Best Vacuum For Intex Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best Vacuum For Intex Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Find the best vacuum for Intex above ground pool can be a tall order if you have never used these cleaners before or you don’t know what you want. If you are looking for a model that you can use to vacuum your facility, I want to make that process easier by giving you a review of the top nine products out there.
Keep in mind that these vacuums can be used to clean other brands of above ground pools as well. To see our picks keep reading our Best Vacuum For Intex Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Intex Auto Pool Cleaner
Intex Auto Pool Cleaner is a vacuum that can clean your Intex pool, and it offers between 1,600 to 3,500 GPH. It is a model that you can easily attach to your pool’s inlet connector of up to 24’7” hose.
Another thing you should note about this model is that you should use it for Intex above ground pools with 1.5 inches hose fittings. The model comes with a manual that you can follow when installing it to ensure that you set it up correctly and remove all air pockets.
One thing that makes it an excellent vacuum is the ability to accept various replacement parts from the market. It is a model that can last for years to provide you with value for your money.
- Requires a filter pump with a flow rate between 1,600 – 3,500gph
- Attaches to the inlet connector in the pool with a 24’7″ hose
- For Intex above ground pools with 1-1/2″ hose fittings
- Not suitable for in-ground pools
- Ensure the cleaner is set up properly and all air pockets are removed from the cleaner hose to have maximum performance. Please refer to user manual before use
- Replacement parts are available for purchase through the Amazon Online Return Center. For missing, defective, or damaged parts, please utilize the Return Center to obtain a replacement product.
- Easy to set up the cleaner
- Comes with installation manual
- Lasts for a long time
- Not for an inground pool
Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum
The next model on my list is a handheld device that uses batteries to provide the cleaning power you want. It comes with powerful, built-in Ni-MH batteries that allow you to enjoy the powerful cleaning suction you have always wanted for your swimming pool.
You can use this cleaner with a PureSpas and an above ground swimming pool of about 18 feet diameter. One feature that makes it useful is the two interchangeable brush heads that let you choose the one that suits your cleaning needs.
There is also a USB cable that comes in handy when recharging the battery, and it is 100% waterproof to allow you to submerge it without any fear. Another great feature is the automatic shutoff that saves the power when the cleaner is not under the water.
- Strong, built-in Ni-MH rechargeable batteries for powerful suction capability
- Suitable for use with all PureSpas and above ground pools up to 18′ diameter
- Includes two interchangeable brush heads, USB cable for recharging, 94″ lightweight telesoping aluminum shaft, & shaft adapter to fit longer/wider telescoping aluminum shaft
- Automatic shutoff feature when vacuum is not submerged in water, IPX8 waterproof switch for added protection against water submersion
- Keep pool water clean by vacuuming out dirt and debris
- Must be submerged to operate properly.
- Vacuums debris and dirt
- Able to resist water
- Has rechargeable batteries
- Need to be submerged to work properly
Aquabot AJET122 Pool Rover S2-50 Robotic Pool Cleaner
Aquabot is another brand that produces pool cleaners that you can use to clean your above ground pool by Intex. It is a robotic unit that allows you to leave it in your as it cleans, giving you time to engage in other activates.
It can work for all pool surfaces and shapes and can handle a pool of up to 50 feet. Besides, it is a versatile device that you can use for your above ground pool or a small inground facility.
One feature that I find to be effective is the two brushes that help to remove debris and dirt for effective and deep cleaning. There is also a filter basket that helps to contain fine trash when cleaning the pool.
