Top Best Floating Water Mats Review Guide For 2022-2023
Top Best Floating Water Mats Review Guide For 2022-2023 – As summer sets in, the hotter months and longer days have most of us longing for a refreshing dip in the water. But before your next poolside adventure, consider ditching the old floatie or inner-tube for one of this summer’s most popular pool toys: the floating water mat.
Also known as swim pads or lily pads, these function like floating foam walkways resting on the water. Extremely versatile, they are ideal for reading, relaxing or group play.
The possibilities for using these are endless – but how do you choose the right one? We’ve provided a handy review and buyers guide to make your life a bit more simple. To see the top best floating water mats on the market today keep reading our Top Best Floating Water Mats Review Guide For 2022-2023.
AQUA Floating Mat Island
Starting our list off strong, the first product we recommend is the AQUA Floating Mat Island. This huge water mat boasts an 11 ft length and whopping 1,000 pound weight capacity.
Three sides of the mat are lined with heavy duty zippers, allowing users to link additional water pads together and extend the fun!
The AQUA swim mat also comes with anchor dock points and mooring loops, so you can lock your personal foam island in place and relax without fear of drifting away.
This swim pad is designed with patented Cozi-Soft Fabric, which is stated to be 60% thicker than the average pool float material.
The fabric increases buoyancy, durability and fade-resistance. In fact, the colors of the AQUA mat are said to actually grow in vibrancy upon contact with water.
For inflation and deflation, it is recommended to use an electric AC/DC air pump (not included). This model’s easy in-out air valves should make the job a breeze.
Because of this product’s sheer size and strength, it is the best water mat for parties and group activities. Spice up your summer with the AQUA Floating Mat Island!
AQUA Floating Mat Island at a Glance:
- Weight Capacity: 1,000 Pounds
- Dimensions: 11 x 5.6 Feet
- Materials: Cozi-Soft Fabric, Mesh
- Extras: Inflatable, dock points, mooring loops
- PARTY PLATFORM PLANK with Deflated Dimensions 11’ x 5.6’ (333 cm x 171 cm)
- HYDRO-DYNAMIC Luxurious Cozi-Soft Cooling Fabric which reveals rich design when wet.
- SUPERIOR COMFORT PLANK with outstanding buoyancy and stability for your family/friends.
- EXPANDABLE: HEAVY DUTY ZIPPERS on three-sides for connecting multiple party planks to create your own island. Great for the lake and ocean, too!
- MOORING LOOPS ANCHOR POINTS for Boat, Dock or Shore; Heavy Duty Construction.
CoolerZ Tropical Breeze Floating Island
Sit back, relax, and enjoy a tropical getaway right in your own backyard with the CoolerZ Tropical Breeze Floating Island.
With over 9 feet of padded cushioning, 6 cup holders and 2 extra-wide pillow back rests, this floating water mat can support up to 6 adults comfortably.
It even features a removable sun shade for added protection on those extra hot summer days, and a cooler bag so you can stock up on refreshments.
Constructed with sturdy vinyl, the CoolerZ can support around 800 pounds of weight at one time.
The material is durable enough to survive the wear and tear of vigorous play and long days in the pool or river.
Because of its size and relatively high weight of 67 pounds, it is recommended that you inflate it with an electric pump.
You could also consider getting an anchor to hold the floating mat in place if you’re dealing with wind gusts or strong currents.
CoolerZ Tropical Floating Island at a Glance:
- Weight Capacity: 800 Pounds
- Dimensions: 10.5 x 9.5 x 2 Feet
- Materials: Vinyl
- Extras: Sun shade, cup holders
- Floating island for 6 people with removable sun shade
- Two extra-wide pillow backrests
- Cooler bag and 6 cup holders
- Swim-up platform and heavy-duty handles
- Approximate Inflated Dimensions: 128″ x 114″ x 26″
Aqua Lily Pad Water Mat
The Aqua Lily Pad was actually the first water mat to have ever been created! Crafted with superior technology and materials, there is truly no other swim mat like it.
Unlike most floating mats, the Aqua Lily Pad is made of patent pending, marine grade ‘Cross Linked Foam’ material, which prevents water absorption and mold development.
