, Lawn, Patio, Landscape, Backyard, Deck,Balcony, Porch and other outdoor place. Also used as Mat, Carpet,Doormats in indoor Home.
- This product provides an all year round green and turf enjoyment to its users.
- It is made up of a polyurethane material which gives it the durability to stay for a longer period of time.
- It is environment-friendly with non-toxic features perfect for both indoors and outdoors.
- The PG1-4 also has its bad sides, most users complained that not all grass sections are of the same colors giving it a patchy feel.
- Other users complained that it is a bit pricey.
In My Opinion:
The Pet Grow artificial grass gives users a pleasant green space without the need to fertilize, water, mow, or maintain that space. It is perfect for both indoor and outdoor spaces too. It is made by a reputable company which offers its users one of the best products for their homes. I recommend this product.
iCustomRug Thick Synthetic Artificial Grass – Best For Kids
This plastic grass turf is a perfect match for your garden. It is really looking just like natural grass and will be able to mingle with the surroundings of your lawn quite easily. Moreover, this product is made up of one hundred percent UV stabilized Ofelin. It is a very soft premium rug that you can use to decorate your outdoor living space. This best feature about this artificial floral is that it will not lose its color even when exposed to harsh forces of nature. It is soft and very easy to clean. All you have to do is use some water and then dry it in sunlight and you are good to go!
With a synthetic 1.25 blade, this product features looks and feelings of real natural grass, and iCustom created a finishing all round using a binding tape to promote the ”realness” of the product. This previous act prevents fraying. The company also made this artificial grass to be very durable while retaining its color but if the colors had to fade, there is a two-year fade warranty for each product.
- Synthetic 1.25″ Pile Height – Looks & feels like real natural grass
- Finished all around with carpet binding tape – for a authentic rug look. Prevents fraying.
- Soft underfoot, 100% Olefin UV Stabilized with two year fade warranty, extremely stain resistant and easy to clean, just hose down water drains through.
- Great for outdoor decks & patios, campers, pet centers, gyms, sports areas, pool areas, landscaping, garden areas and grass replacement
- TOP QUALITY outdoor grass. Choose from many CUSTOM SIZES available
- The pile height of this artificial focus grass is 1.25 inches, which looks very similar to the natural landscape.
- You can use this turf carpet like a floor mat as well.
- One of the most important advantages of this product is that it has finished bound edges which make it very
- suitable to be used indoors as well.
- You can place it under your dinner table to enjoy your meal closer to nature!
- You can also use it for your walk.
- Walking barefoot is also highly recommended because of the softness of this carpet mat.
- It is extremely stain resistant, which again helps you a lot to keep the artificial grass clean.
- A shortcoming of this wonderful product is it is difficult to find, but it is said that every good thing must
- have a bad side.
- One of the downsides of this product is its durability.
- Though it goes a long way with time it starts to lose its quality.
- It is advisable not to be too rough on this landscape grass.
In My Opinion:
The iCustomRug Thick Synthetic Artificial Grass is just tbs perfect grass you can get for your kids. With its unending ability to clean, there is no stress involved during this process. I love the way the edges have applied a finishing to prevent fraying making it perfect for indoor applications. I totally recommend this product.
ALTRUISTIC Premium Realistic Artificial Grass -Best For Lawns
It is considered to be among the best artificial grass products on the market. The simple reason behind this is the numerous features and benefits that this product provides people. It is known for greater resiliency as a result of the high-performance yarn. It is made up of natural grass colored thatch that provides you the looks of natural grass. It is also known for its softness which makes it very suitable for using it indoors in the form of a carpet mat as well. It is made up of material that is non-abrasive and non-absorbent, making it very easy to clean and maintain.
The ALTRUISTIC Premium Realistic Artificial Grass is a non-toxic and eco-friendly 4 tone pattern artificial grass that is lush and natural-looking which is perfect for both indoors and especially outdoors. Maintenance with this product is easy because there is no need to water, fertilize, spray or mow the grass. Users wouldn’t even be bothered about the grass drying off during hot and cold climate. Installation with the ALTRUISTIC Premium Realistic Artificial Grass is very easy. Users just need to layout their grass, Mark the area, dig it out, and lay the product then fill the edges to have an attractive finishing.
- MATERIALS: Made of high quality synthetic material,superior resilience and durability,Constructed of the highest quality UV resistant polyethylene and poly polypropylene yarns,70 oz total weight per square yard to ensure an extremely high-density artificial grass.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: It is eco-friendly and non-toxic,Its 4 tone pattern is soft, lush and the thatch looks just like natural grass,providing you with year round green and turf enjoyment, Perfect for all indoor and outdoor projects.