- Robotic pool cleaner designed for all pool shapes and surfaces up to 50-feet; Ideal for above-ground or small in-ground pools
- Features two brushes to agitate dirt and debris for a deeper clean, 1 filter basket for fine dirt and debris
- Cleans pool floor, cove and partial wall with radius (minimum 6″)
- Top access to filter media; filters 80-85 gallons per minute
- Includes 50-foot kink free, EZ swivel cable. Improved tread that allows better traction
- Top access filter media
- 50 feet king free swivel cable
- Enhance treads for climbing
- Filters only 80 gallons per minutes
Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale Suction Above-Ground Pool Cleaner
Hayward 900 Wanda comes with a unique gearing system that offers constant balanced water flow to ensure quiet operation. The feature also comes in handy to ensure that the vacuum cleaner moves gently across your Intex pool while at the bottom to provide effective cleaning.
Another feature that I love of this model is the latest, contoured head design that makes it possible to steer around in a constant pattern. You can have the confidence knowing that the unit will clean your swimming pool within the shortest time possible.
The other thing you should note is that it takes less than 10 minutes to install the vacuum cleaner and you don’t need any tool to do that. There is a deluxe bumper ring on the vacuum that helps to minimize friction to allow smooth movement on the walls.
- Unique turbine/gearing system provides constant balanced water flow assuring quiet operation and gentle movement across the pool bottom
- Advanced, contoured head design allows the steering pattern to be completed in minimal time
- Installs in less than 10 minutes, without tools
- Deluxe bumper ring minimizes friction for easy movement away from walls and resumption of the programmed steering pattern
- 1 year warranty
- 12 months warranty
- Easy to program the steering pattern
- Able to minimize friction
- Requires assembling
XtremePowerUS Automatic Suction Vacuum-Generic Climb Wall Pool Cleaner 75037 – Amazon’s Best Seller
XtremePowerUS is another brand that helps to create vacuums that you can use to clean an Intex above ground pool. The package comes with up to 10 hoses that allow you to reach up to 30 feet when cleaning your swimming pool.
Another thing that I find to be interesting with this pool cleaner is the ability to clean walls and the surface of your swimming pool. It requires a 1HP pool pump to function effectively and comes with a 12 months warranty for all the parts.
You might also consider choosing this vacuum cleaner if you want a device that you can install without using any tool. It is also a fast model that moves around the pool with a speed of about 12 feet per minute.
- 10 hoses included for up to 30′ pool. Ideal for cleaning bottom surface and wall; does not clean stairs
- Require at least a 3/4 hp swimming pool pump or 1600 GHP to function properly.
- No tools required and no electricity needed; Attaches to your existing filtration system
- 1 Year Warranty for Parts Replacement (For order purchased from Amazon.com Prime and Ihubdeal ONLY )
- Cleaner should be moving about the pool at a rate of 8 to 12 feet per minute. Note : Refer to PDF attached below in Technical Specification for User manual
- Comes with up to 10 hoses
- Comes with a comprehensive user manual
- Cleans walls and floors pools
- Not for cleaning stairs
Intex 3000 GPH Above Ground Pool Sand Filter Pump and Intex Automatic Vacuum
Intex 3000 GPH is a model that was designed to use the Intex 3000 GPH Krystal Clear Above Ground Pool Filter. It provides up to six function controls that allow you to maintain the filter pump with settings for drain, rinse, backwash, recirculate, standard filtering, and close system.
The system requires between 110-120 volts of power and can filter up to 3K gallons of water per 60 minutes. It is highly recommended for an above-ground facility with about 16 feet diameter or 5k gallons of water.
One feature that makes it a must-have model is the quality construction that ensures you get a cleaner that can last for years. It is a system that can give you value for your money and continues to clean your pool for years.
- Pool Sand Filter
- 6 function control enables you to easily maintain this filter pump system with settings for normal filtering, backwash, rinse, recirculate, drain, and close system
- 110-120 volt
- Filters up to 3,000 gallons of water per hour
- Best suited for above ground pools with a 16-foot or larger diameter and a water capacity of 5,000 gallons or more
- Comes from a reputable brand
- Easy to use
- Quite efficient in vacuuming
- Slightly expensive
Dolphin Escape Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner
Dolphin Escape has a sleek design that makes it the right vacuum for an above-ground swimming pool and is quite affordable. One feature I love of this model is the absence of a bag that can mess things when you are emptying the trash.
