Best Rectangle Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best Rectangle Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Join the millions that have trusted SimplyFunPools.com to help them make smarter buying decisions.
Let our independent expert reviews and data-driven shopping recommendations help you find the Best Rectangle Above Ground Pool that’s right for you.
Access to a swimming pool was a luxury that most people couldn’t afford. Even if they could, they’d have to share it with hundreds of people at a sports center. The invention of above ground pools made all that a thing of the past!
What makes above ground swimming pools even better is that you can disassemble them and put them away when you need the backyard space for other activities.
Are you wondering, what is the best rectangular above ground pool on the market today?
Here’s a review of the best options found inside our Best Rectangle Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Top Rated Rectangular Above Ground Pools
Intex Ultra XTR Rectangular Frame All-inclusive Pool Set
The Intex Ultra XTR is designed to look like a classic swimming pool, complete with a gray outer liner and blue tile-print inner.
Its load-bearing frame is made of high-quality steel, galvanized to prevent rusting, and offers durable support to the pool’s weight.
Worried about setting up time? Don’t be. It doesn’t take long as the frame has been designed with an easy but precise lock-in system that snaps the connecting beams into place with the simple push of a button. Now you can put up the pool in less than an hour.
This pool also incorporates complex hydro-aeration technology that provides better circulation, removes debris, and keeps the water clean, making it an all-time favorite!
- Brand Intex
- Material Wood, Alloy Steel, Concrete
- Color Gray
- Item Weight 125.28 Kilograms
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 216 x 108 x 52 inches
About this item:
- SUMMERTIME FUN: The Intex 18Ft x 52In Steel Frame Above Ground Pool Set is engineered for strength and to help you beat the heat all summer long for ages 6 and up. Equipped with Hydro Aeration Technology in the pump to improves circulation, filtration, and water clarity while increasing the water’s negative ions to provide an even safer and clean pool experience.
- DESIGN: Gray outer liner and blue tile-print inner liner for a classic, clean look. Durable frame is made of high-quality, galvanized steel with precision-engineered locking system.
- QUICK SET UP: Have fun faster with this Intex Above Ground Pool. It has quick set up and is ready for water in just 60 minutes. Encapsulating inner and outer powder coating prevents rusting.
- INCLUDES: This package comes with the pool, pool ladder, ground cloth, sand filter, and pool cover. Installation may require wood or concrete pads under each leg for support on dirt or soft surfaces
- SPECIFICATIONS: Pump voltage: 110-120V; Pool type: Above ground; Material: Steel; Water capacity: 4,545 gallons at 90%; Color: Gray; Dimensions (L x W x D): 18 x 9 x 4.33 feet; Manufacturer warranty: 2-year warranty; Disclaimer: Please review your HOA rules and restrictions before purchasing this product. Not all housing agencies permit private above-ground pools
Intex 28273EH Rectangular Frame Easy To Assemble Above Ground Swimming Pool
If you’re looking for an easy-to-setup pool with a fast assembly time, the Intex 28273EH is probably the right choice for you. It only takes 30 minutes and minimal exertion, even though the large variants can house a game of Volleyball and Marco Polo.
The pool is made from heavy-duty PVC and held up by a rust-resistant frame to withstand the hot summer outdoors for as many days as you wish to keep it out.
When you’re done using the pool, taking it down is just as easy. It comes equipped with a valve that makes draining effortless, then all you have to do is disconnect the frames and fold up the pool.
- Brand Intex
- Material Polyvinyl Chloride
- Color Blue
- Item Weight 39.2 Kilograms
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 177.17 x 86.61 x 33.07 inches
- Maximum Weight Recommendation 360 Kilograms
- Shape Rectangular
- Assembly Required No
About this item:
- SUMMERTIME FUN: The large rectangular frame on this Intex 14.75ft x 33in pool is perfect for playing a game of volleyball, Marco Polo, or just sitting and chilling to stay cool; This Intex swimming pool is great outdoor family fun for ages 6 and up and is best suited for use on a level surface.
- FAST ASSEMBLY IN YOUR BACKYARD: This pool is easy to set up and takes only 30 minutes to assemble (may require pool underlay); Pool does NOT include a filter pump; For outdoor use only.
- DURABLE VINYL CONSTRUCTION: The pool is designed with heavy-duty PVC and rust-resistant frame to keep the pool sturdy though many afternoons of splashing in the sun.
- EASY TO DRAIN: Equipped with control valve for easy draining.
