Best Triathlon Swim Skins Review Guide For 2023
Best Triathlon Swim Skins Review Guide For 2023 – Best triathlon swim skins are one of the numerous needs in the mind of triathletes or anyone that needs additional comfort, support, and freedom when planning to take down the tides during vacation. A quick search on google will hand you many options but if you are willing to take the chance, you will be satisfied when you have digested what this page prepared for you.
Triathlon itself found its way into the sports world in the early 20th century in France and became popular around 1975 and from then, it remained a very attractive recreational with championship status in the Olympic and other mainstream tournaments. Different swimwears have been in demand and swimskins are recommended among triathletes.
Though swimskins are relatively new in the world of triathlon, they are loved for their thin-feel and snug fit suitable for swim legs and they are designed to improve speed inside the water. For competitions, swimskins will help keep your bodyline especially as a newbie in the sports. It can help beginners defeat the tempting wiggle and snake strides that beginner swimmers are synonymous with.
For triathletes, your chance of sustaining maximum buoyancy and chasing the attractive speed in any competition is when your body has one of the best triathlons on, not forgetting a good swim watch to make it perfect . Most important is the fatigue hindrance it enables if you ever fear the chances of getting exhausted while swimming you have the right to discard such phobia. Because swimskins will never let you down. For more info keep reading our Best Triathlon Swim Skins Review Guide For 2023.
HUUB Design Men’s Triathlon Swimskin
HUUB men’s triathlon swimskin promises maximum performance with its Italian fabric superior design that discourages chafe, a design that fixes the body frame to minimize drag and friction. Its polyamide micro and elastane ensures a stretchy, smooth and costume fit, with its swim panels strategically fixed to support the spine and the X-O skeleton form of the wear.
For buoyancy, this USAT and FINA approved swimskin evenly spreads the body to alter the buoyancy concentration at the center for a better and comfortable experience. The material of the swimskin are also helpful in resisting water and friction. it also comes with a zipper system.
- 71% polyamide micro 29% elastane knitted
- Hand Wash
- Ideal swim skin for non-wetsuit triathlons and long distance swims; constructed of fine Italian fabric
- Compresses body shape to reduce frontal drag; smooth profile reduces friction in the water
- Carefully placed panels replicate the spine and support structure of HUUB’s X-O Skeleton
- Re-distributes body mass to change center of buoyancy
- Refer to sizing chart for proper fit
- It discourages drag and chafe
- It gives a smooth and comfort fit
- It comes with strategically swim panels for the X-O skeleton design of the swimskin
- It resists water and helps in smooth transition
- It comes with a zipper system
- The zipper may give a little difficulty in using
- It may grow small and give a tight fit
One of the best you can have in a swimskin when you need good transition, comfort and flexibility with just a couple of shortcomings, you can double-check for your right size and still get home a satisfied buyer.
ROKA Men’s Viper Elite Swimskin for Triathlon
Having the best of Italian knit material to give exceptional compression and boost triathletes speed while the hydrophobic Teflon surface coating of the suit repels water, so that swimmers can have liberty and a satisfying performance every time. The thermo-bond along with the taped sleeves is made to discourage chafing and drag.
For ease of entrance and removal, the premium YKK zipper system with ultralight lanyard forms the closure of the swimskin. More comfort is made possible with its open leg design too. For Roka Men’s viper elite swimskin, aligning the body with gentle firmness to every stroke is part of the concerns of this product and it is also USAT approved so, you are free to attend the next tournament.
- Made of a premium Italian knit textile
- Hydrophobic Teflon coating that repels water and reduces drag and water absorption
- “No Sew” thermo bonded and taped construction to reduce drag, weight, and chafing compared to traditional sewing methods; folded and bonded neck, arm, and leg openings help reduce chafing, discomfort, and “sausage leg”
- YKK #3 Zipper with ultralight lanyard for easy removal exiting the swim
- Approved for USAT and WTC (IRONMAN) sanctioned events
- It is made with the best Italian knitted fabrics
- It has bonded sleeves for reduced drag
- It comes with the YKK zipper system for ease of wear and removal
- It is USAT approved
- It resists water and chafe
The zipper panel may act a little difficult requiring an assistance sometimes
Another unique brand with excellent features that every triathlete will love to have his/her body wrapped inside it and its affordability makes it even more lovable.
