Best Pumps For Hot Tub Draining Review Guide For 2023
Best Pumps For Hot Tub Draining Review Guide For 2023 – As you may already know, draining a hot tub must be done every 3 to 4 months, depending on your usage rate, water quality, and other factors. Not everyone has the time or patience to wait for hours to completely drain a tub using its drain plug or garden hose. The good news is there are a couple of ways to drain a hot tub that can be used in addition to the drain plug or be combined with other hot tub draining methods for maximum efficiency.
For this reason, we’ve come up with the best pumps for hot tub draining that you can use to speed things up. To see our picks keep reading our Best Pumps For Hot Tub Draining Review Guide For 2023.
Best Overall: Aquapro Water Removal Pump
Our top pick for the best pumps for draining hot tub is the Aquapro Water Removal Pump. This pump is completely submersible and has a 1/3 HP pump that can remove up to 30 gallons of water per minute.
If you have an Intex PureSpa that has a capacity of 210 gallons, then you just need to wait for 7 minutes to completely drain your tub.
The AquaPro is also equipped with a sensor to automatically turn the pump off when the spa has been emptied. Since you don’t have to check on the pump while it’s on, you can use this time to clean your tub’s filter or get started on scrubbing the hot tub cover.
- Oil-free technology for eco-friendly design
- Simple installation for quick set up
- Quickly removes excess and rainwater from pool cover
- Completely submersible
- Includes 25-foot cord
Superior Pump 91025 Submersible Utility Pump
For those looking for a durable and affordable pump, then the Superior Pump 91025 Submersible Utility Pump is the perfect choice.
It comes with a 1/2 HP motor that can drain up to 26 gallons of water per minute. You can use a standard garden hose with this pump since it comes with a 3/4″ adapter.
With its current price, it’s one of the best value submersible pumps today since it’s made from quality materials with an efficient solid copper motor.
- 1/5 HP Utility pump moves up to 1,560 gallons per hour; pump will lift water up to 25′ of vertical height
- Tough thermoplastic construction; 10′ cord length
- Large 1-1/4 inch NPT discharge for high capacity pumping; includes 3/4 inch garden hose adapter
- Removable suction screen and handles up to 1/8 inch solids
- Superior Pumps are Built to Last, engineered with quality components and are 100% factory tested
Wayne WaterBug Submersible Pump
The Wayne WaterBug Submersible Pump is a powerful submersible pump equipped with Multi-Flo technology which makes it one of the best pumps for draining hot tubs or simply for removing water for your pool or basement.
It removes about 21 gallons of water per minute and should do quick work in removing all the water in your tub. To make it more useful, the pump has been fitted with a multi-ring suction strainer that helps filter debris.
- The pump should be unplugged once the water is no longer being moved, or pump will run dry.
- Assembled in the US with foreign and domestic parts
- Multi-flo technology allows easy selection of the appropriate discharge for the application
- Top discharge is perfect for tight spaces where water removal is needed; window wells, buckets, etc.
- Side discharge is ideal for easy water removal from flat open surfaces: flat roofs, flooded basements, standing water in yard, shower stalls, etc
- 30 ft. Max head.; removes water down to 1/16 in. Of surface, virtually dry. For removing water from flooded basements, boats, stock tanks, and even a 5 gallon bucket
- Max. Flow rate is 1257 gallons per hour: 900 gph at 10 ft; 3/4 in. Corrosion Resistant Brass discharge outlets, with tethered cap seals, fits any standard garden hose
- Eliminate standing water in your yard, and the risk to attract mosquitos. Use the WaterBUG to stop the bugs!
Professional EZ Travel Collection Submersible Drain Pump
This versatile pump is made from thermoplastic to make it corrosion-resistant. The Professional EZ Travel Collection Submersible Drain Pump has a 400-watt motor that can pump up to 33 gallons per minute.
It comes with a 1-½-inch drain hose that is 25 feet long and a hose clamp that makes it easy to attach and detach. It also has a handle incorporated into its design that makes it easy to carry or hang in your storage room.
- UP TO 2,000 GPH – This new automatic submersible drain pump from EZ Travel Collection is capable of pumping up to 2,000 gallons of dirty water an hour. Complete with a drain hose, hose clamp, and automatic float switch shutoff feature, this pump takes the hard work out of pool maintenance.
- 400 WATT MOTOR – Rated at horsepower, this transfer pump drains a hot tub in minutes. The pump requires little work to operate and is completely submersible. The removable and adjustable spigot makes pump maintenance simple.
- COMPLETELY SUBMERSIBLE – Easy to operate, this automatic sump pump is completely submersible. The overheat prevention mechanism automatically shuts it off when the water line becomes too low to feed the pump.
- PORTABLE AND RELIABLE – This EZ Travel Collection submersible drain pump combines portability, reliability, and power. With strong impact-resistant casting, our new streamlined design includes a durable and convenient carry handle.
- DIMENSIONS – Pump: 12.5″ x 6″ x 6″ (L x W x H). Drain Hose Length: 25′ Drain Hose Diameter: 1-1/2″
Green Expert 203618 1/4HP Submersible Utility Pump
The Green Expert Submersible Utility Pump has a 1/4 HP motor that has thermal overload protection and is designed to last for years.
It has the ability to remove 26.5 gallons of water per minute and comes with a long 25-foot power cord which is best for those hot tub owners who set up their tubs in their backyard. You can use a ¾-inch garden hose on this pump. For a 600-gallon hot tub, it should only take about 22 minutes to drain using this highly-efficient submersible pump.
