Best Solar Powered Shed Lights Review Guide For 2023
Best Solar Powered Shed Lights Review Guide For 2023 – Join the millions that have trusted SimplyFunPools.com to help them make smarter buying decisions.
Let our independent expert reviews and data-driven shopping recommendations help you find the Best Solar Powered Shed Light that’s right for you.
Looking for a way to light up your shed that doesn’t have electricity?
Do you remember the times you’ve fallen over or tripped over something when you’re scrambling about in your shed in low visibility?
That’s a common occurrence for most people since in trying to cut down on electricity costs they don’t have any lights in the shed.
Hardly anyone uses the shed after sundown, so there’s no point in getting a light installed inside. However, you don’t know when you may need to get something from your shed at night.
The best option is to get a solar-powered light which not only helps in bringing down electricity costs but provide you with a lighting solution in the shed.
The good news is that you’re spoilt for choice as there are a lot of options available for solar-powered shed lights.
Well then, to make this process easy for you, we have listed down and reviewed the best solar shed lights this year so that you can find one that suits your needs perfectly.
Furthermore, we are also going to be providing you with a buying guide so that you know exactly what features to look out for when purchasing one. To find out even more keep reading our Best Solar Powered Shed Lights Review Guide For 2023.
Designers Edge L-949 – Best Rechargeable Solar Shed Light
The first item on our list for the 7 best solar shed light 2022 is the Designers Edge L-949 Rechargeable Solar Shed Lights. One of the reasons for this is the bright light produced by the lamp of this solar light.
With its decent brightness, this solar light ensures that your shed is nicely lit up with everything clearly visible.
Furthermore, it has two different brightness levels, full brightness, and half brightness, that allow you to adjust it to the one that is the most suitable for the time of the day.
It is also quite easy to set up and comes with a long, 16-foot extension cord that makes the process much easier.
This is because it lets you place the solar panel anywhere you want for it to receive the highest amount of sunlight without worrying about its distance from the lamp.
It also charges quite well and is able to charge even under low sunlight conditions in winters and cloudy days.
It is also quite long-lasting, with a service life of around 100,000 hours, during which you don’t have to worry about replacing the bulbs, the battery dying out, and so on.
It can also last around 4 hours on a single charge. And, it also comes with a pull string so that turning it on and off is made easy for you. Furthermore, it is quite low-cost as compared to many solar shed lights out there.
- Power Source Battery Powered
- Room Type Garage
- Style Modern
- Switch Installation Type Wall Mount
- Special Feature 2 Settings
About this item:
- LONG-LASTING SHED SOLAR LIGHT: these solar shed lights offer 100,000 hours of super-bright LED light and provide many years of service without having to replace the bulbs
- VERSATILE SOLAR LIGHTS FOR SHED: this solar shed light can be mounted on wall or pole up to 16 feet away from the solar panel; it has 2 operation modes – full brightness with 10 LEDs or half brightness with 5 LEDs, making it easy to work with
- COMES WITH USER-FRIENDLY 16 FOOT EXTENSION CORD: with the extension cord, the solar panel can be placed where it’ll get the most sunlight and the solar shed light can be installed elsewhere where it’s needed most – garages and workshops, among others
- BRIGHT, CLEAR LIGHT: this solar powered shed light features 10 LED bulbs which provide 30 lumens of brightness, meaning that it brightly illuminates any area to ensure safety and security
- SPECIFICATIONS OF SOLAR SHED LIGHTS: 10.6 x 2.9 x 8.8 inches; comes with 16-foot extension cord; 30 lumens of brightness; 100,000 hours of LED light; 2 setting options at full brightness or half brightness
- Easy setup
- Long cord
- Long service life
- Charges well
- Low-quality plastic
- Inconvenient plug design
Outdoor LED Solar Shed Pendant Lights – Solar Power Shed Light
Another amazing solar shed light on our list is the Outdoor LED Solar Shed Pendant Light (2 pack). And one of the things that make this solar light so great is its working time.
With seven hours of daylight charge, the lamp of this light can provide you with light for over 16 hours. This light also turns on automatically at night time so that you don’t have to fumble around in the dark to turn it on.
