Best Pool Pump Timers Review Guide For 2023
Best Pool Pump Timers Review Guide For 2023 – Join the millions that have trusted SimplyFunPools.com to help them make smarter buying decisions.
Let our independent expert reviews and data-driven shopping recommendations help you find the Best Pool Pump Timer that’s right for you.
A pool timer, or pool pump timer, is a crucial device if you want to keep your pool clean without a high electricity bill. Also a pool pump timer is an essential device if you’re looking to keep your pool clean and reduce your electricity bill.
Without a timer, your pump keeps running throughout the day, costing you a hefty amount at the end of the month. Picking the right timer can require some work, but it’s worth it because it saves you multiple trips to and back from your pool, turning your filter pump on and off.
After exploring several websites and assessing 35 different pump timers, our team has come up with a list of the best pool pump timers available based on their features and functionality.
Among the 7 presented products, the Aube by Honeywell TI040/U 7-Day Programmable Timer takes the prize. This model comes with weather-proof lockable casing and provides simple 7-day programming.
It also has the added feature of a memory backup, which means that you don’t have to program your device again and again. We have also included 6 other devices on our list of the best timers for pool pumps to help you make an informed decision.
Be it a digital pool pump timer or a mechanical one – the most important feature people look for is durability. Most products we reviewed, either have a freeze/heat protection to prevent it from damages when working in extreme temperatures or at least a waterproof case to cover the timer.
Additionally, we prioritized devices with multiple operating modes so that users can program the timer as they want without having to fiddle with the settings several times a day manually. For this article, our team has spent more than 60 hours to come up with the best information for you.
You can find everything you need to make your choice easier in detailed reviews of each product and our comprehensive buying guide.
So what are you waiting for to see our picks inside our Best Pool Pump Timers Review Guide For 2023.
Editor’s Choice:Aube by Honeywell TI040/U 7-Day Programmable Timer
The first pool pump timer on our list is the Aube by Honeywell TI040/U 7-Day Programmable Timer. It’s the Editor’s Choice thanks to its spectacular features.
This timer has 7-day programming with up to 14 settings and comes with three different modes – manual, automatic, and temporary bypass that enables override without affecting the programming.
The pool pump can run for 16 hours every day, which means not only will you save electricity, but you also will recover the cost of the timer within 2 years. It also provides a selectable voltage switch that enables you to choose between 120 and 240V, depending on what voltage you use and also has a battery backup option.
However, this timer can’t control several devices independently, and also you can’t mix 120 and 240V devices. Still, it is compatible with 3-way switches. With a heavy-duty casing and a three-year warranty, the Aube Programmable Timer just might be the best 1.5 HP pool pump timer on the market.
- Electrical ratings:
1.5 HP, 120, V, 30 A (resistive) / 2 HP, 240, V, 30 A (resistive)
- manual, automatic, temporary bypass modes
- 9.4 x 7.2 x 3.8 in.
- 7-day programming
- compatible with 3-way switches
- weather-proof lockable casing
- selectable voltage
- battery backup
- Color Black
- Brand Honeywell Home
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 5.19 x 3.86 x 9.29 inches
- Item Weight 1.5 Pounds
About this item:
- Heavy-duty weather-proof casing (Nema 3R) ideal for outdoor use, pool pumps, outdoor equipment, construction sites, etc. Use the TI040 to run your pool pump for 16-hours a day instead of 24 and recover energy efficient costs.
- Selectable voltage switch enables choice of 120V or 240V
- Lockable casing for increased security
- Temporary bypass enables override without affecting programming. Three-operating modes: Manual (conventional on and off switch), Automatic, and Temporary bypass!
- 3-Way input for a remote switch. Connection: Terminals for No.14 to No.10 AWG wire, multi switch (3-way) compatible, 1.5 HP 120-Volt 30-Ampere (resistive), 10-Ampere (ballast), 2 HP 240-Volt 30-Ampere (resistive), 10-Ampere (ballast)
- Programming protected during power outages for 30 days! Programable for 7-days, up to 14-settings!
