The 4 Best Intex Pool Pumps Review Guide of 2020 – One of the most affordable and best in the industry’s is the Intex pool pumps. The different models of this brand of pump include the Intex Pool Filter Pump, the Intex pump’s motor, and other accessories. As far as pool owners are concerned, most fail to fully understand how to maintain their pumps and also how to care for them.
Much the pool’s operation lay on its pump, which keeps your pool water from contamination and makes the pool water very clean. Because of lack of information about their pumps even though instructions are in the Owner’s Manual, many pool owners are still struggling to keep their pool tidy. Intex pool pumps primarily user-friendly, with clear instructions and for that reason they are so easy to assemble.
If you use Intex brands for your pool, trust us to get you updated regarding the product and the best model for your pool. Follow us for proper maintenance, saving tips and other worthwhile advice found in this The 4 Best Intex Pool Pumps Review Guide of 2020. Use pool pump reviews to your advantage. When we say “best”, it is not only the pump’s quality that we are talking about. It also pertains to its affordability, availability of parts,performance, and other significant traits.
How To Pick Your Intex Pump:
Intex products are durable, reliable, and really affordable. They are designed for safety, fun and comfort. Below are a few steps on how to choose the best Intex Pool Pump for your above ground pools:
Step 1: Know the necessary size or horsepower of your pump. The general rule is: use a 1HP pump for 24-foot diameter round above ground pools and use 1.5HP for over 24-foot diameter round above ground swimming pools.
Because it is unnecessary,most of Intex’s above ground pools do not recommend pumps with more than 1.5 HP.
The horsepower you choose now could save you a bundle of money in the long run (maintenance and for parts replacement). Using much higher HP will only push the water unto the filter too quickly and sanitation will be in jeopardy.
Step 2: The filter system for above ground pool pump is properly paired with the right horsepower by Intex on its products. However, in case you are going to replace the pump and not the filter (if your old pump is not Intex or you want an upgrade), follow the step above.
Above ground pool pump is usually placed below the water line of the pool (lower than the pool’s bottom). When purchasing a replacement of pool pump for an above ground pool, make sure that what you are buying is classified as “for above ground pools” and not for “in-ground pools”.
Step 3: Years ago and still true today for some brands, above ground pools are usually equipped with single speed pumps running only at one speed at any given time. Advancement in technology and pool owners’ clamor for more environmentally friendly and energy saving pumps, Intex began to innovate.
Over the years, Intex had designed their products with variable-speed motors. Variable-speed pumps allow for much-sophisticated operations. Variable speed pumps usually have a low, medium and high-speed operation.
These speeds are used for more sophisticated operations such as backwashing, vacuuming, rinsing, regenerating, recirculation and other functions. These operations produced clearer, cleaner and more sanitized pool water. Variable speed pumps also offer more energy-saving features than single speed pumps.
Step 4: Know which replacement parts you must always have in stock (like O-rings, gaskets, lubricant, etc.). Intex products have also filtering systems that vary from the simplest to the most sophisticated, such as fine mesh cartridges, the old reliable sand, and others.The availability of parts is also Intex’s brand of service. Replacement parts are readily available upon order.
Summary: The Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 1500 GPH is affordable, movable and a very stable above ground pool pump. It is also low in maintenance and certainly great for winterization because of its double insulation construction. This little “guy” is just perfect for new pool owners.
Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 2450 GPH System Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI
The Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter, 2450 GPH is by far the best intex pool pump on the market today. This pool pump combines quality with an affordable price tag. And more than 3000 pool owners have given it a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5.
This sand filter pool pump is ideal for above ground swimming pools having an average system flow rate of 2,450 GPH (41GPM). The pump’s actual flow rate is up to 3,000 GPH, though.
This 110-120V rated voltage pump has a safety feature such as the GCFI (Ground Circuit Fault Interrupter). This type of circuit breaker will cut off the flow of current to the system when it senses abnormality, avoiding untoward incidents.
Sand, on the other hand, is touted to make filtration much effective than any other medium. The sand does not only softens and refresh your pool water but also clears the water of algae and makes it replenished and sanitized. The pump has a set of 6 modes of controls, such as backwashing, rinsing, and filtering. Then it recirculates, drains and lastly, close the system. These operations are automatic and in that order. The motor is a powerful 0.95hp.
- Keep your above ground pool water clean, soft, and refreshing with the Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump by Intex. The all-natural sand provides excellent water filtration as the 6-function control valve allows the pool owner to filter, backwash and rinse, recirculate, drain and close the system
- The built in 24-hour timer adds to the hassle-free experience with maintaining a cleaner pool. The strainer basket provides easy-cleaning, and prolongs the life of the sand
- The Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump generates a pump flow rate of 3,000 gallons per hour, ideal for above ground pools 16′ and above. This pump requires virtually no maintenance except replacement of sand every 5 years; Minimum pool size (water capacity): 5,500 gal (20.8m3); Maximum pool size (water capacity): 19,600 gal (74.2m3)
- Pump Flow Rate: 3,000 gph (11.3 m3/hr). System Flow Rate: 2,450 gph (9.2 m3/hr)
- Includes: 6-way Valve. Pressure Gauge. Heavy Duty Tank. Strainer Basket. Built-in Timer
- Pump motor HP: 0.75, operates at 75% efficiency. Pool pump motor capacity: 0.59 HP. Name plate HP: 0.54
• With 24-hour timer: The system has an automatic 24-hour timer so that owners may set the period of the pump’s operation.