It is also fairly easy to set up as it is quite lightweight and comes with a detachable cable. Also, the lamp is nicely bright as it is around 300 lumens, and so it is able to light up your shed quite well.
You can also change the brightness level of this light to 50%, 75%, and 100%, depending on your requirements, through the remote. This remote is also a convenient way for you to turn the light on and off.
The remote also lets you set a timer of 2 or 6 hours for the light to automatically turn off. Furthermore, this light is also quite durable as it is weatherproof and can survive high temperatures, is frost resistant, and waterproof.
During your purchase, you also have two color options for buying this light, one is a 3-in-one lamp option that ranges from a warm yellow to a daylight white, and the other is just in daylight white.
- Warm White
- Light fixture form Pendant
- Indoor/Outdoor Usage Outdoor
- Power Source Solar
- Room Type Patio
- Material Metal
About this item:
- ☀【Solar Powered & Easy to Install】:Solar Powered Pendant Lights, charge during the day and automatically light up at night, cost almost No Electricity Bills from you. With Detachable Connector, this light is easily to be used in some high places like rooftop, no limit area. Convenient when you install it anywhere in your home. The light only works when it is completely dark (15-50 lux).It will not work during the daytime or when there is a light around the solar panel
- ☀【Remote Controlled & Adjustable Brightness】:This Outdoor Solar Shed Lights, controlled by a remote, with 7 Meters detected, you can turn the lights on/off when you need at night. High efficiency SMD 12 LEDs and there are 3 levels brightness for you to choose the light as you like with variety from 100%, 75%, 50% .(Tips: You can turn on the remote controller in the daytime and set light timing, light brightness and then it will automatically turn on with what you set in the night)
- ☀【350°Retatable & Long Time Working】:The solar panel can be adjusted in a variety angle (350°), which ensures that the panel can absorb enough light from sunrise to sunset, also with high rate solar power conversion, this solar panel only needs to be exposed 7 hours under the sun, then it will work more than 16 hours in the night.（Note: Please Turn On the switch behind the solar panel before installation, or the light won’t work)
- ☀【Durable & Widely Used】:With IP65 Rated Waterproof Design, the lights work with no problem in the wet location or can withstand even in extreme weather conditions like raining, snowing, or hot temperature. Versatile and flexible with 5 meters cable (from solar panel to the light), it is ideal for indoor or outdoor use like Patio Garden, Yard, Hallways, Garage, Front Door or some events like outside Home Parties, Birthday Parties
- ☀【Buy with No Risk !】 : Solar Panel 164164mm; Metal Shade Φ15045mm ( please note that the light is a small size). If any questions at any time, please contact us right away and we will make it right within 24 Hours. Buy with no risk!! Don’t hesitate or join us with this solar pendant lights.
- 3 brightness levels
- Comes with a remote
- Easy setup
- Quite bright
- Turns on automatically
- Only lights in complete darkness
- Remote kind of flimsy
Kyson Solar Powered Led Shed Light – Battery Powered Shed Lights
The next solar light on our list that is sure to give you a great performance is the Kyson Solar Powered Led Shed Light. With its stylish vintage design, this light gives your shed a cool rustic look.
The lamp has a brightness of 300 Lumens due to which it can light up a small shed pretty well. The bulb is surrounded by a strong metal cage to protect it from any sort of damage.
Also, if by any chance the bulb does get damaged, you can easily replace it with one that has the appropriate voltage due to its convenient design.
It also has a long run time, and after a full day’s charge, it is able to light up for around 6 to 8 hours. This is because if it is being provided with ample light, it is able to charge quite well. However, this performance may diminish in winters or areas with colder climates.
This light can be turned on and off using its pull chain, but if you want a more convenient method, then you are provided with a remote that lets you do that from quite a distance.
The customer support of the company of this product is also quite exceptional, and if the light has a defect or you need another bulb, then the company will provide you with a replacement in no time.
- Light fixture form Picture
- Indoor/Outdoor Usage Outdoor, Indoor
- Power Source Solar
- Room Type Outdoor
- Material Stainless Steel
About this item:
- Product Size：17.517.524cm.Solar panel 12*12CM,E27 Replaceable Vintage Edison Bulb Warm White.