- PRODUCT INFO: Disclaimer: Please review your HOA rules and restrictions before purchasing this product. Not all housing agencies permit private above-ground pools; Pump not included but recommended for use; Measure before you buy.
Best Budget Above Ground Rectangular Swimming Pools
The Intex Ultra XTR and 28273EH are both excellent models in terms of price, quality and function, but they’re not your only options, especially if you have a tight budget.
Bestway 56631E Power Steel Above Ground Swimming Pool
The frame design uses high quality, corrosion, UV, and abrasion resistant steel to eliminate any possibility of damage from exposure.
It employs a patented seal-lock system to keep the water in without bending regardless of the pressure. It also has a beautiful mosaic-like tile pattern for the esthetic of a deluxe swimming pool.
You won’t need any installation tools—it’s easy as everything you need is included in the set.
- Brand Bestway
- Material Metal
- Color White
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 22 x 77 x 33 inches
About this item:
- Size: 9 ft. 3 in. x 6 ft. 5 in. x 33 in.
- Water Capacity (90%): 967 gal.
- Tritech enhanced 3-ply liner is durable and puncture-resistant
- Corrosion resistant steel frame is held together with our Seal & Lock System to provide remarkable strength and connection
- 330 gal. filter pump included
- ChemConnect dispenser maintains and provides clean, healthy pool water by providing a stable level of chlorine that is evenly dispersed throughout the pool
- Easy, no-tool setup and takedown process
- Contents: 1 pool, 1 filter pump (compatible with Type I cartridge), 1 ChemConnect dispenser
Summer Waves P43216521 Outdoor Rectangular Frame Above Ground Pool
Summer Waves offers the perfect above ground pool for water sports lovers. With a length of 32 feet, the pool is spacious enough for a game of Volleyball with your entire family or friends. And with a depth of 52 inches, your kids can join the fun too.
The pool set includes an economical and low-maintenance sand pump to filter your water.
- Color: Gray
- Brand Summer Waves
- Material Alloy Steel, Metal
- Color Gray
- Shape Rectangular
About this item:
- SUMMER FUN: Splash the day away in the comfort and privacy of your own backyard with this above ground frame pool that features a dark gray wicker pattern design to match any outdoor furniture and decor
- FAMILY SIZED: This family-sized rectangular pool measures 32 foot by 16 foot by 52 inches deep
- DURABLE DESIGN: Made of a durable triple-layer polyester mesh and a durable rust-resistant metal frame that will stand up to heavy use and the elements
- INCLUDED: Includes 12 inch 110/120V sand filter pump, pool cover, 4-step ladder, ground cloth, and maintenance kit
- SPECIFICATIONS: Water Capacity: 14,921 gallons; Dimensions: 32 feet x 16 feet x 52 inches
Bestway 56545E Steel Pro Rectangular Frame Above Ground Pool
If you’re getting an above ground pool, especially for your kids, the Bestway 56545E offers longevity even with prolonged exposure to the sun. If that’s not enough, the side walls are reinforced with an additional two layers of heavy gauge PVC for the ultimate protection. It also has the safest and easy-to-install options.
- Brand Bestway
- Material Alloy Steel
- Color Blue
- Item Weight 23.8 Pounds
About this item:
- ENDLESS SUMMER FUN: Kids and adults of all ages can enjoy swimming and splashing in Bestway’s Steel Pro Above Ground Pool. It’s the affordable alternative to a more complicated steel-walled pool, yet it provides durability and stability greater than inflatable pool options; Disclaimer: Please review your HOA rules and restrictions before purchasing this product. Not all housing agencies permit private above-ground pools
- SUPERIOR FRAME DESIGN: The pool frame is applied with a rust and corrosion-resistant coating to protect the pool from UV and abrasion damage
- BUILT TO LAST: Extra strong sidewalls are made with 3 separate layers of material. The inner layer of polyester mesh is laminated to the 2 outer heavy gauge PVC layers
- EASY DRAINING: Built-in flow control drain valve makes it easy to drain water away from the pool by attaching to a garden hose, saving your lawn
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE POOL SET: Easy to set up and easy to take down for off-season storage; No tools are required to install this above ground pool in your backyard; Filter pump is not included; Dimensions (L x W x H): 7.25 x 4.9 x 1.4 feet
Jleisure Avenli 17818 Backyard Above Ground Rectangular Steel Frame Pool
This is the ideal option for when you want a pool that’s easy and fast to assemble or disassemble. It’s great for when you want to relax, but too small for exercise.