- 7-day programming and 3 different modes
- Battery backup
- Weather-proof lockable casing
- Can’t control several devices independently
Best Value:Woods 50015WD Outdoor 7-Day Heavy-Duty Digital Plug-in Timer
If you’re looking for an affordable pool timer that gives you flexibility in terms of settings, then look no further because the Woods 50015WD Outdoor 7-Day Heavy-Duty Digital Plug-in Timer is the perfect choice for you!
This 7-day programmable timer with a digital display offers 3 different modes – a digital timer, random setting, and countdown timer, which means you can personalize your settings for each day, or for weekdays and weekends differently – whatever you find it feasible.
Apart from this, the timer can work with various appliances, including fountains, heaters and pool heat pumps. The best part? It comes with a smart self-charging backup that can retain your settings, so in case of a power outage, you won’t have to worry about resetting it.
However, some users have complained that the cord is really short, so it can be difficult to reach the socket. With a hard body and a heavy-duty timer cover, this Woods 50015WD Timer is one of the most durable timers out there.
- 15 A, 125 V, 60 Hz, 1875 W
- digital timer, random setting and countdown timer
- 2 x 6.5 x 8 in.
- 7-day programming
- self-charging backup
- weather-proof casing
- 2 mounting holes
- 2 grounded outlets
- Operation Mode ON-OFF-ON
- Current Rating 15 Amps
- Operating Voltage 125 Volts (AC)
- Contact Type Normally Open
- Connector Type Plug In
- Brand Woods
- Switch Style Push Button Switch
- Terminal Spst
- Material Plastic
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 2 x 6.5 x 8 inches
About this item:
- THREE TIMING FEATURES: The timer features a digital timer, a random setting, and a countdown timer.
- PRECISION PROGRAMMING: The digital timer allows to-the-minute programming. Each day can be programmed differently than the next, or you can program the weekends differently than the weekdays.
- HEAVY DUTY: The outdoor timer was specifically designed for heavy duty appliances such as pool pumps, fountains, or heaters.
- SELF-CHARGING BACKUP: You don’t have to worry about resetting the timer after a power outage. The self-charging backup will retain the settings.
- To clear the memory press the R button with a tooth pick to erase any previous setting
- More flexible in terms of settings
- Smart self-charging backup
- Suitable for various appliances
- Cord could be longer
Premium Pick:Intermatic P1353ME 3-Circuit Pool/Spa Digital Time Switch
Are you planning to upgrade to a pool pump digital timer from a manual one? Or do you simply need a reliable model? Look no further, because the P1353ME 3-Circuit Pool/Spa Digital Time Switch is the ideal candidate for any job.
This amazing pool pump timer comes with 7 preprogrammed modes and has a 7-day programming feature. This heavy-duty appliance can control both single and two-speed pumps as well as cleaner/booster pumps.
The countdown and override features enable it to be used manually when needed and automatically resumed without requiring the user to reprogram the system.
Apart from this, it has 3 circuits with 3 on/off buttons and a multi-voltage input and output, so you can choose between 120V and 240V.
The clear LCD display and freeze/heat protection features are two added benefits. However, it comes with a 30-day return period only, so if you face an issue after this, you’ll have to get it fixed yourself.
- 17 A, 120 / 240 V, 50 / 60 Hz, up to 3 HP pumps
- 7 preprogrammed modes
- 12.5 x 7.2 x 4.4 in.
- 30-day return period
- 7-day programming
- LCD display
- 3 timed circuits
- freeze and overheat protection
- works with 2-speed pumps
- Color Black
- Brand Intermatic
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- Item Weight 1.6 Pounds
About this item:
- Easiest way to upgrade to digital
- Designed for aftermarket retrofit applications
- 3 timed circuits
- Up to 3 HP
- LCD display
- Works with single and two-speed pumps
- Freeze and overheat protection
- Dual voltage and three circuits
- Only 30-day return period
Best Mechanical Pump Timer:BN-LINK Compact Outdoor Mechanical Timer
The fourth option on our list is the BN-LINK Compact Outdoor Mechanical Timer. You can automate your pool pump with this easy-to-use timer.