- External Solar Panel on a 3m Lead Cable,line of lamp to the lamp base is 40 cm ,
- Remote Control (5m range) and Pull Cord for Easy Use
- Vintage Design &Simple Arrangement& If the light bulb damaged,you can replace it with a E27 Socket 3V Low-Voltage Bulb ,Pls search it in our store
- Light up your home &garden: The Solar Powered LED wall light is ideal for lighting up your outdoor space for added security; or as an accent light to illuminate your trees, garage or your home, giving the ideal lighting accent;also can use indoor for lightning
- Bright enough
- Remote control
- Easy to replace bulb
- Long run time
- Great customer support
- Doesn’t work well in winters
- Small pull chain
IVYSHION Portable Solar LED Light (3pack) – Solar Powered Lighting For Shed
Another well-performing solar shed light is the IVYSHION Portable Solar LED Light (3pack). First of all, this led light package features 3 bulbs that can all be charged at the same time with the solar panel. Furthermore, you can also use a charger or a power bank to charge these bulbs in winters or during rainy seasons if enough sunlight is not available.
Also, the led light has overcharge and over-discharge protection circuits, because of which the battery is able to work well for quite a long time, giving it a long service life of 50,000 hours.
Also, this light is quite easy to use, as you need to secure the solar panel into an area with a lot of sunshine and connect it to the bulb for it to charge.
Once the bulb has been charged, you can hang it anywhere with the help of its convenient hook and let it brighten up a room for around 3 to 4 hours.
You can also use the solar panel to charge other objects that do not require a lot of power and have a micro USB charging port, which makes it quite versatile.
Furthermore, the solar light is quite weatherproof and works well in both hot and cold climates. The panel itself is water-resistant and can survive being in the rain, although the bulbs are not waterproof, which is why you need to make sure that there is no water running down the wires to them.
- olor White
- Shape Bulb
- Material Plastic
- Light Source Type LED
- Shade Material Plastic
About this item:
- [Environmental and energy-saving]:This solar light relies on solar energy, which is clean, endless and environment-friendly. In daytime, when there is sunshine, the solar panel can convert the solar energy to electric energy and store it in the battery. The charged bulb can be used as a mobile lighting lamp
- [High quality and long life]High quality LED will give you a bright night; Solar powered, energy saving and environmentally friendly; Long service time, up to 50000H. Overcharge and overdischarge protection circuits are built in the battery to protect the battery.
- [Easy to use]: Solar panel, home electricity charging. Capacity of lithium battery: 850mah/3.7V; continuously effective lighting of fully charged bulb: 10h; Bulb Using Time: 4-5hours; How to charge with solar panel: Put solar panel outside under the sun and at the same time keep connect the bulb with cord for 10hours, charging indicator is red, full charged still red.
- [Widely use]: This solar lights solar lamp is an ideal item for deck, step,balcony, patio,garden, chicken coop,poultry shed, fence, aisle, eave …etc.The solar lights can be also used to charge computer, mobile phone.
- [Note]: The solar light can be used in any weather, but it is not waterproof. Ideal for home lighting, camping, cooking, working, reading, emergency and blackouts,etc.
- Long life
- Alternative charging methods available
- 3 extra bulbs
- Doesn’t turn on while charging
Kyson 40LED 2 in 1 Solar Powered Corridor Wall Lights – Solar Powered Shed Light
The Kyson 40LED 2 in 1 Solar Powered Corridor Wall Lights are another great way you can light up your shed without needing any electrical supply.
First of all, the light produced is fairly bright and lets you see your surroundings quite clearly.
Secondly, the product comes with two light sources, and so, if you have a larger shed, you can place them at a distance from each other and ensure that a larger area is able to be illuminated.
These lights are also quite easy to install as they have a long cable with quick connect plugs, and they also come with all the screws that you need for the installation process.
Furthermore, the lights have a long run time and can provide you with bright light for around 8 to 10 hours. It also has a pull cord so that you can turn the lamps off when you don’t need any light and turn them back on when you do.