FlexCore technology adds reinforcement and rip stop resistance, while keeping the mat lying flat always. It is also topped off with a UV resistant film to improve surface longevity.
This mat also comes with a 6 ft tether system for boat docking and hook and loop straps for simple storage.
Thanks to its durable foam material, the Aqua Lily Pad can hold up to 1300 pounds of distributed weight – an ideal option for pool family get-togethers or rowdy pool parties.
This model is made with the detail to keep your family and friends floating on the lake season after season. Best water mat for those looking for a long-term investment.
Aqua Lily Pad Water Mat at a Glance:
- Weight Capacity: 1300 Pounds
- Dimensions: 18 x 6 Feet
- Materials: Cross Linked Foam
- Extras: Connectors, FlexCore tech
- None at this time
Intex Giant Inflatable Floating Mat
Last but not least, we bring you the Intex Giant Inflatable Floating Mattress.
This floating water mat creates the perfect space to relax with friends and family on any lake, pool or river.
Featuring a new vinyl design for optimal comfort, the Intex has the perfect amount of buoyancy to float right on top of the waters surface, letting in just enough moisture to keep you cool.
Though this mat weighs a mere 19 pounds, don’t let its small stature fool you – it can support up to 660 pounds of weight!
Each of its corners also features Intex’s patented connect N’ float system, which allows you to connect other floats of the same brand to create a massive floating island!
Simply inflate with a hand or electric pump for use, and deflate for compact storage.
Texas Recreation Floating Pool Mattress at a Glance:
- Weight Capacity: 660 Pounds
- Dimensions: 9.5 x 7 Feet
- Materials: Vinyl
- Extras: Connector system
- Relax with friends on the giant floating mat
- New design for optimal comfort keeps you right at the water surface, letting just enough water in to keep you cool
- Features Intex connect ‘N float connectors for use with other floats
- 114” x 84”, 20ga vinyl
- Folds small for storage
SOWKT Floating Island
The SOWKT Floating Island is another top contender for the best water mat on the market.
Like the last product, this swim pad is constructed with 1.3″ thick XPE foam for durability. An added inner net sealed with heat ensures the pad’s resilience.
This is a great float for adults and children alike, offering 18 feet of length and a maximum weight capacity of 1320 pounds!
Rather than inflating or deflating, the SOWKT floating island rolls up for storage and transportation. Fortunately, hefting this 34 pound mat up isn’t too hard either.
Included with the package are a heavy-duty carabiner, a bungee tether leash and extra long fastener straps – everything you need to get out on the water with your new toy!
Available in 5 different colors to please everybody’s unique tastes, the SOWKT floating water mat is a top rated, high quality option.
SOWKT Floating Water Pad at a Glance:
- Weight Capacity: 1320 Pounds
- Dimensions: 18 x 6 Feet
- Materials: XPE foam, mesh
- Extras: Heavy-Duty Carabiner, Bungee Tether Leash, Fastener straps
- Quality and Safety: Our newest model of the SOWKT lily pad has lots of room for fun, with its 18×6 ft. size and great colors for high visibility and safety. Great float for adults or kids! Holds up to 1320 lbs.
- Relax? Fun? You Got It! Relax or have a blast with family and friends, you choose. Whether on a pool, the ocean, the river or any body of water, this float will provide you with endless memories of fun and time well spent.
- Durability & Storage: 1.3 inches thick and made with High-Quality XPE foam. We developed a proprietary inner net + heat sealing to ensure the aqua pad’s high durability. Weight: 28 lbs. Size: 6 ft. long and ~21 in Diameter when rolled tight.
- In the Box: (1) 18×6 ft. Floating Mat (1) Heavy-Duty Carabiner (1) Bungee Tether Leash (2) Extra long touch fastener straps
- Quality You Can Trust: 1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty from time of purchase.
WOW Floating Water Walkway
Next up, we have the WOW Floating Water Walkway. With World of Watersports being one of the most reputable American brands for pool toys, it’s no wonder this is a fan-favorite.
The WOW water mat is built with heavy-duty 30 Gauge PVC and vertical I-beams. These additions ensure that it can fully support up to 6 adults (roughly 900 pounds).