It can be programmed with 15-minute intervals in a 24-hour period – a total of 48 on/off settings per day. Also, you don’t have to worry about setting it every 6-10 hours; the timer will repeat your personalized settings daily. This waterproof timer comes with a cover that protects it from severe weather conditions.
Moreover, it has no loose parts; even the pins for setting the schedule are built-in around the dial. This means you don’t have to worry about losing anything. It’s ETL listed and UL certified.
However, some people said that the distance between the two outlets is quite narrow. On the other hand, while it made of high-quality materials, the BN-LINK Compact Outdoor Mechanical Timer is a durable and long-lasting timer that will stay with you for years.
- 125 V, 60 Hz, 15 A, 1875 W, 0.5 HP pumps
- 15-minute intervals in a 24 hours period (48 on/off settings total per day)
3 x 2.2 x 11.5 in.
- 15-months extended warranty
- 2 grounded outlets
- waterproof case
- ETL listed
- UL certified
- easy to use
- No specs at this time
About this item:
- ✓ EASY TO USE: The mechanical timer is programmable in 15 minute intervals with 48 setting options in a 24 hours period. Total 48 ON/OFF setting per day. Repeats schedule daily with personal setting.
- ✓ SAFE AND GREAT FOR OUTDOORS: Both products are both waterproof. The mechanical timer (U58) is rated 125V, 60Hz, 15A Max, 1875W Resistive or General Purpose, 8A Tungsten Lamp, 1/2HP, TV-5 and is ETL listed, conforms to UL Std. Smart Wifi plug is rated 15 A, 125 V, 1875 W.
- ✓ EFFORTLESS TO CONNECT: Please ensure that you are connecting the Smart plug outlet on a 2.4g network! Use the Tuya Smart app or the Smart Life app to easily connect the device to your wifi! Connect with AP mode when you are having trouble connecting our smart plug to your router.
- ✓SMART AND WIRELESS: No hub required with energy monitoring and timer function! Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant (Alexa or Google Home device sold separately)
- ✓ VERSATILE USES: Two 3-prong grounded outlets (U58)/Three 3-prongs grounded outlets (U130T) for use with devices like Christmas lights, fountain timers, pool pumps, patio and yard lights, as well as holiday decorations.
- Easy to use
- Comes with 2 grounded outlets and a waterproof cover
- The distance between outlets could be wider
Best Outdoor Pool Pump Timer: GE 24-Hour Indoor/Outdoor Mechanical Time Switch
The GE 24-Hour Indoor/Outdoor Mechanical Time Switch is an all-in-one timer that will make your life easier. It’s a 24-hour programmable timer that comes with a pair of on/off trippers and also has slots for additional trippers.
Its single pole, single throw design is very easy to install and is ideal for 120V pool pumps. Thanks to heavy-duty rust-proof metal, this timer is weather-resistant and is also lockable to prevent tampering.
All the internal components are of high quality, and electrical connections are at par. This timer can be used both indoors and outdoors. However, not everyone was satisfied with this product because it had arrived damaged.
Despite the poor quality control, the GE 24-Hour Indoor/Outdoor Mechanical Time Switch has everything that you could possibly ask for in a timer.
- 120 V, 40 A resistive, 20A ballast (inductive), 5HP, 40 A
- manual override, several settings per day
- 5.2 x 6.5 x 9.7 in.
- rust-proof and lockable metal construction
- single pole
- single-throw design
- Operation Mode ON-OFF-ON
- Operating Voltage 120 Volts
- Connector Type Screw
- Brand GE home electrical
- Switch Style Metal
- Terminal Spst
- Material Metal
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 5.22 x 6.46 x 9.7 inches
- Circuit Type 1-way
- Mounting Type Pole
About this item:
- Outdoor Timer – Heavy-duty, rain-tight, rust-proof metal construction designed to withstand the elements is lockable to resist tampering
- Ideal Use – Powers 120VAC fans, pumps, pool heaters, AC units, heating and ventilation systems, and more for a wide range of uses
- Daily Cycle – Schedule ON/OFF events with easy-set trippers – 1 pair of ON/OFF trippers included; additional trippers can be installed for several settings
- Installation – Convenient screw terminals hold wires securely and compatible with single-pole single-throw switches to support a variety of setups
- Electrical Ratings – 120VAC, 40A resistive/general purpose, 20A ballast (inductive), 5HP, 40 AMP, 3 Watts MAX
- Weather-resistant lockable housing
- Easy to install and use
- High-quality materials
- Poor quality control
Easiest to Install:Intermatic P1121 Heavy-Duty Outdoor Timer
Designed especially for outdoor settings, the P1121 Heavy-Duty Outdoor Timer is the ideal timer for pool pumps. This grounded plug-in timer comes with a flip-open enclosure to protect it from the weather.