However, the lamps don’t light up during the day when the solar panel can detect light.
But if you wish for the lights to turn on during that time, just simply cover up the panel or unplug the lamp from charging.
The product itself is quite durable as it is weatherproof and is able to work in intense temperatures. Also, many of its elements are waterproof, like the panel and the connector plugs and so you can easily fix them to the roof of your shed without worrying about rain damaging it.
- Light fixture form Floodlight
- Indoor/Outdoor Usage Indoor
- Power Source Solar
- Room Type Garden, Garage, Basement, Patio Yard
- Material Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
About this item:
- [Mini Size Shed Light with Pull cord : Solar powered,3.5W/5.5V solar panel, 5500MAH lithium-ion rechargeable battery,with 9.8 ft extend cord for each head(5.9inch L x 2.3inch W) .It provides almost 8- 10 hours continuously light from dusk to dawn after full charging.
- [2 in 1 Solar Shed Corridor Lights ]: The solar powered shed light is designed with 2pcs light source, with 20pcs 28365SMD each lamp provide more bright light to keep you safe when you walk in darkness. 180 degree rotating solar panel enables you adjust angle for the best daylight exposure
- [Durable & IP65 Waterproof]: Made of high quality PC ABS material, with good heat dissipation and pressure resistance;IP65waterproof solar panel and light can withstand all kinds of weather all round the year, greatly improves the stability of outdoor lighting and long-term use
- [Dust to Dawn or Indoor Use-Daytime Use]: Turn the switch (on the back of the solar panel) to “ON” ,this dual head solar shed light is auto dusk to dawn ,but if you want to use it in the daytime ,you should use something to cover the solar panel firstly ,then use the pull chain to turn it on /off
- [Easy Installation-Wireless & Wide Application ]: Without extra wiring, easy to complete the installation with screws. Enough long wire so you can mount the solar panel on the sunnier side and install the light anywhere you want, perfect for garages, basements, workshops, utility and recreation rooms, storage rooms, barn, equipment rooms, industrial workstations…
- Easy to install
- Long runtime
- 2 lamps
- Long cable
- Doesn’t light up during the day
- No remote, only pull cord
AGPTEK Solar Powered Shed Light – Outdoor Solar Shed Lights
Another great solar shed light on our list is the AGPTEK Solar Powered Shed Light. One of the most striking features of this light is its three-leaf design that not only looks cool but also ensures that the light is able to cover a much larger area than other lights.
The light is also quite bright, which, when combined with its large area coverage, illuminates your shed quite nicely. The run time of this light is also quite impressive, as, after a full charge, it can work for more than 22 hours.
Setting up this light is also quite easy as it has a long cord that provides you with a lot of freedom to place the solar panel at the place with the most sunlight without it affecting the positioning of the lights.
Also, it comes with all the nuts and screws that you need for installation. All you need is a screwdriver, and you can set this up in no time. It also comes with a helpful user manual to guide you in every step.
Another great feature of this light is it’s remote that you can use to adjust various aspects of this light, one of which is brightness, which you can set to 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%.
You can also set your lights to turn off through the timer, which has the options of 2 hours, 4 hours, and 6 hours. Furthermore, unlike many other solar lights, this one can also be used during the day, although you can use the auto setting of the remote and have them off during the day and automatically turn as it gets dark.
- Light fixture form Pendant
- Indoor/Outdoor Usage Outdoor, Indoor
- Power Source Solar Powered and USB Charging
- Room Type Patio
- Material Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene, Polycarbonate
About this item:
- 🌞【Powerful and Durable LEDs】A small but mighty solar pendant light adopts superbright LEDs, maximum brightness up to 800LM when fully charged on a fairly sunny day(charging time 8h), and can last all night. If a cloudy day, it can last around 6h. When night comes, our solar light will bring surprise to you!
- 🌞【Solar Powerd and USB Charging】The solar pendant lights can be charged by solar, or charged by USB cable when there is insufficient sunlight in winter or cloud day! No longer limited to summer use, and can provide you bright at night all year round!