- SAVE MONEY BY GOING GREEN: No mowing, no watering, no spraying,just years of enjoyment with family, friends and pets?And they would not have to worry about the grass thinning out or dying off during hot or cold weather.
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION: Laying out our grass is very simple-Simply mark and dig out an area, lay out the base, roll out the turf, and seal the matter,Infilling is your choice, though we recommend it,Blade height is close to 1 3/8” and perfect for that well-manicured look.
- BEST CHOICE IN ARTIFICIAL GRASS: Top quality and Low price – 10 years warranty with 30 days return policy.
- Apart from all the advantages that are already mentioned there are few other benefits which you can expect out
- of this product.
- Because of its non-absorbent feature, it is pet-friendly, which means that even if your pet urinates on this
- artificial grass, it is not going to damage this turf.
- It is UV stabilized and is also frost resistant, which means that no matter how harsh the weather is outside the
- softness and durability of this product will not be affected.
- The benefits overpower the drawbacks to a great extent.
- You may find the price of this product to be a bit high, but it is only fair for this high-quality product.
In My Opinion:
The ALTRUISTIC Premium Realistic Artificial Grass no doubt has been known to be one of the most notable products when it comes to the artificial grass world. It has a 10 years warranty with a 30-day return policy
which makes the purchase easier and much okay. I like this product Because it is durable and also like most artificial carpet grass, it is pet-friendly. The only downside to this product is the price, it seems a bit
costly for its users.
Synturfmats Artificial Grass – Best For Home
This is a premium quality product as evidenced by the artificial grass reviews of this product. Like any other artificial turf, it neither needs to be mowed nor needs it to be watered. But the best part about this product is the cleaning process. You can easily clear it using a brush or a broom or a non-metal rake. It can be used for a variety of purposes such as for decorating the house, covering a pet area, roof, patio, balcony, and villa. The size of this product is also good, which means you do not have to make any alterations.
The 4 tone grass blades give this product a shining and very natural appearance which is lush, soft, and comfortable. You do not need to worry about how safe this product is because it’s designed not to remove toxic substances and also to withstand any condition caused by nature. In short, it is weatherproof and can be used in any type of climatic conditions such as rainfall or sunshine. The blades of the Synturfmats Artificial Grass are moderate which is not too low not too high and cleaning and washing the blades is also possible.
- WIDE SCOPE OF APPLICATIONS – Synthetic turf is great for patio, house decoration, garden, kindergarten, roof, balcony, swimming pool, terrace, park, villa and pet dog area , etc.
- LOOKS AND FEELS LIKE REAL GRASS. 7-Tone blades give the grass a light and very natural appearance, it’s soft, lush, soft. Rubber Backed With Drainage Holes
- ECO-FRIENDLY AND LONG LASTING. Does not release toxic chemicals, UV Protection against weather wear & tear and fading.
- The blades of the artificial turf is about 1 inch(25mm), which is moderate, not too high nor too short. Can be easily cleaned and washed.
- Please kindly note that there maybe a few inches size error because it was measured and cut by human, You can cut it yourself easily to fit your exact requirements
- The 4-toned grass feature means that there are four color variations in the grass, which makes the look of this
- artificial grass even more realistic.
- It has drainage holes to allow water to pass through easily and is rubber backed which means more durability.
- It is very soft which means you can enjoy this as if you are on natural grass.
- The height of the grass blades is 25 mm, which means it is neither too short nor too long.
- This will enable your turf to remain soft for a longer period as it will not become flat with time.
- The thing which can be bothering about this product is its size.
- The manufacturer takes 1 foot to be equal to 0.3 meters which can cause a little deviation in size.
- Moreover, this plastic turf is cut out by a human, which means it is prone to errors and you may have to cut it
- yourself if you want some alteration in size.
In My Opinion:
The Synturfmats Artificial Grass is a good product which is perfect and best for your home. If features various components and designs which are capable of preserving this product throughout many years. The blades of this product have this natural feel and they are not short not tall but perfect for the required purpose. The only downside to this product is the system of measurement and size but with little maths, you can get your exact
Forest Grass Artificial Carpet Fake Grass – Best For Balcony
Forest Grass is a producer, innovator, and designer of professional artificial grass with about 16 years of experience and customers/clients from all around the world. When it comes to artificial grass, there are just a few models out there that actually gives that ”real feelings” and Forest Grass is just one of those products. Professionals consider this product as the best artificial grass one can use in a residential setting. When you see the package, you would also notice the reason why it is that good. The blades of this product look very real after it is being combed. The only thing we didn’t like about this product is that irrespective of the fact that this grass has a real look, it doesn’t feel soft just as natural grass would.