TYR Men’s Torque Lite Triathlon Swimskin
TYR men’s torque lite triathlon swimskin is all concern about comfort and speed inside the water. Its nylon and spandex promises so much compression, warmth and comfort as it stretches firmly around your body giving you a custom-fit always. It also encourages durability and flexibility, making sure you fulfill your swimming needs without burning your wallet all thanks to its affordability.
For an unhindered water aerobics, the wear comes with a coil zippered panel to hinder drag and to allow easy and fast transition. The swimskin gives so much durability and holds firmly on the body, it also comes with printed silicone leg grips too while giving you the most amazing performance ever.
- Performance driven
- Industry’s most durable swim gear
- Accommodate athletes and water enthusiasts at every level
- It comes a sturdy coil zipper panel for easy wear and removal
- It stretches well and encourages flexibility
- It has a fair and an affordable price
- It gives compression and helps in speed
- The material allows for easy transition inside the water
- It supports buoyancy mildly and comfort
- It has the silicone leg grippers
- It does not have the sun protection
- It damages quite early
- The lanyard may also leave some ugly prints on your skin
For its good features and wallet-friendliness, the product deserves to be given a chance.
TYR Sport Men’s Torque Elite Swimskin for Triathlon
What this nylon and spandex material designed swimskin has is a wrap of superior comfort from its hydrophobic inner that ensures warmth, light feel and ease along. And its hydrophilic surface layer that repels water and aids in the water gliding. The bonded seams are there to frustrate the drag along with the sturdy coil zippered technology.
The TYR sports men swimskins promises to keep your swim suit in place while helping you access buoyancy, and for that it comes with the silicone beaded leg grip. It is also USAT approved and a perfect choice for beginners.
- 70% Nylon, 30% Spandex
- Durable Coil Zipper
- Hydrophilic outer layer
- Hydrophobic inner layer
- Silicone Beaded Leg Gripper
- Bonded Seams
- Durable Coil Zipper
- It gives a perfect fit
- It is lightweight and repels water
- Aids buoyancy, though a little
- It has bonded seams that defeats those drag and chafe
- The swimskin also has silicone beaded leg for the legs
- It may fit a little too tight
- For some skin, the lanyard may leave some mark there
Another product with excellent qualities that meets the needs of triathletes and recommending it is never a wrong option.
TYR Torque Pro Triathlon Swimskin
All a triathlete needs as he/she glides into the water is a swimming wear that sits firmly on the body while enhancing buoyancy and this black premium design TYR Torque triathlon swimskin is all shades of speed inside the water with its super thick hydrophobic material. Other than speed, the wearer will enjoy the low drag system that gives freedom of movement.
It also comes with a swift hydrophilic surface layer that does not retain water rather, it cooperates with the water and helps in swimming. TYR Swimskin gives a sturdy hold and has the USAT and FINA certification and comes with a coil zipper system.
- Performance driven
- Industry’s most durable swim gear
- Accommodate athletes and water enthusiasts at every level
- It allows freedom inside the water and suitable for beginners
- It has the lowest drag design and reduces drag
- It is made with spandex and polyester for a light and stretchy feel
- It has the coil zipper system
- It does not absorb water and improves flexibility
- It has the USAT certification
- It fits perfectly over any tri-suit
- It is lightweight and helps in smooth transition inside the water
- It may run a little small on the body
- It gives little buoyancy as comparatively
- The lanyard may leave behind ugly marks or mild irritations on your body
With impressive features and a friendly appeal to beginner swimmers, it is certainly a brand to give a shot at if you are a little unfamiliar with the water because TYR Torque promises to guide you.
Aqua Sphere Energize Women Triathlon Swimskin
Are you looking for something to wear over your tri-kit that will not shade your comfort, here is a bundle of compression for your fore muscles and the conserving energy by giving your body the fitting that will help in smooth and free transition? The discreetly positioned shaped panels are kept in agreement with the Dynamix suited material to secure the muscles from vibrating.