Like the last product, the WOW has a zipper system for connecting additional mats and building floating islands. Grommets on each end also allow you to secure it to a boat.
The WOW water walkway is very lightweight and can be easily inflated with a manual or electric pump. It deflates fast and dries even faster in the sun due to water-resistant foam.
Though it seems to float precariously on the water’s surface, it is also exceptionally stable – World of Watersports even recommends using it as a walkway between boats.
Offered in red, green, blue and yellow, this water mat is high quality, durable and portable. Its overall stability makes it the best for actively playing in the water.
WOW Floating Water Walkway at a Glance:
- Weight Capacity: 900 Pounds
- Dimensions: 6 x 10 Feet
- Materials: 30-Gauge PVC, Foam
- Extras: Inflatable, grommets, connecting zippers
- Large Water Walkway – Connecting zipper system of this inflatable lounger allows connect as many as you like, make 6 x 10 feet, 6 x 30 feet, 6 x 50 feet walking island on the water.
- You can walk across the inflatable float when firmly inflated; connect between two boats to get from one to the other. This inflatable pool lounge offers you the perfect space to relax and enjoy a drink with friends or family
- Float has grommets on each end to tie off to a boat, includes 2 pieces of 6-foot rope to tie each end. Connecting zipper system allows you to connect as many WOW Walkways as you want, make a 6 x 10 ft., 6 x 30 ft., 6 x 50 ft. floating island on water
- Heavy-Duty PVC Construction – The river float has heavy-duty 30 Gauge PVC construction; vertical I-beams provide full support for up to 6 adults to stand on. Ideal for playing, jumping or just lounging on the water
- Floating foam mat is ideal for creating a walkway between boats or for just making a huge island
- for a large group of people to float and party on. Floating water mat dries very quickly, you can
- easily pack and store it after your water lounge party
Outroad Water Floating Mat
Next on our list is the Outroad Water Floating Mat, a roll-up swim pad that offers 12 feet of pure fun!
Made with layers of strengthened XPE foam to prevent odor and bacterial growth, this is a sturdy option which can fit 3 – 5 adults at once (roughly 800 pounds).
The Outroad mat is constructed with tear-stop inner matrix to prevent lacerations and punctures, making it great for jumping, playing and running over the water’s surface.
Another special feature of this swim pad is its easy maintenance – simply wipe it down with soap and water, then roll it up for easy storage or transportation.
It even comes in a variety of dimensions and colors to suit everyone’s specific tastes – we’ve reviewed the 12 foot model, but you could choose between 9, 12 and 18 feet of length.
Whether you’re craving some alone time in the water or planning a summer party, this pool toy is sure to satisfy your needs. Best all-purpose water mat.
Outroad Water Floating Mat at a Glance:
- Weight Capacity: 800 Pounds
- Dimensions: 12 X 6 Feet
- Materials: XPE foam
- Extras: N/A
- COMFORTABLE SIZE – Floating Foam Pad Dimension: 12’X6′,it is sturdy enough for the kids to run and jump at the heart of the mat. Our floating pad is support to 800lbs of evenly distributed weight and is suitable for 3-5 persons.
- XPE FOAM – XPE is not easy to decompose, odorless, bouncy, safer, and effective to prevent bacterial growth.
- HUGE FLOATING MAT – You can roll it up for easy setup, takedown, transportation and storage, solve the problem of disorderly placement or uneasy portability.
- SAFE & EASY – All OUTROAD products are made of non-toxic polyethylene (PE) foam. In addition, products are safe and easy to clean with soap and water for years of vivid colors and endless fun!
- GET OUT & ENJOY HEALTHY LIFE – This water mat is the best gift for kids and parents, it will
- provide you special fun on relaxation. Discard electronic products, Sunshine fills your life
Top Best Floating Water Mats Buyers Guide For 2022-2023
How to Choose the Best Swim Mat
Utility: How Will You Use It?
The most important thing to consider throughout the buying process is utility : how do you plan to use your mat?
Floating water mats are most often used as party or group attractions, due to their large size and general stability.
But, essentially being huge squares of floating foam, they are incredibly versatile and can be used as a landscape for a range of activities, from solo play to group activity.