Instead, it comes with a large cartridge that can hold 60% more dirt compared to the standard bag. Another feature of this unit is the Hypergrrip continuous tracks that improve the traction of the vacuum cleaner.
It also comes with hyperbrush active scrubbing brush that scrubs away tough messes without much hassle or power. Another feature of this cleaner is the SmartNav 2.0 Robotic Scanning that helps to map the cleaning path for effective cleaning.
- Product Details:
- Delivers unmatched performance in an above-ground cleaner at an unthinkable cost.
- No messy bags! Large and in charge oversized debris cartridge holds up to 60% more debris
- Hypergrip Continuous Tracks – leaves wheels cleaners in its wake!
- Hyperbrush Dual Scrubbing Brushes scrubs away difficult to remove contaminants.
- SmartNav 2.0 Robotic Scanning. Only 14 lbs. Energy Efficient 24 Volt DC motors. One year warranty.
- Weighs only 14 pounds
- Energy-efficient model
- Has a 12 months warranty
- Hard to set the cleaning schedule
Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Li Pool & Spa Cleaner
Water Tech Pool Blaster is a convenient model that is powered by a lithium-ion battery that gives it extend cleaning time. It also comes with an easy push-button that you can use to turn it on or off without any hassle.
The package comes with a reusable x-treme multilayer filter that helps to collect fine and large debris from your swimming pool. You can use the model for up to 60 minutes without needing to recharge it, giving you enough time to clean your swimming pool.
And the best part is that you can use it for all spa and pools, including the Intex ultra frame pool and Intex easy set pool. It is a cleaner that helps to make your pool look new and is quite affordable – it provides value for the money.
- INCREASED POWER: The Max offers increased vacuum suction with the Water Tech P30 Motor design engineered for quick & efficient debris pick-up.
- WHOLE POOL CLEANER: Clean entire pool or Spot-Clean in seconds. Includes a removeable 10.5” vacuum head for general cleaning or simple remove to expose nose cone head for hard to get areas. Ideal for In-Ground pools and Above Ground Pools like Intex
- CAPTURE MORE DIRT: The Max features a large debris capture chamber and strong suction for a variety of cleaning; acorns, twigs, leaves dirt and sand.
- CORDLESS CLEANING: Perfect for quick and easy cleaning in the Swimming pool and Hot Tub or Spa. No hoses or cords needed.
- MORE RUN TIME: The lithium ion battery powered Max is designed to run up to 1 hour. Push-Button operation. Attaches to any standard telescopic pool pole. (telescopic pool pole not included)
- Convenience to use
- Provides up to 60 minutes of operation
- Removes even the toughest of messes
- Needs to be recharged after 60 minutes
Pentair 360100 Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark Above Ground Pool Cleaner
Pentair 360100 Kreepy Krauly model comes with dual-band of bristles that help to scrub debris while providing dominant vacuuming power. The two features combine to ensure that all the dirt is collected within minutes to make your pool ready for swimming.
You can easily program the device to provide better coverage that cannot be achieved by most vacuum cleaners on the market today. It is a model that gives you peace of mind and ensures that nothing is left behind after a cleaning session.
What I found to be more interesting is the ability of the cleaner to clean up to 10 inches at a go and clean thoroughly. It also comes with a simple design that ensures less parts are moving.