Additionally, the timer has removable trippers that allow 2 on/off settings per day with a 30-minute minimum interval, but this can be increased with additional trippers that you will have to purchase separately.
Instead of the traditional 3-way switches, it has a grounded standard or locking type NEMA plug that means it can be plugged directly into the wall.
It’s designed to bear harsh weather conditions and is very easy to use. It comes with a manual override ON/OFF switch, a waterproof cover, and a 12-Inch grounded cord.
However, several users have complained that this timer is not as durable as others. Still, it can be a great option if you are planning to use it with the pool pump only.
- 15 A, 1800 W, 120 V, 60Hz
- 2 on/off settings per day (minimum 30-min intervals), manual override
- 3.8 x 7 x 5.5 in.
- comes with two sets of pins to set the timer
- waterproof cover
- 12-inch grounded cord
- plugs directly into wall outlet
- Color Black
- Brand Intermatic
- Material Multi
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 3.8 x 7 x 5.5 inches
- Item Weight 1.2 Pounds
About this item:
- Designed specifically for outdoor applications, dynamic weather conditions and ease of use
- Controls pool pumps, water fountains, yard/patio/landscape/holiday/LED/CFL lighting, signs, fans, engine block heaters, heavy duty appliances and more
- To use, insert a green pin for the start time and a red pin for the end time
- Ships with 2 sets of pins for 2 ON/OFF settings per day, and a grounded 3-prong plug and receptacle
- Ratings: 15 A, 1, 800 W, 120 V, 60Hz – CSA Certified, 1 Year
- Has a manual override ON/OFF switch, a waterproof cover and a 12-Inch grounded cord
- Plugs directly into the wall socket
- Waterproof cover
- Easy to adjust the settings
- Less durable as compared to others
Best 220V Pool Pump Timer:Woods 59104RWD Outdoor 24-Hour Heavy-Duty Mechanical Time Switch
The last option on our list is the Woods 59104RWD Outdoor 24-Hour Heavy-Duty Mechanical Time Switch. It’s one of the best 220V pool pump timers you can find.
Mounted in the industrial-grade NEMA 3R lockable metal enclosure, this timer is ideal for outdoor settings. It has a heavy-duty gear train with pins that cannot be removed.
You can program up to 24 on/off settings per 24 hours, and these can be repeated daily. This helps reduce energy usage, and hence, your electricity bill will decrease as well.
Its single pole and single throw design makes it easy to install and use. This timer includes convenient 1/2-Inch and 3/4-Inch knockouts for conduit entry/exit.
However, some users have complained that the timer is a bit noisy. Overall, you can say that the Woods 59104RWD Outdoor 24-Hour Heavy-Duty Mechanical Time Switch offers good value for money.
- 208-277 V, 60 Hz, 40 A general/resistive, 40 A tungsten, 20A ballast, 2 HP pumps
- up to 24 on/off settings per day with non-removable pins
- 3.8 x 6.5 x 9.2 in.