- 🌞【Auto Mode and Remote Control Mode】Our solar shed lights can’t only work at night but also work in the daytime. You can easily turn them on or off via remote control at anytime. Under auto mode, it can automatically turn off during the day and turn on in the dark to light up your gazebo, patio, shed, porch, garden, balcony, garage, and so on!
- 🌞【Adjustable Brightness and Timer】Multiple settings for timers and dimming the light. The solar light can allow you to adjust the brightness:100%/75%/50%/25% and also the time: 1H/2H/4H/6H/always on with the included remote control. It is useful and you will save money on your electrical bill.
- 🌞【Easy Setup and 16.5FT Long Cord】You can hang it anywhere light needed. Just put the solar panel in well sunlight area and adjust the angle to get adequate sunlight so that it can burns bright. The cord is 16.5ft long which is sufficient to route pretty much anywhere.
- Highly adjustable settings
- Long run time
- Easy setup
- Long cord
- Short remote range
Best Solar Powered Shed Lights Buying Guide For 2023
Solar shed lights work extremely well and provide your dark and dreary shed with a lighting source without contributing to your electricity bill. To help you pick the right solar light for your shed, this buyer’s guide will point out important features that you need to consider before buying one.
How Do Solar Shed Lights Work?
The best thing about solar shed lights is that they require very little maintenance and are a convenient light source that helps you save money on electricity costs.
You can easily mount these lights on any wall, pole, or a horizontal surface, and most of the time these lights come with an extension cable that allows you to install the light inside, with the solar panel placed outside.
Solar shed lights work through solar power, which means they take energy from the sun during the day time to charge the solar panel, which is converted into light at night.
It’s imperative that you place the solar panel in a place that gets direct sunlight so that the solar cells can easily absorb the sun’s energy.
These solar lights come with an auto-detect function that senses when light is required and will automatically light up once it gets dark. The lights turn off when sunlight comes out, and the solar panel starts charging again.
Important Considerations When Buying Solar Shed Lights:
If you’re buying solar-powered shed lights for your shed, you need to do your research, and once you start looking you’ll be easily overwhelmed by the range of choices on offer.
What you end up choosing depends on your preferences, as some light are well-designed while others may be quite expensive, and the low-priced solar lights may not last for a long time or be as effective.
Taking pointers from customer reviews isn’t going to help you much either, especially because there are so many fake reviews online.
Solar-powered shed lights come in all shapes, designs, and colors while boasting different features, so there are quite a few things you must consider before buying a solar shed light for your shed.
Type of light your shed needs:
One of the main factors to consider is why your shed needs a light, which is self-explanatory but there’s always a reason behind it.
For instance, if you’re using your shed for work, you may want an ultra-bright light but if you only want a light because you want a well-lit shed, you may want to get a medium bright light in the shed.
Durability and safety of the lights:
Irrespective of how good looking or cheap the light is safety should be your ultimate priority.
Solar shed lights can get damaged easily as well, so you should choose a light that is long-lasting and made of good quality materials. The quality and durability of the light can be determined by reading product reviews and about the manufacturer.
It goes without saying that a good light source needs to produce bright light so that you are able to clearly see your surroundings, and this is especially true for solar-powered lights for sheds.
This is because most solar planes of these lights are not big enough to produce a large amount of voltage, due to which the lights connected to them are not able to get enough power to produce bright enough light.
And so, when getting a solar light for your shed, you need to make sure that it has more than 100 lumens to produce light that is nice and bright.
Another important factor to consider before buying a solar light for your shed is your shed size.
This is because the larger your shed is, the brighter light it will require in order for you to see everything clearly. And so, if your shed is a small one, then you can just go for a single lamplight that has around 30 to 80 lumens as it will produce enough light for everything in your shed to be visible clearly.
Although if your shed is a larger one, then you either need to get a light with a large number of lumens, preferably more than 100, or a solar light with more than one lamp.
This is because if you have multiple lamps, then you can place them at a distance from each other, inside your shed, and so their light would be able to spread over a wider distance, making the whole shed well illuminated.
The run time is also an important factor to consider when buying a solar shed light. It is basically how long the lamp will produce light before it runs out of charge.
