How To Keep Bees Away From Pool Review Guide For 2020-2021 – Summer season is pool season. And these days are the best time to do pool parties and cookouts with your family and friends. But there are times that an uninvited visitor may come in and crash your party, and we’re not talking about your annoying neighbor, we’re talking about those cute little buzzing bees.
First, we want to emphasize that this guide on how to keep bees away from the pool will not cause any serious harm to these hardworking creatures. After a long day of work, who does not want a refreshing body of water to hang out on, right? Anyway, your pool is more of a bottle of water to them to rehydrate than anything else. Knowing this, what are the things you can do to keep bees away from your swimming pool? To find out how keep reading our How To Keep Bees Away From Pool Review Guide For 2020-2021.
Best Ways On How To Keep Bees Away From Pool
There are several ways you can do to keep these insects away from your pool for good without the need to exterminate or kill them.
Build another water source for them. Whenever bees come to your pool, all they want to do is to cool down and have a sip after a long day’s work. They do not come to your pool area to find you and sting you. Sure, there are some cases where a bee does exactly that but that’s rare and can be prevented by installing a fountain or birdbath in your yard.
VIVOHOME Polyresin Antique Outdoor Copper Garden Bird Bath and Solar Powered Round Pond Fountain Combo Set
Give them an alternative water source and these bees should leave your pool alone.
Tip: If you have a bee problem the previous pool season, it might be best to install your new fountain or birdbath a month or two ahead before you set up your swimming pool. This way they already have an established source of water to go to and should not bother you when your pool is up and running.
Avoid flowery fragrances
You can prevent bees from invading your pool area by not wearing sweet and flower-smelling perfumes. The same rule applies to your hairspray, cologne, and sunscreen.
VIVOHOME Outdoor Garden Bird Bath Copper with Fountain Pump is A Gorgeous Addition To Your Garden & Yard. Invite birds to play in your backyard with the VIVOHOME Bird Bath. This antique-style sculpture will look good in your yard alone or among other pieces. It’s perfect for pairing with a bird feeder to coax songbirds outside your window during any season. After the easy four-piece set up and adding some water, your new birdbath is good to go. It’s also very light, so it’s easy to move around your yard or garden to find the most picture-perfect spot for you and your neighborhood birds’ enjoyment.
- A classic and picturesque garden ornament, small reflecting pool, or outdoor sculpture
- Vintage old-age look; decorative design throughout, reminiscent of old European sculpture
- Made of weatherproof and long lasting polyresin with faded copper look (copper turns green with age, like the Statue of Liberty!)
- Sturdy base comes with stakes to fasten down to ground; durable polyresin can withstand falls and tough handling, will last for many years
- Light yet strong for easy movement around your property; will look gorgeous in small or large outdoor areas; short assembly (3 minutes)
- COMBO SET – Package include 1 garden bird bath and 1 solar powered water fountain pump
- DURABLE MATERIAL – The bird bath is made of weather resistant polyresin with a beautiful design and finish, tough and durable for many years use
- LIGHTWEIGH DESIGN – The bird bath is very lightweight, so you can move this bath to the perfect spot effortlessly. A gorgeous addition to any yard or garden
- SOLAR POWERED FOUNTAIN – Solar powered and environmentally friendly, taking energy directly from sun to propel water into the air
- MULTIPLE WATER PATTERNS – Multiple fountain heads for different water patterns; easy assembly and exchanging of heads. Please kindly ensure sufficient water supply in smaller water features, especially on sunny days
Australian Gold Australian gold little joey continuous spray
We advise using an unscented sunscreen whenever you use your pool so you won’t attract unwanted attention from bees and other insects.
Avoid bright colors
If you have an ongoing bee problem in your swimming pool, then you should not wear any bright colored bathing suit or clothing. You should also refrain from using bright colored towels. Unlike humans, bees cannot distinguish right away if they’re touching a nice-smelling flower or your beautiful yellow shirt.
Add repelling scents
One of the best ways on how to keep bees away from the pool is by using scents that are unpleasant to them but not to us.