The blades of this Forest Grass product is made using a durable and non-toxic material called polyethylene. This material is perfect for conditions that involve children and pets not putting them at risk of bruise and toxicity. The back of the product is made with polyurethane so it can last for a longer period of time even though it was roughly used. The back just gives users enough sturdiness due to the thick nature but it is also easy to manage too. Users need to use just a box cutter to trim the product to fit in a specific space.
Durability is one of the strong suits of the Forest Grass artificial grass turf. The company made sure they satisfy their customers by giving them a 14-year warranty that automatically comes with the purchase just to show users how durable the product can be.
You can expect this product to flourish in places with very high foot traffic as well as places that are prone to rough use by pets as well as children.
- Made of high quality synthetic material. It is eco-friendly and non-toxic.
- Its 4 tone pattern is soft, lush and the thatch looks just like natural grass.
- Blade height is close to 1 3/8” and perfect for that well-manicured look. Perfect for all indoor and outdoor projects.
- Backing coated with durable rubber and drainage holes. Can be washed to stay clean.
- 14 years Warranty with 30 days return policy.Package includes one mat.
- The Forest Grass comes in different sizes and you can cut your product based on the size you need.
- One thing we really love about this artificial grass is that it is very easy to install and set up.
- It comes with a 14-year warranty which in context cannot question the durability of the product.
- It looks so real and it doesn’t get very hot in the sun.
- What we do not like about this product is that inasmuch as has a real look, it doesn’t feel as soft as a natural
- grass should, although it is still softer than most products.
- Another downside is that it is more costly than most artificial grass products.
In My Opinion:
The Forest Grass features a high-quality synthetic material that is eco-friendly and not toxic making it perfect for pets and little kids. This product is great for residential use or places that are prone to heavy traffic. With its 14-year warranty, I recommend this product because of its durability.
Top Best Rated Artificial Grass & Turf Buyers Guide For 2022-2023
Important Terms of Artificial Grass:
The following is a review of some important terms to know when considering the purchase of artificial grass:
- Back Weight – This is the weight of the bottom surface material to which the grass blades are attached. The average back weight is 26 ounces. The synthetic turf is more durable when the weight of this layer is higher.
- Front Weight – Sometimes also called “face weight”, this is the weight of the yarn which makes up the grass blades of the turf. The quality of the turf is higher when its front weight is heavier.
- Infill – In some artificial grass installations, the infill is neutral material added onto the turf to fill the space around the base of the grass blades. This material may be crumbled rubber or some type of silica. It protects the backing layer of the turf and helps blades to stand erect. It also provides cushioning.
- Roll Width – Artificial turf comes in rolls of varying widths. When it is installed on an athletic field, a 15 foot wide roll is used. For smaller areas, smaller widths are employed to eliminate waste.
- Yarn – This is the man-made fiber used to create the grass blades.
Who Needs Artificial Grass?
Though the artificial grass was almost exclusively used for athletic fields for many years, that has changed dramatically. Many different types of people now recognize a need for synthetic turf.
- Commercial Developers – Landscaping is an important economic benefit to any commercial development. A study by the Center for Urban Horticulture at the University of Washington found that 74% of people preferred shopping at businesses that featured trees and landscaping in parking areas. However, the cost associated with maintaining real grass and natural landscaping can be very high. Artificial grass can reduce these costs significantly, since it does not need mowing, watering, or fertilizing. The savings for a business may be thousands of dollars each year, as the cost of landscaping is $30 to $40 per hour.
- Residential Community Builders – Fake grass may also be an ideal replacement for real sod lawns when constructing new residential communities, especially in areas prone to water shortages. For example, Mill Valley, California restricts new homes to 500 square feet of real grass due to the drought conditions of the state. Since one-third of residential water use is for lawn irrigation, city officials believe this ordinance will reduce the demand on the municipal water supply. Builders can expand the outdoor green space of homes without increasing water consumption when they replace natural turf with artificial grass.