And so, it is important to get a light that has a long runtime of around 6 to 10 hours so that it is able to produce light for an adequate amount of time. Although the run time also depends on your usage of the light.
This is because if you are planning to have the light on throughout the night, then you need to get one that has a runtime of around 8 to 12 hours.
But if you are only going to be using the light for a few hours when you use the shed, then even light with a run time of 4 to 6 hours may be satisfactory for you.
Furthermore, there are some solar lights that do not turn on during the day when it is bright outside. And so, if you are also planning to use the light during the day, then you need to steer clear of those.
Another thing to take into consideration when buying a solar shed light is its service life. This is how long the light will last before its battery starts getting weak or stops working overall.
And so, it is recommended that you get a solar light with long service life, preferable of around 10,000 to 100,000 hours so that it is able to provide you with bright light for a long time before it needs replacing.
It is also important that solar shed lights are weather-resistant or waterproof. This is because half of the elements of the light, namely the solar panel and the cord connecting to it, are supposed to be placed outdoors, and especially on the roof of the shed.
This is why it is directly exposed to the natural elements in the form of intense heat, frost, and rain. And so, you need to get one that is able to bear these elements without getting damaged or having its performance affected in any way.
Some other factors that you must consider are your budget for the lights, and how long you plan on using the light in the shed. You don’t want to keep the shed lit for the entire day, so if you plan on using the light for only 4 to 5 hours a day, you may want to get a light that offers you that.
Your geographic location is also an important factor, and if you live in a city that doesn’t get much sunlight, then solar-powered shed lights may not be a good solution.
When you’re buying solar-powered shed lights, it’s important to keep the above-mentioned factors in mind, to make the right choice.
Q: How many lumens do I need to light a shed?
A: Lumens determine the brightness of a light, and the amount of lumens required to light up a shed depends on its size. If a shed is a small one, then 50 to 100 lumens would be enough to illuminate it. But if your shed is a large one, then you need 150 to 300 lumens for optimum illumination and for the shed to be lit up extremely well.
Q: What is the best solar light for a shed?
A: Although there are many solar lights out there that are great for sheds, one of the best ones is Designers Edge L-949 Rechargeable Solar Shed Lights. This is because it provides you with decent brightness with different brightness levels, the impressive service life of around 100,000 hours, and easy setup due to its long power cord.
The most in-demand solar lights in the market today are solar shed lights, as they provide you with convenient illumination for small spaces.
Buying these lights is a one-time expense; in return, you get an economical solution for lighting up your outdoor areas. If you’re worried about the environment and want to cut down on your electricity bills these solar lights provide you with the best solution as they’re environmentally friendly and don’t produce any waste.
These lights are also convenient, have hassle-free operations, provide effective lighting, and are extremely versatile.
And so from the list of the solar shed lights above, our top 3 picks are:
Designers Edge L-949 Rechargeable Solar Shed Lights. For its brightness, low cost, easy setup, and long service life.
Kyson Solar Powered Led Shed Light. Because of its attractive design, bright light, easy to replace bulb, and long run time.
IVYSHION Portable Solar LED Light (3pack). Due to its brightness, affordable price, long service life, alternative charging ways, weatherproof design, and 3 extra bulbs
And so, when it comes to well-performing solar shed lights that are affordable, produce a bright light, and have a long service life, these three options are among the best out there. Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Solar Powered Shed Lights Review Guide For 2023.
Vinyl Works Above Ground Swimming Pool Resin Deck Kit
- Best Pool Slide For Your Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2023
- Summer Waves vs Intex Pools Review Guide For 2023
- Pool Safety For Kids Review Guide For 2023
- Best Above Ground Pool Heaters Everything You Need To Know Review Guide For 2023
- Can Dogs Go In A Pool? Review Guide For 2023
- Best Pool Umbrella Review Guide For 2023
- Top Swimming Pool Fountain Review Guide For 2023
- 2020 Top Rated Above Ground Pools
- Hot Tubs and Spas
- Above Ground Pools With Decks
- Top 4 Best Pool Heater Reviews
- Above Ground and In-Ground Pool Liners