For ease of entry and drag defeat, the swimskin is designed with a long back zippered system and a leash, this provision also aids flexibility and encourages buoyancy. For maximum hold and stability, the product comes with a snug-fit silicone leg hold that protects it from riding up.
- Designed to be worn over your tri kit for non-wetsuit races
- Streamlined fit
- Shaped side panels target specific core muscles while maximizing flexibility and comfort
- Long back zip with leash
- Comfortable Silicone leg grips prevent ride-up
- It does not allow drag
- It streamlines the body to aid a smooth transition in the water
- It has a zipper panel and a leach at the back
- It can be worn perfectly over a tri-kit
- It also has a silicone leg hold that hinders riding-up
- It aids transition and flexibility
- It may grow small
- It may fit a little tight
The product certainly promises a lot of attractive benefits and versatility, again with little or no pitfalls, it is a brand to get.
Blueseventy PZ4TX+ Triathlon Short Sleeve Swimskin
For fans of comfort, compression and stability inside the water, you can take a look at this combination of best hydrophobic materials with neatly metalized seams to frustrate drag.
Still on low drag chances, the swim wear comes with finely sealed edges to minimize chafing and encourage smooth glide in the water. The zipper system has the premium YKK auto-lock system for you to count on for a secured hold and a faster movement always.
The lightweight swimskin gives great stretchiness and elasticity with flexibility from the shorts sleeves design, along with comfort inside the water. It also has stretchy materials on its side panels and a thicker material around the thighs that adds to durability and great performance.
The fusing together of these superior materials has been successful in water resistance, improvement in performance and ease of movement. What more could anyone ask for…
- LOW DRAG – Superior ultra-soinc bonded seams reduce chafing, pressure points and provide a smooth surface flow in the water.
- ADVANCED HYDROPHOBIC FABRIC – Developed for our competition pool suits, these fabrics are infused to repel water instead of after-market coatings that can lose their water repellency over time
- EQUILIBRIUM – White heat reflective fabric provides optimal thermoregulation, which allows the body to maintain its core internal temperature.
- COMPRESSION – Provides extraordinary elasticity, optimal muscular compression and exceptional breathability with an innovative side panel that improves swimming position and athlete performance.
- LOCKING ZIPPER – Advanced YKK auto locking zipper (no string or lanyard needed). This unique zipper system reduces drag, is faster to remove and due to its light weight and flexibility, is more comfortable.
- It comes with the advanced YKK zipper technology to combat drag and aid flexibility
- It supports transition and gives comfort
- It discourages chafe due to its bonded and finely sealed sleeve edges
- It is made with the best hydrophobic material combination
- It does not absorb water and enhances speed
- It is lightweight and helps in transition
- It gives a tight fitting which some may find uncomfortable
- The zipper system tends to break or gets damage easily
An incredible product it is with many exceptional features that will leave most triathlete astonished and thankful. Apart from the seeming costliness, it is another promising swimskin to have if you find its price affordable.
ROKA Men’s Viper X Triathlon Swimskin
Roka swim wears are known for some exceptionally attributes like the revolutionary arm structure that is designed to assist in freedom of movement while doubling-up in your speed and buoyancy.
Apart from the arm high-tech pattern, the swimskin also introduces another astounding feature in its patent-pending IXI taping to link the key body parts of the arms and the lower body for a rhythmic and efficient performance.
Its hydrophobic Teflon surface coating is specifically made to defeat drag and water absorption while the advanced YKK semi-auto lock breakaway coil helps in the easy removal and wear of the suit.
For maximum comfort around the legs, the leg grippers are made with printed silicone to prevent sausage leg and for freedom in movement.
- Revolutionary Arms Up technology that eliminates restriction allowing you to swim faster and more efficiently
- Patent-pending IXI Taping that helps connect the movements of your lower body to your core and arms to increase the efficiency and transfer power of your stroke
- Hydrophobic Teflon coating repels water and reduces drag and water absorption
- Premium YKK Semi-Autolocking breakaway reversed #3 coil zip design provides an easy removal exiting the swim
- Printed silicone leg grippers on the inside of the leg opening for a straight seam cut and no sausage leg
- It comes with arm technology that aids easy transition and movement
- It is durable and discourages the chafe
- It is resist drag and repels water
- Its breakaway coil allows for easy wearing and removal
- It comes with printed silicone grippers for the leg
- It is USAT approved
- It gives compression and helps in speed
- The fit might be a problem for people with larger upper body
With all these excellent and promising benefits, it is alright to think on this brand especially when you love maximum compression and flexibility inside the water.