- 30-day return period
- lockable metal box,
- convenient 1/2-inch
- 3/4-inch knockouts
- Color Gray
- Brand WOODS
- Material Metal
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 3.75 x 6.5 x 9.25 inches
About this item:
- Program up to 24 ON/OFF settings per day, repeats daily
- Ideal for outdoor lighting and signs, water heaters, spas and pool heaters, heating and air conditioning, and other heavy-duty applications
- Industrial-grade NEMA 3R lockable metal box with 1/2in and 3/4in knockouts
- Heavy duty gear train with pins that cannot be removed
- 208-277Vac, 60Hz, DPST, 40A General/Resistive, 40A Tungsten, 20A Ballast, 1000VA Pilot Duty, 2Hp (24FLA)
- Includes convenient 1/2-Inch and 3/4-Inch knockouts for conduit entry/exit
- Double pole single throw Industrial-grade timer with lockable metal box for protection
- Lockable metal box
- Convenient 1/2-inch and 3/4-inch knockouts
- 24 on/off settings per 24 hours
- Can be a bit noisy
Best Pool Pump Timers Buying Guide For 2023
Things to Consider:
With so many products available on the market, it can be quite time-consuming to find the right pool pump timer. After extensive research, we were able to compile a list of the top 7 pool pump timers to make things much easier for you.
There are many factors and product features that you need to consider before you buy one. We have included them in this section of the article, so make sure to read it carefully, and you will be able to get the perfect appliance for your pool!
Advantages of using a pool pump timer:
A pool pump is one of the largest energy-consuming appliances. Therefore, you can sit around turning switches on and off the whole day and maybe even overnight, or you can save yourself the effort and buy a pool pump timer.
Although it’s recommended that you filter your pool water at least once in 24 hours, it doesn’t mean that the pump needs to run all day. By installing a pool pump, you can restrict your pump usage to a few hours during the day and hence reduce your energy costs.
Apart from this, devices like the Woods 50015WD Outdoor 7-Day Heavy-Duty Digital Plug-in Timer also extend your pump’s life and prevent scale buildup in pool heaters by giving these machines only a few hours off each day.
With the help of a pool pump timer, you can go on short vacations and come back to a clean, sparkling pool without having to worry about your electricity bill going through the roof.
How to find the best pool pump timer?
Choosing a pool pump timer isn’t difficult if you know what you are looking for. Although it isn’t a decision of a lifetime, you want to think about it carefully.
If you want to invest in a pump timer that would last for years without causing any trouble, you need to do your research before you buy one. There are certain factors that you need to consider before you get a pool pump.
Each of these will be discussed in detail below to help you find the best pool pump timer – one that meets all your requirements.
There are two types of pool pump timers: mechanical and digital.
A mechanical pump timer follows the same principles as your grandfather’s old clock – it’s full of springs and gear, and it will run forever until you stop it.
Although mechanical timers, such as the BN-LINK Compact Outdoor Mechanical Timer, require you to make the adjustments quite frequently, they are comparatively inexpensive and are designed to last you 5-10 years or even more.
In contrast, a digital timer is like a smartwatch; it comes with many different features, such as wireless control and can manage your other backyard appliances too. However, its complexity makes it a bit tricky to install and adjust.
If you’re looking for something simple to turn your variable speed pool pump on and off every day, then a mechanical timer will do the trick.
However, if you want a high-level of customization along with several options, then a digital timer like the Intermatic P1353ME 3-Circuit Pool/Spa Digital Time Switch is best for you.
Different pool pumps require different voltage/amperes. Usually, they work with either 120V or 240V. Some timers, such as the Aube by Honeywell TI040/U 7-Day Programmable Timer, also have a multi-voltage function that lets you choose between 120V and 240V.
Before you buy a pump timer, we recommend that you check your pump’s HP. The average HP is 1.5. A timer with 1.5 HP will work with 1.5 HP pump unless stated otherwise in the user manual.
Choosing a pool pump timer with a lower HP rating that your pump has can not only lead to non-functionality but can also cause some serious problems such as a short circuit.
All pool pump timers mentioned in the list above come with a variety of features. Although both mechanical and digital timers have the override feature, the mechanical ones are programmable only for 24 hours, whereas digital timers have a 7-day programming feature.
They also tend to have a larger number of different settings as compared to mechanical pump timers.
However, when it comes to ease of use, mechanical timers take the lead. They may not be as pleasing as the digital ones in appearance, but they’re much simpler and easier to operate.
In contrast, digital timers have a lot of different features, such as a random timer, digital timer, and countdown timer, which makes them somewhat trickier to use and program. But it’s not really an issue because, nowadays, all timers come with a user manual for guidance.