It has typical features—heavy-gauge PVC walls, patch kit, and steel frame. The downsides include only a six months warranty, and the pool pump needs to be bought separately.
- Brand JLeisure
- Material Alloy Steel, Metal, Polyvinyl Chloride
- Capacity 800 Gallons
About this item:
- RECTANGULAR ABOVE GROUND POOL: Metal frame, above-ground pool provides a space to swim, splash, and have fun with friends and family all summer long; Capacity: 2-3 people
- STURDY METAL FRAME: I-frame metal provide strong support with a rust-resistant design for lasting use; Dimensions (L x W x D): 102 x 72 x 26 inches
- DURABLE POOL WALLS: 3-layer LamTech laminated polyester mesh and heavy-gauge PVC provide pool walls with durability; Water capacity (90-percent): Approximately 800 gallons
- EASY SETUP: Installs quickly in just 30 minutes with no tools required; Pool pump sold separately, this above ground pool will work with the JLeisure 29P414US 300Gal/H Cartridge Pump (not included)
- REPAIR KIT: Repair kit included for any wear and tear that may occur over time; Manufacturer warranty: 6-month warranty
Best Rectangle Above Ground Pool Buying Guide For 2022-2023
How to Install an Intex Rectangular Pool?
Installing an Intex rectangular pool is easy, and you can do it yourself with these simple steps.
Step #1. Make sure the ground is leveled.
Step #2. The pool set comes with a canvas or what’s referred to as a ground cloth. Set that out across the leveled surface.
Step #3. Lay out your liners and begin sticking the upper wall poles through the holes labeled A, B, C, and so on. You’ll start on one end and push it through to the other.
Step #4. Next, you need to fix the legs by attaching them to the poles you inserted. The lock-in mechanism with the push button should make this easy to do.
Step #5. Each leg has a sleeve that attaches to a pool lining sleeve. Use the plastic rods provided to connect the legs sleeve to the pool lines sleeves.
Step #6. Fill up your pool. The sides may look curved at first, but they’ll become more upright as the pool fills.
Step #7. Using the instructions provided by the manufacturer, you need to install the filter to keep your pool clean. And that’s it. You’re done.
Choosing the Right Above Rectangular Ground Pool:
A large pool is great, but remember, pool size is not the only determining factor when making a purchase. The material used, features offered, and safety also matters. And since these vary from product to product, here is a list of pool types available.
Types of Above Ground Rectangular Pools:
The most common above ground rectangular pool types are:
- Inflatable above ground rectangular pools
- Steel frame above ground rectangular pools
- Traditional above ground rectangular pools
- Inflatable Above Ground Rectangular Pools
This is by far the easiest and least expensive pool to buy and erect. All you need is a wind pump to inflate the pool and add water with a hose. Most are made with PVC or Polyvinyl Chloride, which is the third-most widely produced synthetic plastic. It’s a stretchy material with a smooth surface, so you don’t have to worry about scrapes.
The major downside is that inflatable pools are small and usually only ideal for toddlers. They’re also tricky to drain and clean because the equipment provided tends to be insufficient for the volume of water. And lastly, if you accidentally tear the wall, well, there goes your pool since there’s no fixing it.
Steel Frame Above Ground Rectangular Pools:
This variety of above ground rectangular pools is a much sturdier alternative. It’s a little time-consuming to set up, but the trade-off is you get a much larger pool with depth so you can actually get some swimming done. It’s also easier to share with a lot of people.
The frame is usually made from highly durable corrosion-resistant steel held together by easy-to-fit but strong connections. It’s doubtful you’ll ever have to worry about leakages.
However, you may need to spend some money on a better pump and filter to keep the pool clean if the ones provided aren’t adequate. And you can’t leave them out year-round if you experience harsh winters.
Traditional Above Ground Rectangular Pools:
Traditional above ground rectangular pools are more permanent. They can’t be disassembled and reassembled like the pools as mentioned above. If you’re looking to keep a pool in your lawn or backyard throughout the year, these are a good option and cost-friendly compared to inground pools.
However, installing one will require professional help because it requires some groundwork, leveling, and setting up electrical connections for the pool’s cleaning technology, such as pumps and filters.
And since they’re meant to be permanent fixtures, you may need permission from your landlord or the town before installing one.
Before You Purchase an Above Ground Rectangular Pool
Ready to own a pool?
Consider the following questions before purchasing an above ground rectangular swimming pool.
What is a Good Size Rectangular Pool?