- ☘【Efficient Water Pump】- High efficient PSC motor with pure copper wire produces 1/4 HP output power, it ensures the stronger power conversion but lower power consumption than others. This item has the ability to lift water up to max. 27.8 feet of vertical height. Max. Flow rate is 1585 gallons per hour at zero feet, 21.5 gallons per minute at 10 ft of discharge lift.
- ☘【Simple Plug-in Operation】- The pump will be directly running when power on, can remove water level down to 0.2”. Designed for quick water draining in flooded area, water tanks, swimming pools, basement, hot tub or garden pond etc. You can use it with our garden hose nozzle for car wash, Plants watering, pets shower as well.
- ☘【Easy to install & use】- Item weight: 8.3lb. The 25 feet long grounded waterproof cord with portable handle allows convenient installation from farther position, no more trouble for dealing with extension cords! Discharge Fittings: 2 *plastic adapters, 1-1/4 inch for high capacity pumping and 3/4 inch for connecting to standard garden hoses.
- ☘【Green and Tough Design】- Environmental and ergonomics appearance can comfortably fit in your house and garden, quiet running. Full corrosion-resistant and reinforced thermoplastic construction with thermal overload protection for continuous duty use in water removal application.
- ☘【Safety Ensure and Customer First】- Passed by UL certification with 100% manufacturer tested. For any question, please don’t hesitate to write to us through our storefront and click “ask a question”, or support email to us, we will respond within 24 hours.
Best Alternative: Using A Shop Vac Siphon
Even though it is not that fast compared to using submersible pumps when it comes to draining your tub, using a wet/dry shop vacuum is still a better option compared to draining with just a garden hose.
Put one end of your vacuum hose into the tub, and connect the other end to your vacuum. Turn its power on for a few seconds until the flow starts moving. You can turn off the vacuum and disconnect the hose from it so that the water can continue flowing out of the tub. While waiting for the water to drain, you can start cleaning the floor and seats of your tub with your vacuum’s wand.
With its larger hose diameter, it’s more efficient in getting water out of your tub than your regular garden hose. Once the tub’s water level is low enough that the siphon isn’t getting any water out, you must hook the vacuum hose back up to your wet/dry vacuum to remove the last remaining water from your hot tub.
- Best-in-class suction power and air flow easily tackles tough jobs around the jobsite, shop, or in the Garage (400 air watts, 150 CFM, and 64 in. Water Lift)
- Integrated hose, accessory and power cord organization provide space saving, convenient and hassle-free storage
- Includes 7 ft. X 2-1/2 in. Kink resistant hose, utility nozzle, crevice tool, (2) extension wands, floor nozzle with squeegee & brush, fine dust cartridge filter, foam filter, and air & noise diffuser
- Over 27 ft. Of cleaning reach (7 foot hose and 20 foot power cord) allows you to reach farther without unplugging the unit
- Large 16-Gallon collection tank with extra-large quick empty liquid drain; quickly converts to a blower for jobsite, shop or Garage cleanup
SeaKlear Spa System Flush, 1 Pint Bottle
This special hot tub cleaner is formulated to break down biofilm and it’s known to cause gross-looking foam to resurface on your tub water. This is not a big deal, since it only means that the product is doing well cleaning out the pipes. Make sure that you let it circulate for at least 20 minutes before you start draining your tub.
- Unique formula super-cleans the inside of Spa and tub plumbing systems
- Removes oily residues and deposits quickly and easily
- Regular use helps prevent deposits from forming on the heating system
- No harsh chemicals!
- Compatible with all spa and whirlpool surfaces
- System flush super-cleans plumbing systems of hot tubs and whirlpool surfaces
- Can be used on all spa and whirlpool surfaces
Best Pumps For Hot Tub Draining Buyers Guide For 2023
Quick Tips Before Draining Your Hot Tub
Since you’re already planning to drain all your tub’s water, you might as well use a plumbing cleaner or a line flush product so that you can have a much more efficient and cleaner system when you refill it later.
Turn Off The Hot Tub:
You need to turn off all hot tub functions and switch it off on your circuit breaker; you don’t want the hot tub’s heater or pump to work while the water level is low. Remove and clean the filter, and gather all the supplies, then you can start draining your hot tub.
A sump pump will drain your hot tub faster than any equipment, but you need to be there when you’re using it to keep an eye on the water level. If your pump continues to run once the tub is empty, the pump’s motor may burn, so you must turn off the pump as soon as the water has been drained.
There are pumps that will get the water down to just a fraction of an inch, while others require a few inches of water to function. Don’t worry, your hot tub’s drain should do the rest and will remove the remaining water out of your tub.
Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Pumps For Hot Tub Draining Review Guide For 2023.
Vinyl Works Above Ground Swimming Pool Resin Deck Kit
- Best Pool Slide For Your Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2023
- Summer Waves vs Intex Pools Review Guide For 2023
- Pool Safety For Kids Review Guide For 2023
- Best Above Ground Pool Heaters Everything You Need To Know Review Guide For 2023
- Can Dogs Go In A Pool? Review Guide For 2023
- Best Pool Umbrella Review Guide For 2023
- Top Swimming Pool Fountain Review Guide For 2023
- 2020 Top Rated Above Ground Pools
- Hot Tubs and Spas
- Above Ground Pools With Decks
- Top 4 Best Pool Heater Reviews
- Above Ground and In-Ground Pool Liners