Fortunately, water mats come in a variety of dimensions and designs to support a plethora of uses.
You should evaluate the design and materials of your mat to ensure they are suitable for your purposes.
If you intend to purchase a water mat mainly for solo relaxation and peaceful drifting, design is key. Consider going for a more streamlined, lightweight option over a durable option.
The small size is suitable for one person at a time, and if your personal foam island is light enough it can be easily transported anywhere.
If you’re looking for the best water mat for individual use, consider options like the Texas Recreation Floating Pool Mat and the HOMKOM Foam Swim Mat.
If you intend to purchase a swim pad for parties and groups, consider something larger and more sturdy, constructed with high-tech durable material.
If this is the case, to check the weight capacity of your water mat! This is a vital determinant of how many people it can support at once.
There are a couple large, durable options on this list – for group activities, consider the AQUA Floating Mat, the Outroad Water Mat or the SOWKT Floating Water Pad.
Most floating water mats are made from some type of foam, as it best resists water absorption and can support heavy weight.
There are a couple different types of foam materials used in designing swim pads. The most common is XPE Foam, which is a nontoxic crosslinked polyethylene foam.
XPE is chemically stable, difficult to decompose, odorless and flexible. It is the preferred material for making not only mats, but also soundproof and heat insulation layers.
Other materials like mesh and PVC are often also used alongside various kinds of foam.
Mesh is typically used to sandwich layers of foam, for tear resistance and added protection from water absorption. Inner layers of mesh wire significantly increase a water mat’s lifespan.
On the other hand, PVC is added for increased durability and weight capacity. PVC beams are often added into the inside of the mat for sturdiness during vigorous activity and use.
FAQs About Floating Water Mats
Q: Why are floating water mats so expensive?
A: Floating water mats are generally expensive because the foam used to construct them must be extremely high quality, non toxic, buoyant and durable.
Remember that many water mats can support over 1,000 pounds of weight – an incredible feat!
Though they may seem simple in design, water mats are quite complex and thus more expensive.
Q: What are water mats made of?
A: They are typically made of some kind of cross-linked foam, like XPE foam.
Additional materials like PVC and mesh layers are also often used.
Q: How do you anchor a water mat?
A: Most models come with grommets , ropes and tethers so you can easily tie your mat to another object to secure it.
Simply loop the rope through the grommets, then tie to a static object to keep from drifting away.
Q: How do you clean your floating walkway?
A: Fortunately, foam is one of the most low-maintenance products in existence.
Simply wipe your mat down with water, soap and a sponge. Dry it carefully before storage to ensure that no mold collects.
Tips For Choosing a Floating Water Mat:
1: Consider utility
Decide firmly whether you intend to use your mat for group play or solo relaxation.
2: Check the weight capacity
You really don’t want to end up damaging your mat because you didn’t take a minute to check its weight capacity.
Make sure to do this before attempting to throw any large scale group activities on a water mat.
3: Decide inflatable v. roll-up
Inflatable water mats are typically easier to store, as you don’t need to struggle with rolling up a water-logged mat after use.
However, our research has shown that most smaller mats are only manufactured in the roll-up variety.
Only two products on this list are inflatable – the AQUA Floating Mat Island and the WOW Floating Water Walkway.
Be sure to consider this before making a purchase!
We’ve now covered some good floating water mats, you can see that there are many factors to consider before finding a good one for you – design, materials, portability, and more.
Most importantly, you should pick a water mat which suits your unique lifestyle and tastes. Hopefully these reviews and buyers guide have helped you figure out what that option is. Thanks for taking the time to read
our Top Best Floating Water Mats Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Vinyl Works Above Ground Swimming Pool Resin Deck Kit
- Best Pool Slide For Your Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Summer Waves vs Intex Pools Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Pool Safety For Kids Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Above Ground Pool Heaters Everything You Need To Know Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Can Dogs Go In A Pool? Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Pool Umbrella Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Top Swimming Pool Fountain Review Guide For 2022-2023
- 2020 Top Rated Above Ground Pools
- Hot Tubs and Spas
- Above Ground Pools With Decks
- Top 4 Best Pool Heater Reviews
- Above Ground and In-Ground Pool Liners