You don’t want to purchase a pool that takes up your entire backyard. Equally, you don’t want one that’s too small to be enjoyed.
When selecting a pool size, consider how much space is available in your backyard and whether you wish to reserve an area for other activities. If activities are not a concern, ensure there is at least 2-3 feet of room around the pool to walk around.
Size also matters because as recreational as a swimming pool may be, it also serves other purposes, such as exercise. And you wouldn’t want to invest in a pool if it doesn’t meet your needs, do you?
Whether you want to share with family and friends, swim, exercise, or just chill, consider purpose and function rather than aesthetics.
If you’re getting a pool to share with your friends or exercise, you’ll need to invest in a large-sized pool. However, if all you want is a cool relaxation spot for those sweltering summer days, then you’ll be better off with a small rectangle above ground pool.
What Level of Installation Expertise Do You Have?
No matter what pool type you purchase, you will need a flat ground. If your yard is not level, can you do it yourself, or will you need help?
Other questions you need to ask yourself are:
- Do you have the confidence and know-how to install the pool?
- If not, do you have the budget to pay for professional help?
- Your answers should help you determine which kind of pool to buy.
How Frequently Will You Use The Above Ground Rectangular Pool?
If you’re not going to use your pool regularly, it’s pointless to set up a structure that’s permanent or takes too long to erect, fill, drain, and disassemble.
You won’t get your money’s worth either if the pool will only be used for a few days in a year.
It only makes sense to purchase an elaborate steel-framed pool if you’re going to use it every day and for swimming, no less. Otherwise, you’re better off with an easy-to-setup inflatable or foldable PVC pool. They’re low maintenance, portable, and quickly assembled and disassembled.
What Time Constraints Do You Have?
Do you have the time to maintain or clean the pool regularly? If not, you should buy one equipped with technology that takes care of most of it for you, such as setup and draining.
Some above-ground pools come equipped with drainage valves, filtration systems, pool covers, and rust-resistant materials. All of these features will reduce the amount of effort you need to put into the pool’s upkeep.
Before buying a pool, consider how much time you’re willing to spend on maintenance.
What Warranty Period Should You Opt For?
The warranty duration you get can vary with both the pool type and the manufacturer. If you’re investing top dollar into an exquisite above ground pool with safety features, extended durability, superior material strength, and technology for cleaning, it makes sense to get a longer coverage period for it.
Remember to read up on all the reviews and check the manufacturer’s terms, conditions, and warranty period.
Rectangular Pools Vs. Round Pools:
When browsing above ground pools, you’ll notice they largely fall into two categories—round and rectangular.
What’s the difference, right? Aside from the shape, that is. Here’s everything you need to know!
Rectangular Above Ground Pools:
There are a variety of sizes available for above ground pools, but here are some of the most common ones:
- 32ft X 16ft X 52 inches
- 24ft X 12ft X 52 inches
- 18ft X 9ft X 52 inches
Round Above Ground Pools:
- A perfectly circular or oval round pool can come in any of the following sizes (diameter): 12ft, 15ft, 18ft, 21ft, 24ft, and 32ft.
Pros and Cons of Rectangular Pools:
- Larger in length, so ideal for lap swimming.
- Accessories such as pool covers are easier to find.
- More esthetically pleasing.
- Due to its length, a rectangular pool occupies more of your yard.
- Tends to cost more than round pools.
Pros and Cons of Round Pools:
- Fits better into the landscape by offering the same swimming area but taking up less space.
- Easier to set up and usually cheaper.
- Less practical for exercise and more ideal for play.
- Difficult to find accessories or features because of the unique dimensions of each pool, varying with brand.
Final Thoughts For First-Time Pool Owners:
Above ground pools are awesome, irrespective of size. However, a backyard pool can quickly become an inconvenience if bought on impulse and without due consideration of features.
Don’t let that happen to you! Keep our guide to some of the best above ground rectangular swimming pools available on the market today, and sensibly pick what’s best for you and your family! Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Rectangle Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Vinyl Works Above Ground Swimming Pool Resin Deck Kit
- Best Pool Slide For Your Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Summer Waves vs Intex Pools Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Pool Safety For Kids Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Above Ground Pool Heaters Everything You Need To Know Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Can Dogs Go In A Pool? Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Pool Umbrella Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Top Swimming Pool Fountain Review Guide For 2022-2023
- 2020 Top Rated Above Ground Pools
- Hot Tubs and Spas
- Above Ground Pools With Decks
- Top 4 Best Pool Heater Reviews
- Above Ground and In-Ground Pool Liners