- Australian Naturals: Vitamin C rich Cacadu Plum is known to promote collagen production while helping protect from free radicals. Tea tree oil, a powerful antioxidant, contains natural odor fighting properties to leave skin fresh.
- Sensitive protection: pediatrician tested, hypoallergenic and fragrance free for sensitive skin and noses
- Aloe Vera: provides natural soothing and conditioning to skin
- Specially formulated: designed to be oxybenzone Free, PABA Free, Phthalate Free & Gluten free. No CFCs. Broad spectrum. Water resistant (80 minutes). Vegan, Cruelty Free and never tested on animals.
- Fragrance free
- Ingredients: antioxidants
Plant Therapy 7 & 7 Essential Oilss Set 7 Single Oils
There are more than a handful of fragrances and essential oils that you can use to repel bees from your outdoor living space without the need to call an exterminator. These include spearmint, thyme, eucalyptus, peppermint, lemon, lime, olive oil, citronella oil, lavender oil, and even vegetable oil.
- OUR MOST POPULAR ESSENTIAL OIL SET: 7 & 7 includes seven of our top single oils and seven of our powerful synergy blends. Great for people new to essential oils or anyone looking to restock. They can help with relaxation, focus, tension and sleep. Create massage blends and skin healing topicals too!
- EASY, AFFORDABLE WAY TO FIND YOUR FAVORITE: Here’s what’s included: Lavender, Tea Tree, Sweet Orange, Peppermint, Lemon, Cinnamon and Eucalyptus single oils. Synergy Blends include: Germ Fighter, Immune Aid, Tranquil, Invigor Aid, Sensual, Relax and Energy.
- BATCH SPECIFIC GC-MS REPORTS ON EVERY OIL: Every bottle of oil from Plant Therapy goes through multiple rounds of testing including organoleptic testing by Robert Tisserand, an essential oil expert, and multiple rounds of GC-MS testing by several third-party laboratories.
- HIGH-QUALITY AFFORDABLE ESSENTIAL OILS: At Plant Therapy our goal is to positively impact the lives of as many people as we possibly can, by selling such a high quality product at an affordable price. Be confident knowing you are purchasing quality oils at direct-to-consumer prices.
- CERTIFIED AROMATHERAPISTS ON STAFF: Our customers are our #1 priority and we’d love for you to join the Plant Therapy Family. Our Certified Aromatherapists are happy to help you with all of your Essential Oil questions. We want you to be confident and satisfied with your purchase.
If you have the option to get these plants around your pool area, then that could be a better solution to keep bees away from your swimming pool. You can add mint or lemongrass plants near your pool to repel them, then you can enjoy your pool without worrying about getting stung by a bee.
Move their nest’s:
If dozens of bees come to flock your pool often, then this is a good indication that they have been living nearby. You can look for their nest’s location in your property and call your local beekeeper and ask them to move it away from your pool area.
Or you can call an exterminator and tell them you need help moving a bee’s nest. Be clear in saying this and that you do not want them spraying harmful chemicals in your yard where you and your family stay and enjoy your free time.
Add and use pool jets:
Pool jets can be very effective in repelling bees out of your pool. And it also adds a little bit of fun to your pool area. Turning on your pool jets will make ripples on the surface of your pool water and may prevent them from landing.
Mothballs are known for their unpleasant odor and can be an effective way to keep bees away from your pool. You can put mothballs in a decorative cloth bag or pantyhose and hang it near your pool. This should stop bees and other insects from ruining your pool party. If you hated the smell of mothballs, try out these lavender-scented ones from Enoz.
Enoz Moth-Tek Packets Lavender Scent
Our Final Thoughts On Keeping Bees Away From Your Pool:
Implementing those steps on how to keep bees away from the pool isn’t that difficult and should be effective in safeguarding your family from unwanted bee attention. The earlier you figure out the best way to keep bees away, the sooner you can get back to enjoying your swimming pool worry-free. With that said we hope you found this How To Keep Bees Away From Pool Review Guide For 2020-2021 helpful.