- Environmentally-Conscious Homeowners – Since synthetic lawns are eco-friendly, they are necessary for the environmentally-conscious homeowner. Besides saving water, artificial grass also helps the environment by reducing dangerous exhaust fumes because it never needs to be mowed. This can have a huge positive impact on the environment, as a 2011 EPA study on lawn equipment revealed. “GLGE [gasoline-powered lawn and garden equipment] accounts for a major portion of U.S. non road gasoline emissions,” concludes EPA environmental engineer Robert McConnell. He states further that the main power source of GLGEs, two-stroke engines are an important source of toxic and cancer-causing emissions.
- Recreational Designers – Artificial turf is also important to designers of recreational and play areas for two reasons. First, it is very durable. While a playground’s natural turf can wear thin from heavy foot traffic, creating dangerous muddy spots, this never happens with synthetic grass. Second, the latest generation of fake grass provides a much softer play area than real grass. The CDC reports that the most common cause of playground injuries comes from falls, and the surface under playground equipment should be shock-absorbing to reduce the likelihood of injury. This makes synthetic grass with soft underlayment the ideal playground surface.
- Apartment Dwellers – The benefit of green grass for even apartment dwellers is another feature of artificial grass. It enables those people surrounded by pavement and concrete to have a small patch of lush, fake grass on their patio or balcony, which can improve their quality of life. Psychologists have documented that even exposure to a small area of green space is healthy.
- Roger S. Ulrich, a Texas A&M professor, studied patients recovering from surgery. He found that those who had a view of trees outside their room recovered more quickly, had fewer complications, and needed less pain medication than patients who only had a view of brick walls.
- Animal Lovers – Another group of people that need artificial grass are animal lovers. Synthetic lawns provide animals with outdoor play areas that are durable and hygienic. They can be constructed to provide for good drainage since they will inevitably be used by pets to relieve themselves. Specially designed turfs with antimicrobial fibers can even reduce unpleasant odors.
How Do You Choose Artificial Grass?
There are several important steps to follow when choosing artificial grass.
- Consider the Area’s Use – There are several types of artificial grass. The first step in choosing which type to use is to consider the main use of the area where the synthetic turf will be installed. If it is simply a small area with low traffic, a lighter turf may be suitable. If it is used in a high-traffic area for a playground, a heavier turf with additional soft underlayment will be needed.
- Review Several Samples – Many of the main suppliers of artificial turf will supply a free sample of their different types of turf. It is vital to examine samples since such a wide variety exists on the market today.
- Research the Warranty – Most synthetic turfs have a five-year guarantee. Some offer eight to ten-year warranties. The industry’s trade group, the Synthetic Turf Council states that the average synthetic turf field will often last much longer than a company’s warranty.
- Check Appearance – The better the quality of fake grass, the more realistic it will appear . It will have softened hues of green, rather than the bright solid green of the first-generation AstroTurf. The shape of the blades will also affect the appearance. “Feline eye” shaped blades, oval-shaped blades, and flattened oval with spine blades all give a real grass appearance.
- Measure Drainage – The turf mat at the base of the artificial grass will be of quality latex or polyurethane with plenty of drainage holes stamped into the surface. The rate of drainage should be greater than 30 inches per hour for every square yard.
- Examine Yarn Type – The blades of artificial turf may be made of a variety of materials. Nylon blades create a synthetic turf with a realistic appearance. For durability, blades made of polypropylene yarn are best. The third type of blade made of polyethylene yarn combines features of both to provide a turf pleasing to the eye but also durable.
- Plan the Pile Height – This is the term that refers to the length of the grass blades of artificial turf. For athletic fields, the pile height may be as long as three inches. For other applications, pile height is often 1 to 1.25 inches. It is prudent to increase pile height if the turf is exposed to heavy foot traffic. The higher pile will compensate for the effect of grass compression that occurs over time.
How to install Artificial Grass?
9 Common Problems with Artificial Grass and Solutions you can go for
- Wrong Type of fake Grass
Most people forget to acknowledge the fact that there are countless types of artificial grass in the market and each type of built to accommodate a specific use with attributes that take care of this particular need. They end up getting a grass which is uncomfortable for use.
SOLUTION: RESEARCH THOROUGHLY
Don’t get confused, ask about the type of artificial grass which suits your specification or what you want to use it to do.
- Experiencing Sinking Holes and Spots
If you don’t set the base at which your artificial grass laid on, it can result in having potholes and sinks. They cannot be seen if your grass us installed but they can be felt and after can accumulate in those areas.
SOLUTION: MAKE USE OF A SOLID SUBBASE
Before setting up, make sure you have a good and perfect base. Using silica sand as well as proper settings, you can create a solid ground to prevent this.