• Low maintenance: The pump system requires only replacement of sand every 5 years or as needed, unlike any other filtering medium.
• Versatile and universal use: This model could be used for pools with a minimum 16-feet diameter.
• Heavier pump: Unfortunately, this pump is much heavier than conventional pump because of the sand’s weight.
The Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump is truly amazing and quite great as a pool pump where it has low maintenance, high-quality performance and really reliable. The safety feature is also worth every investment.
Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 2500 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI
This powerful, 110-120V rated voltage above ground pool pump is made up of a very reliable cartridge filter that has minimum of maintenance. The cartridge could be replaced every 2 weeks with a new one (but if not damaged, just clean it and use again). The type B filter cartridge is the only part on this 2,500 GPH (42 GPM) flow rate pump that should be maintained occasionally.
This pump is easy to use, reliable, and also very easy to clean as it has a valve at the bottom of the filter chamber to flush out debris. The chamber has also an automatic release valve that flushes out trapped air, this avoids
overpressure on the container. The pump set is also lightweight (less than 23lbs.) so you can move or transfer its location with ease.
- Easy to use – simply replace the old cartridge with a new one every two weeks
- Double insulated pump
- Air release valve for air trapped inside filter chamber
- Sediment flush falve at bottom of filter chamber. Minimum pool size (water capacity)- 4,000 gal (15.1m3). Maximum pool size (water capacity)- 15,200 gal (57.5m3)
- Works with 15-feet Easy Set, 15-feet Metal Frame, or 18-feet by 10-feet Oval Frame pools
• A Universal Pump: The pump could be used in any Intex above ground pool pump under 25 feet of diameter.
• Equipped with GCFI: This pump has Ground Circuit Fault Interrupter (GCFI), a fast-acting circuit breaker that shut off the electrical supply whenever there is an abnormality in the flow of current to avoid electrocution. A very reliable safety device.
• Limited use: Unfortunately, the pump can’t be used for swimming pools with non-metal frame.
The Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump is truly remarkable and affordable. Its easy to use, low maintenance make it a perfect choice for your above ground pool pump. This pool pump is also one of the safest ones to use.
Intex 28681EG 120V 16-Inch Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System with GFCI
The Intex Sand Filter & Saltwater System is a 120V pool pump having a 16-inch diameter tank that can hold a
maximum 100lb of sand. It also has a saltwater system that adds up to clearer, clean and sparklingly whitewater.
The saltwater system has a flow rate of 2,200 GPH (36.6 GPM) while the sand filter pump could deliver or sucks water at the rate of 2,650 GPH (44 GPM). As a safety feature, its circuit breaker is “armed” with GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) that stop the flow of current to the system in case of emergencies.
- Designed for use with above ground pools from 4,800 to 15,000 gallon capacity
- 110-120V with GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter)
- 16 and No.34; Tank diameter; 0.75 hp motor; Pump flow rate 2650 gph. System flow rate 2150 gph
- Chlorine output: 11 g/hr. 2 pieces of 1.5 and no.34; (38Mm) hoses
- 2-Year warranty. Digital timer automatically turns pump on and off each day and can be set to run for up to 12 hours
• Salt replaces chlorine: Using salt for water treatment sanitizes the water thoroughly like chlorinated water but with no bad effect for the human body and saltwater system is much cheaper and easy to operate. Chlorinated water is sometimes not favorable to some people.
• Saltwater treatment is ideal for piping: Water treated with salt softens the water that is not only harmless to the human body but is also not corrosive to metal piping, unlike chlorinated water. Hence, the piping system is not comprised and can last longer.
• Limited use: This product can only be used for pools with up to 15,000 gallons of water capacity.
The cost of the Intex 28681EG 120V 16-Inch Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System may be intimidating at first but its prolonged use is more economical and with much safer pool water. The safety feature and the ease of use also add up to its cost-effectiveness
Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 1500 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI
This 1500 GPH (25 GPM), rated at 110-120V and cartridge filtered pool pump is great for above ground pools. The flow rate might be slow, but it is designed for that purpose, slow but powerful filtering.
The pump has an auto timer up to 12-hour operation. The cartridge is replaceable every 2 weeks (Type A/C) and the only part that needs occasional maintenance. The pump is slim in construction and virtually energy and space savers.
- Specially designed for above ground pools. For use with Intex Easy Set pool models 18’, Frame pool models 16’ or 18’, Oval Frame pool models 20’ X 12’.
- Easy installation – just attach hoses via 1.5″ hose fittings and plug in (Partial assembly required).
- System flow rate: 1,180 gph (2,839 lph). Pump flow rate: 1,500 gph (3,785 lph)
- Double insulated pump. Auto timer with preset 2 to 12 hour cycles.
- Includes one easy to clean, replaceable filter cartridge. For best results, replace filter cartridge every 2 weeks. Replacement cartridge: Type A/C.
• Quiet operation: The pump’s impeller and motor bearings are perfectly lubricated and do not dry up easily that’s why the pump runs smoothly and quietly.
• With double insulation: This pump is quite good especially in cold weather because the water will not freeze inside the chamber as it has double insulation to keep the water warmer when not in operation.
• Not for quick operation: This type of pump is not intended for speedy and quick operation,but its main purpose is to clean and filter pool water thoroughly.
We hope The 4 Best Intex Pool Pumps Review Guide of 2020 has helped you in your buying decisions. Our favorite is the Intex 28681EG 120V 16-Inch Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System with GFCI. Because this one has all-natural filtering and water treatment system all-in-one. No need for other chemicals such as chlorine to make the water truly pristine.