ROKA Men’s Viper Pro Swimskin for Triathlon
Freedom in movement is one of the most desired need in swimming and the ROKA Men’s viper swimskin’s arm feature does not only give uniqueness but removes every hindrance that your previous swimskins may have failed to clear and also doubles your speed, the way you have always wanted.
The patent-pending IXI taping brings the basic body parts into agreement for a stable and flexible gliding. With its hydrophobic Teflon surface coating, water absorption, retention and the annoying drag does not meet the challenge. If you are worried about ease in wearing and removal, you can thank its YKK semi-auto lock coiled zippered system for it.
Inside the leg grip is the silicone designed leg grip for additional comfort and to prevent it from riding up.
- Made of two premium, ultralight Italian stretch-woven textiles with additional compression in the quadriceps for support
- Hydrophobic Teflon coating that repels water and reduces drag and water absorption
- “No Sew” thermo bonded and taped construction to reduce drag, weight, and chafing compared to traditional sewing methods; folded and bonded neck and arm openings help reduce chafing and discomfort
- Strategic silicone print at each leg opening to eliminate “sausage-leg”
- Premium YKK Semi-Autolock coil zip design with low drag provides an easy removal exiting the swim – no lanyard needed
- It improves speed and ease of movement
- It has a semi-auto lock breakaway zip for easy entrance and removal
- It does not absorb water
- It refuses drag and chafe
- It comes with a silicone made leg grip to prevent it from riding up
- You may find it difficult using the zip, a little assistance will help you a long way
One of the trusted for maximum buoyancy and stability, all you need is a handy help with the zip and you are fine to go.
Synergy Men’s SynSkin Triathlon Swimskin
Every triathlete needs adequate comfort and durability when competing against the waves and the tide and this swimskin founds its way into the water sport with its high-tech hydrophobic fabrics. It has the USAT and FINA certification which means taking part in any tournament is possible and the bonded seams gives nothing but durability.
A firm fit swim wear that helps with your tri-apparel under the swim wear with advanced YKK auto locking zipper that aids in easy entrance and removal while making drag impossible inside the water, all thanks to its low-drag efficiency.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL LEVELS – WTC (70.3 & Ironman), USAT & FINA approved. Athlete endorsed.
- PROVEN TECHNOLOGY EQUALS SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE – Latest Hydrophobic material. Lowest water drag resistance of any swimskin!
- EXCEPTIONAL FUNCTIONALITY – Bonded seams ensures durability. Advanced YKK auto locking zipper.
- HOW IT SHOULD FEEL – The SynSkin is designed to fit tight while accommodating your tri-apparel underneath.
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION – 30-Day Guarantee: If you are not 100% satisfied within 30-days, send it back for a full refund.
- It does not absorb water and encourages free gliding
- It has the USAT and FINA certification
- It gives comfort, compression and aids in flexibility
- It comes with the high-grade YKK auto-lock zipper system for easy usage
- Its premium quality hydrophobic fabrics are designed to resist drag and reduce chafe
- It has an amazing customer service and a fair pricing structure
- It fits a little tight when new
- It may permit chafe if you end with an improper size
- The zipper panel may often act a little difficult
An awesome product with exceptional features and a great price too however, what appears to be the needed help for its weaknesses is getting right with the sizing and you can reap its full promises.
Best Triathlon Swim Skins Buyers Guide For 2023
What Is a Triathlon Swimskin (Speed Suit)?
Swimskins are the latest addition to the triathlon events and they are often worn over the tri-suit when the event is not wetsuit legal and you have the water levels surging above 78 degrees.
They are usually firm and tightly fitted on the body to enable compression and help with transition, it may not give buoyancy like the wetsuit but it minimizes friction and drag successfully. What’s more? a swimskin is a better alternative to your bulky swim wears always as it hugs gently on your body while aiding you through the waves.