- Dual Band Of Bristles Scrub Debris Loose While Powerful Vacuum Whisks It Away
- Programmed Cleaning Provides More Complete Coverage Without The Missed Spots Other Cleaners Often Leave Behind
- Cuts A Wide 10″ Path For Quick And Thorough Cleaning
- Simple Design Features One Moving Part For Long Dependable Life
- No Assembly Required Just Hook ‘Lil Shark Cleaner to The Hose And Go
- No assembly required
- Minimal moving parts for durability
- Covers every corner of your pool
- None at this time
Best Vacuum For Intex Above Ground Pool Buyers Guide For 2022-2023
WHAT TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING A VACUUM CLEANER FOR INTEX POOL
Things to ConsiderBefore you think about purchasing that fancy $300 hybrid vacuum cleaner, we have a few things to remind you. You want to make sure you invested, not dumped, your money in something that will do the tedious work efficiently for a really long time.
Make sure it’s recommended for Intex above-ground pools cleaning. This is important because the company will only abide to their warranty instructions if you had used the equipment according to what they told you. Unless you are 100% sure that you know what you are doing and won’t have any problem with the company not sending you a replacement, don’t use a vacuum cleaner that is not meant for cleaning Intex above-ground pools.
Check the annual maintenance price of the equipment. Even hybrid models that are self-sustaining may require replacements on the filter or other parts. Several autos require additional filtered pump to work and the price of the complete set can cheap or not depending on the pressure and filter of the pump.
Coves, walls and liners – several robot vacuum cleaners find it hard to navigate on especially the sidelines of the pools. Check to make sure your vacuum cleaner can handle that transition from the floor to the wall and if it’s meant for that. If it’s not, you’ll have to manually scrub the walls of your pool regularly.
Is your pool full of debris, have not been used for years and is covered in algae? No vacuum cleaner can clean an above-ground pool that is thickly covered in living algae that persistently glues itself to the walls and floors of the pool. Make sure that you kill the algae to make it easier for the vacuum cleaner to pick up the aftermath.
For handheld types, double check the maximum length of the vacuum cleaner – you won’t be able to clean your pool properly from the outside if your vacuum cleaner is not long enough. Telescopic handheld vacuum cleaner like the one we recommend is preferred because the length won’t be in the way when you are cleaning an area closer to you.
Anti-tangling feature is an important one for pool cleaners and most products come with a swivel to tackle this. It’s because the hose can be big enough and while it stays afloat, does not bend well and can pull the pool cleaner backward, preventing it from going further when the hose is supposed to be long enough.
Q: How to Hook Up Vacuum for Intex Above Ground Pool?
A: Follow these steps:
- Turn off your pool’s filter pump
- Unscrew the nozzle from the return connector when inside the pool
- Screw the part of the hose with the adaptor to the threaded strainer connector when inside the pool
- Connect the other sections of the hose
Q: What Size Vacuum Hose for Intex Pool?
A: Intex vacuum hoses measure 1.5” diameter and 25’ in length. They come with hose cuffs that let you separate the hoses when shortening or connecting them to add length.
Q: How to Make a Vacuum for Intex Pool?
A: You will need a vacuum bag, garden hose, and a telescoping handle. Now follow these steps:
- Connect the container to the right valve of your garden hose vacuum body
- Remove the telescoping handle from the leaf skimmer
- Insert the handle to the garden hose
- Use the telescoping handle to move the vacuum in your swimming pool
Q: How to Use Vacuum for Intex Pool?
A: Here is how you can use your vacuum for Intex pool:
- Connect the vacuum head to the end of your telescopic pole. It will allow you to move the device around the base of your swimming pool.
- Connect one end of your vacuum hose to the head you connected to the pole.
- Hold the pole with your hand and lower the system into your swimming pool.
- Ensure that one end of the hose is left on the ground.
- Located the filter skimmer.
- Connect the other end of the hose to the water intake nozzle.
- Switch the nozzle to intake mode and move the vacuum head along the floor using the pole.
- Disconnect the system when you are done.
TIPS FOR OWNERS OF ABOVE-GROUND INTEX POOL VACUUM CLEANERS
Tips you can do to maintainHow do you make sure that your vacuum cleaner doesn’t bust in just a few weeks? How do you know if you are being efficient and effective with your pool cleaner?