- Weed Growth
Due to the fact that you are using artificial grass, you don’t need to stop weed growth but most times, weed might still successfully grow under your turf.
SOLUTION: TRY USING A WEED BARRIER
Use a good weed barrier that prevents weeds from growing by killing them. If you own a pet, consider also using a membrane under so it can trap pet urine in case.
- Bad Odor
No one likes a lawn that has an awful odor and if you are using artificial grass, this factor is unavoidable. Another factor you might be concerned about is the odor of glue after your lawn has been installed.
SOLUTION: USING DEODORIZERS
You should not stand by while your artificial lawn is smelling bad. You can use scents and perfumes to mask the smell until it goes down. Most companies also sell perfumes that won’t react with their products.
- Moss Build Up
The material used in making fake grass is not meant to encourage organic growth but most times, first and debris trapped might encourage its growth.
SOLUTION: USE A LEAF BLOWER
Preventing this is better than finding a solution to it. Try making use of a leaf blower once a week to get rid of organic debris from your product.
- Lifted Edges
If artificial grasses are not installed properly, the grass lifts at its edges hence visually ruining the look you are going for. There’s nothing worse than a hideous lawn which can also hurt customers.
SOLUTION: USE FIXINGS AROUND THAT AREA
Secure the edges of the lawn making use of fixings. This will make sure it doesn’t lift up anymore.
- Drainage Problems
One of the worst issues you can come across using artificial grass is drainage problems. Lawns with poor training will settle water and if not solved on time, can cost users money for repairs.
SOLUTION: TRY USING RUBBLES
Try digging and using bubbles to fill holes where you want your drainage to rub smoothly. This ensures water or liquids pass through very easily.
- Visible Joint Lines
One of the reasons people purchase artificial grass is aesthetics. A line on your turf which runs across the joint is a site you don’t want to see. These are caused when light is bounced off artificial blades which are closely packed together.
SOLUTION: HIRE SOMEONE EXPERIENCED
To fix this after installation is pretty hard and expensive therefore you shouldn’t allow it to happen in the first place. You can work with a skilled installer to avoid this.
- Limited Access to Warranties
Most artificial grasses that are imported seem to be sold at a cheaper price but you have to wait to undergo a warranty check. This might disrupt your date of completion in your project.
SOLUTION: GO LOCAL
Warranties are checked faster if you buy your product locally. You can as well also request for free samples to check the quality of what you are purchasing.
FAQ about Artificial Grass:
Q:HOW DOES ARTIFICIAL TURF DRAIN WATER?
A:The backing mat has small weep holes located throughout the entire material. An artificial turf should drain 30 inches of water per square foot per hour.
Q:IS ARTIFICIAL TURF SAFE FOR KIDS?
A:Artificial turf is one of the safest surfaces for kids, as it provides more shock-absorbing cushion than other surfaces when installed properly.
Q:IS ARTIFICIAL GRASS SAFE FOR PETS?
A:Synthetic grass is safe for pets as well. While some older artificial turf that was imported did have a backing that contained lead, domestically produced synthetic turf is free of lead and non-toxic to animals.
Q:IS ARTIFICIAL GRASS TOXIC AND SMELL?
A:Artificial grass produced in the U.S. must meet safety requirements and is inspected to ensure that it is safe and non-toxic. Though turf that is used in pet settings can develop a smell when the animal relieves themselves, it can be easily cleaned with a safe vinegar/water solution.
Q:DOES ARTIFICIAL GRASS NEED TO BE CUT?
A:Artificial grass never needs to be cut like natural green grass. While it is almost maintenance-free, it may need to be rinsed with a hose periodically.
Q:CAN ARTIFICIAL GRASS BE LAID ON CONCRETE?
A:Artificial grass can be laid on any surface, including concrete. When installing it over concrete, it may need an underlayment of drainage tiles or a softening pad, since concrete is a nonporous, hard surface.
Thanks for taking the time to read our Top Best Rated Artificial Grass & Turf Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Vinyl Works Above Ground Swimming Pool Resin Deck Kit
- Best Pool Slide For Your Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Summer Waves vs Intex Pools Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Pool Safety For Kids Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Above Ground Pool Heaters Everything You Need To Know Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Can Dogs Go In A Pool? Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Pool Umbrella Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Top Swimming Pool Fountain Review Guide For 2022-2023
- 2020 Top Rated Above Ground Pools
- Hot Tubs and Spas
- Above Ground Pools With Decks
- Top 4 Best Pool Heater Reviews
- Above Ground and In-Ground Pool Liners