Swimskins are made with hydrophobic materials especially the surface coating to resist water and minimize drag, ensuring you have a smooth swimming performance all the time.
Tri-suits vs Swimskins vs Wetsuits
Trisuit, swimskin and wetsuit are all used for the same purpose; swimming. However, there are some differences in terms of usage and function. I will address more of it below.
This garment is often worn by triathletes for the three events of swimming, biking, and long distance race on race event days. Once it is worn, it is not to be taken off till the three event is over as the break between the different events are usually short and does not demand a change of outfit in any case.
Tri-suits are mostly sleeveless as compared with some wetsuits, the sleeves allow for more natural performance. The thin pad in-between the legs dries quickly the moment you get out of the water and you can hop on the bike free from discomfort.
So, instead of switching or changing into a wetsuit or a swimskin before swimming, your tri-suit accommodates all three events comfortably. Tri-suits are very helpful for training, you can run, jog and also swim finely in them.
Tri-suits are the most versatile of all swim wears because it accepts any kind of water and atmospheric temperature, both the warm temperature and the cold water.
Swimskin have formed the major discussion here but you may have probably heard it used interchangeably with wetsuit and it got you a little confused, here is what it really is. A swimskin is swim wear worn over a tri-suit. It is worn to improve hydrodynamic, what happens when drag is defeated and friction reduced all because if the smooth and water-resistant surface of the garment.
Swimskins are thinner than wetsuits and are usually used during warm water temperature and fits in well for tournament where wetsuits are not allowed. For buoyancy and warmth, swimskins offer little assistance in here as compared to the wetsuits.
The zipper panels or closures are often located around the rear to prevent drag and they are faster too.
Wetsuits are specifically designed for colder water temperatures of the lakes, and beaches, and they are made with neoprene fabrics and encourages buoyancy and speed inside the water. They help you triathletes swim faster and more comfortably defeating the drag, it helps swimmers swim longer even inside the coldest water temperature without feeling cold. This is true because wetsuits are made with high-tech superior material that gives warmth all the time.
The neoprene material in wetsuits helps with easy transition and you can also get freely out of the easily and hop on your bike for the next activity. They are great for beginner swimmers as it helps them remain afloat better than the swimskins that only gives little buoyancy and not best for newbies.
Finding the Best Triathlon Swimskins:
You have seen the various recommended products and may have started developing a liking to a certain brand but having a first-hand information on the things to look out for in the swimskin is very important especially, if you are buying for the first time.
For that reason, this market guide is all dedicated to help you completely with your final choice.
Swimskins are designed to wrap firmly and securely around your body frame especially since it has to be worn over the wetsuit. So, when getting one double-check on the size and be sure to get a swanskin that can take you and your race kit on without any inconveniences.
Additionally, the snugly-fit will help you swim without wiggling which will also be useful in preventing fatigue and also improve the swimskin buoyancy.
For maximum speed and smooth transition inside the water, you can count on the swimskins for that and the exceptional features of some brands. Some swimskin brands have the patented arm system that supports flexibility and mobility incredibly.
So, if you are a lover of speed in the water, you can look out for swimskins with special features like this for that “speed of light” movement you only fantasized about now made possible in swimskins.
Compression and Tightness:
Swimskins are usually good in giving compression and comfort while streamlining your body with suit and assist you gently glide through the water. However, in getting a swimskin get one that will give the right amount of compression even with your race wear underneath it.
For tightness, the swimskin has to fit tightly, you may even need help from your friend or a fellow triathlete in the zipping of the suit, if not, it will fit loosely and flap against your body. When this happens, drag resistance may be inhibited.
In whatever case, getting the proper fitness for comfort is still the guide here because your convenience matters so much when you are off the land.
Know the Difference Between a Wetsuit and a Swimskin:
Even when swimskins and wetsuit are often used interchangeably and are both used by triathletes, they mean different swim wears. So, if you are going for a swimskin, be sure to know the difference between the two so that you do not get the wrong piece for the tournament.
A wetsuit is a triathlon wear worn in cold water temperatures, while swimskins are worn during warmer temperatures and are designed to compress the body to align with your body form inside the water always.