Number of sockets:
Almost all pool pump timers that we talked about in the list above come with a single socket, with the exception of the Woods 50015WD Outdoor 7-Day Heavy-Duty Digital Plug-in Timer and the BN-LINK Compact Outdoor Mechanical Timer. These devices have 2 grounded outlets.
Moreover, most of the high-quality pool pump timers have multi-way switching systems, just as seen with the electrical appliances in the US.
When it comes to dimensions, there is no specific rule. Some pool pump timers are large in size while some are small, and this all comes down to the design.
Usually, those with added features, such as more circuits tend to be larger while simple ones are more compact. However, this isn’t always necessary, and smaller ones can have more features too.
The largest timer on our list is the Intermatic P1353ME 3-Circuit Pool/Spa Digital Time Switch, while the smallest one is Woods 50015WD Outdoor 7-Day Heavy-Duty Digital Plug-in Timer.
All pool pump timers designed for outdoor pools, and therefore, these appliances are weather-resistant. Timers, such as the GE 24-Hour Indoor/Outdoor Mechanical Time Switch, come in a lockable metal case that makes them rain-proof, and rust and dust-resistant.
Apart from this, some devices, such as the Intermatic P1121 Heavy-Duty Outdoor Timer, come with a waterproof plastic cover that protects it from harsh weather conditions.
Simply put, all pool pump timers designed for outdoor pools come with adequate weather resistance, so you don’t have to worry about it. However, some users complained that timers claiming to be rust-resistant are actually not that durable, so it’s best to be careful.
Be it a large appliance like a refrigerator or a small one like a pool pump timer – durability is one of the key factors that people usually look for when purchasing any device. After all, if you’re investing in something, that should pay off.
Pool pump timers are tools that you don’t want to replace every year, so when you buy one, you need to make sure it’s durable.
Although all timers mentioned above are quite reliable, some of them, such as the Aube by Honeywell TI040/U 7-Day Programmable Timer, are more long-lasting than the others according to customer reviews.
Ease of installation:
Usually, a pool pump is plugged directly into a power source. A pool pump timer becomes an intermediary between the pump and the power source.
It’s connected to the pump at one end and to the power source at another. Most of the timers we have covered here can be plugged directly into the socket, and some timers, such as the Woods 50015WD Outdoor 7-Day Heavy-Duty Digital Plug-in Timer, have a wall-mounting option as well.
Although manual pool pump timers are comparatively easier to install than digital ones, usually, every timer comes with a user manual now for guidance. We still recommend that you get it installed by a professional to eliminate the risk of damage.
When you invest in a pool pump timer, you expect it to serve you for years – especially if it’s a high-end one. This is why the warranty is important. In case something goes wrong, you can claim the warranty and get it fixed or get a refund by the seller.
Various pool pump timers have different warranty types and periods. Some timers, such as the Woods 59104RWD Outdoor 24-Hour Heavy-Duty Mechanical Time Switch come with a 30-day warranty period only while some have years’ long warranty.
An example of this is the Aube by Honeywell TI040/U 7-Day Programmable Timer that comes with a 3-year warranty. We recommend that you get one with the longer warranty to make sure your device works properly for an extended period.
Perhaps the most important factor for most individuals when buying anything is the price. After all, you don’t want to end up spending a lot of money on one device, especially when you’re on a budget.
Even if that’s not the case, it’s always a good idea to compare prices and features to see which pool pump timer offers greater value for money.
The price range for the timers mentioned in the list above is from $14 to $210, with the least expensive one being the BN-LINK Compact Outdoor Mechanical Timer while the most expensive one is the Intermatic P1353ME 3-Circuit Pool/Spa Digital Time Switch.
However, it’s not necessary that the pricier one’s performance will be better so you should keep other factors in mind as well.
Q: Is it hard to program a pool pump timer?
A: Almost all of the timers we have covered here come with a small user manual, which explains how to set up your timer.
For automatic timers, such as the Intermatic P1353ME 3-Circuit Pool/Spa Digital Time Switch, you simply have to input the time and the day that you prefer the pool pump timer to turn on and off.