- Check the manuals and instructions that come with the unit. This is something that we can’t stress enough in everything we suggest. For maximum result and performance (as well as easier claiming process), by following the instructions, you will be eligible for the warranty should anything happen to the unit.
- Empty the cartridge regularly so your vacuum cleaner with maximum efficiency and prevent going over the same area repetitively.
- Check the health of your cleaning equipment and the pool’s pump at least monthly. Make sure that the hose and pump are not leaking, the pool has no algae sticking in the bottom, etc. You should also keep the manual of your vacuum cleaner to know how to disassemble the unit when you need to fix it on your own.
- For automatic vacuum, cleaner users clean the pool as often as possible. The usual standard is once a week and since you don’t actually do anything, it’ll be easy to just drop the pool cleaner into the water and go on with your activity until it’s finished. You can reduce the use of chemicals to clean the pool and that also means a safer environment for kids and you to swim and play in.
- Do not stir up the water and let everything cool down. If you plan to vacuum or run your pool cleaner, have it done when the water is calm because dirt and debris would have settled down. There is only 1% of a contaminant that remains suspended in the water. If you let everything settles down, your pool cleaner will be able to filter them.
- Don’t use it for in-ground pool cleaning if it’s not recommended for. Although several models are not recommended for in-ground pools under the reason that they are not capable enough, you might not be using it the way it’s supposed to be if you don’t heed the warning.
BENEFITS OF OWNING A VACUUM CLEANER FOR YOUR INTEX POOL:
Benefits of Owning a Vacuum Cleaner for Your Intex PoolAnyone who owns a pool realizes that pool maintenance is quite the work. Not everyone has the time to clean it every week, yet, we can’t let ourselves missing a few weeks of swimming as the pool gets dirty. That is why he highly recommend that people get themselves a vacuum cleaner for their above-ground Intex pool, especially if you have kids in your family.
The hybrid vacuum cleaner does the job for you. All you need to do is to attach them to an inlet and let the vacuum cleaner run on its own. The only time you need to be involved is when you take them out after an hour, clean the cartridge after the clean and charging the vacuum cleaner. This saves much more time than a manual vacuum cleaner.
Manual vacuum cleaner, on the other hand, allows owners to do a more thorough cleaning and picks up persistent debris and algae better. Intex handheld manual vacuum cleaner is waterproof and runs on batteries for up to 50 minutes. You can press the vacuum cleaner for more intense cleaning and they also come in different types of brushes for different types of cleaning on different surfaces.
Saves long-term maintenance fee. Hiring a professional company to drain and clean your pool is not cheap nor is it quick. Professionals also charge you hourly and the algae, debris, dirt, and everything will only pile up again in the future. Meanwhile, hybrid vacuum cleaner or using manual ones still get the dirt out and reduces the frequency necessary to get a professional to clean the pool up.
And if you maintain your pool regularly, you won’t even have to spend the dollars on hiring a professional at all! Reduces the need for chemicals because who likes swimming in green water that is potentially full of bacteria? Regular cleaning will prevent sediments and algae from forming in the bottom and walls of your pool. Hybrid models do come with the capability to tread the wall and clean them as well.
I have given you a comprehensive review of the best vacuum for Intex above ground pool and shown you how to choose the best model. Now you can make an informed decision when buying your vacuum cleaner. Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Vacuum For Intex Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Vinyl Works Above Ground Swimming Pool Resin Deck Kit
- Best Pool Slide For Your Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Summer Waves vs Intex Pools Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Pool Safety For Kids Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Above Ground Pool Heaters Everything You Need To Know Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Can Dogs Go In A Pool? Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Pool Umbrella Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Top Swimming Pool Fountain Review Guide For 2022-2023
- 2020 Top Rated Above Ground Pools
- Hot Tubs and Spas
- Above Ground Pools With Decks
- Top 4 Best Pool Heater Reviews
- Above Ground and In-Ground Pool Liners