A swimskin can be worn over the wetsuits in places where wetsuit is not approved, they are also worn over the tri-suit but it does not give buoyancy and warmth like the wetsuit.
One of the things it stands out with is the smooth compression and how it streamlines the body smoother and flexible to flow with the water.
USAT and FINA Legalized:
Having a swimskin with the necessary certification is important as it will hand you acceptability in any water games you participate. So, as you make up your mind on the swimskin to get double-check on its USAT status.
Also, you need to be sure that the swimskin you are purchasing adheres to the USAT swimskin rules.
The Hydrophobic Material:
Materials used in swimskins are mostly high-tech hydrophobic fabrics that is made to resist water and reduce drag, which is one of the immediate needs of any triathlete. So, remember to look out for any brand that comes with hydrophobic fabrics.
How to Wear a Swimskin?
A swimskin is designed to fit snugly on the body, while it gives speed a great pace it performs perfectly when worn perfectly and here is how to have it done.
In wearing a swimskin, there are certain conditions to adhere if you need that perfect performance all the time.
They are worn over the tri-suit and they help to reduce friction in water.
Be Wary of Compression:
Swimskins are designed specifically to give compression flexibility for smooth transition however, it is important to get the right compression fitting on ground.
Agreeably, it should be tight but not too tight as they will be tighter inside the water and the compression will be more inside the water. What to do with the right compression is to get the sizing right for a comfortable compression.
The Zip and Lanyard Panels:
Most swimskins come with closure panels, when wearing them take care to get the zip down completely before sliding into the suit so that you don’t expose it to quick damage.
When you want to remove it, if you experience any difficulty pulling the zip downwards, you can seek the assistance of your fellow triathlete in the dressing room. As some swimskins can be a tad stressing to work free.
Generally, reading the owner’s instructions on your swimskin will give you a detailed knowledge on hoe to wear and maintain your swimskin for a lasting performance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q:How True Do Swimskins Keep to Their Size?
A:They do keep to their size, though some may grow a little small and fit tightly. So, it is best to be exact on the size you are getting.
Q:Does It Come with a Sun Protection?
A:No, it does not.
Q:Do They Have the Wetsuit Kind of Thickness, like 2mm or 5mm?
A:No, they do not have, because they are not made with neoprene material.
Q:Can They Be Worn with Other Race Costume?
A:Yes! They can be worn over the tri-suit, wetsuit, and any other sport apparel you desire.
Q:How Can They Be Stored?
A:They usually are in a case, since they are water resistance they get dry fast enough and you can put it back in its kit when not in use.
Q:Do Swimsuits Make You Swim Faster?
A:Yes! Even when worn over another race kit, it improves your speed more than any other swim suit.
Q:Does It Help with Buoyancy?
A:Swimskins does not support buoyancy like the wetsuits but it does not hinder it either.
Q:How Long Can It Last?
A:Its duration of usefulness cannot be clearly said, but with carefulness it can stick around for a long time.
Q:Is a Swimskin the Same as Speed Suit?
A:Yes! It is.
Q:Is Swimskin Good for Beginner Swimmers?
A:Yes! It can be used by beginners and anyone.
Q:Do Swimsuits Keep You Warm?
A:Yes, it can keep you slightly warm
Q:How to Make You Swimsuit Last?
A:Keeping your swimsuit dry and in its case after each use will make it last longer.
Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Triathlon Swim Skins Review Guide For 2023.
Vinyl Works Above Ground Swimming Pool Resin Deck Kit
- Best Pool Slide For Your Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2023
- Summer Waves vs Intex Pools Review Guide For 2023
- Pool Safety For Kids Review Guide For 2023
- Best Above Ground Pool Heaters Everything You Need To Know Review Guide For 2023
- Can Dogs Go In A Pool? Review Guide For 2023
- Best Pool Umbrella Review Guide For 2023
- Top Swimming Pool Fountain Review Guide For 2023
- 2020 Top Rated Above Ground Pools
- Hot Tubs and Spas
- Above Ground Pools With Decks
- Top 4 Best Pool Heater Reviews
- Above Ground and In-Ground Pool Liners