Many automatic devices come with multiple operating modes. Once you have figured out the number of modes on your device, you can easily set your digital pump accordingly.
For mechanical devices, the manufacturer provides users with pins that can be placed around the clock dial for whenever the device needs to operate.
Simply place your pins at ‘on’ and ‘off’ clips after loosening these clips with a screwdriver. The timer will operate the pump accordingly at the set time.
Q: Will I need to program the pool pump timer again after power outage?
A: Power outages may result in losing the settings of pool timers.
But don’t worry, because timers like the Woods 50015WD Outdoor 7-Day Heavy-Duty Digital Plug-in Timer are equipped with self-charging batteries that take over as soon as the power’s cut. This helps to retain your original programming.
With a mechanical device, although it stops working when no power is supplied, your settings are retained because the pins set around the dial don’t reset themselves in case of a power outage.
Q: Can I use a more powerful pump with these timers?
A: It’s recommended that you use a timer only with the recommended characteristics for your pump. An average pool pump uses 3.5 kWh annually.
Most timers, including the GE 24-Hour Indoor/Outdoor Mechanical Time Switch, are designed to withstand power in this range. If the instruction manual on your device does specify its usage with more powerful pumps, then you can go ahead and use it.
If not, it’s advised that you refrain from experimenting with your pump and timer. High voltages will cause the fuse to burn out or may lead to much more serious damage, such as a short circuit.
“This is a fantastic pool pump timer for outdoor use that boasts weather-proof casing. It has three programming modes and a battery backup to restore its memory in case of a power outage.”
“If you want to get an inexpensive pool pump timer, check this one. This device allows you to personalize your settings for each day and is compatible with various appliances, such as heaters and fountains.”
“In terms of reliability, it is hard to beat this model. This pool pump timer works with single and two-speed pumps, had dual-voltage feature, and three circuits to ensure its exceptional performance.”
“An amazing mechanical model that will last you for years because it is made of high-quality materials and has a protective cover. It is very easy to use and adjust the settings.”
“To withstand the rigors of weather, you will need a durable product with rain-proof housing. This pool pump timer has it all and also is very simple to install and use.”
“With this pool pump timer, you will avoid the fuss with installation because it plugs directly into the wall socket. Moreover, it has a waterproof cover and is simple to operate.”
“A marvelous 220V pool pump timer that allows you to program up to 24 settings each day. It comes with a lockable metal box with convenient knockouts.”
After extensive research and a thorough comparison of the factors mentioned above, we have shortlisted the top 3 pool pump timers here. These pump timers come with certain distinct features that make them stand apart from others.
The first one is our Editor’s Choice, the Aube by Honeywell TI040/U 7-Day Programmable Timer. It has a weather-proof casing and 7-day programming feature with 14 settings and 3 different modes. It has everything you would want in a pump timer, including exceptional durability and ease of use.
The second nominee here is the Woods 50015WD Outdoor 7-Day Heavy-Duty Digital Plug-in Timer. It is an affordable option that has multiple settings and is compatible with various appliances.
Lastly, we have the premium Intermatic P1353 Pool Pump Timer Digital Time Switchhttps://amzn.to/39l8Gia. The ease of installation and use and 6 pre-programmed modes, along with many other interesting features, making it very appealing.
We hope that the top 3 choices have made it even easier for you to choose the best pool pump timer. Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Pool Pump Timers Review Guide For 2023.
Vinyl Works Above Ground Swimming Pool Resin Deck Kit
- Best Pool Slide For Your Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2023
- Summer Waves vs Intex Pools Review Guide For 2023
- Pool Safety For Kids Review Guide For 2023
- Best Above Ground Pool Heaters Everything You Need To Know Review Guide For 2023
- Can Dogs Go In A Pool? Review Guide For 2023
- Best Pool Umbrella Review Guide For 2023
- Top Swimming Pool Fountain Review Guide For 2023
- 2020 Top Rated Above Ground Pools
- Hot Tubs and Spas
- Above Ground Pools With Decks
- Top 4 Best Pool Heater Reviews
- Above Ground and In-Ground Pool Liners