Best Pool Handrails Review Guide For 2023
Best Pool Handrails Review Guide For 2023 – There are many ways to get in and out of the pool. Whether it is a backyard pool or you are running commercial pools and spas, there are some accessories that you always need to take care of. Case in point: pool handrails. It has been noticed that many homeowners consider pool handrails as a redundant in-ground accessory and, thus, don’t install them with their pools. Handrails are the most convenient and instant way to get in and out of the pool. By default, you head to the pool steps on the shallow part of the pool. But if you are already on the other side, there is no better way to climb up but through the help of built-in pool handrail.
A pool handrail is one of the most essential parts of a pool. It should be present on the side of the pool steps and on other access areas of the pool. Before we start reviewing the best pool handrails available this year in our Best Pool Handrails Review Guide For 2023, let’s take a look at some information about pool handrails.
Best Pool Handrails Buying Guide For 2023
If you want to explore the market beyond the products we have reviewed, then factor in these elements to make sure you are bringing the right pool handrail home.
Material of the Handrail:
If you don’t want to purchase another pool handrail for a long time to come the material of the handrail is the first and foremost thing that you need to consider.
Handrails are installed in the settings where they are simultaneously exposed to sun and water, in most cases. water and sun. So you need to look for one that has material that can withstand acute moisture levels without corroding away. While simultaneously putting up with the shenanigans of sunrays, especially of its UV rays.
Stainless steel is the only viable material that can make handrails withstand tough and rough outdoor conditions. It won’t fade under the sun nor will it corrode. So, always choose anything that is made of premium grade stainless steel mold. If you are looking for a handrail for a saltwater pool aluminum is another option for you. However, you won’t find it as good
as steel with its ant-corrosive properties.
Design of the Handrail:
While choosing a pool handrail on the basis of its design, there are two things that you need to consider. First, for those who are entering the pool the handrail should offer hand support. Second, for those who want to exit the pool the handrail remains accessible to grab from the pool. Therefore, its design and form should always follow the aforementioned functions.
It is pretty clear that the majority of handrails are primarily designed for
stone and concrete decks. If you have a wooden pool deck, then you first need to determine if the product you are interested in is compatible with wooden decks.
Some pool handrails come with drilled bolt holes and fixed baseplates. Decide where you want to place them and screw the blots down. Others come in parts where you first need to assemble them and then need to get aftermarket parts to complete the installation. If you prefer hassle-free DIY installation, then factor in this aspect of handrail products as well.
If you are overseeing a commercial pool where you need to fulfill ADA requirements, then you need to be really careful about the dimensions of the handrails you are picking. For instance, ADA requires pool owners to install at least a set of handrails with a minimum spacing of 33 inches. Moreover, each railing must be 34 inches high.
Important Things You Need To Know About Pool Handrail:
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance : The Act requires handrails to be installed at pool rails, ramped entries and transfer walls. If you are planning on installing a pool or spa set in your own home, then you should be wary of the inclusions of this act.
The ADA requirements : According to the ADA, a ramped entry must include at least two handrails, with a width of 33 to 38 inches between them to allow the safe passage of one to two persons at the same time. The height should be 34 to 38 inches, and the diameter of the handrail should be between 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 inches. Handrails are not required to extend below to the stationary water level.
Different Kinds Of Handrails :
The commonly used pool handrails are the three-bend and four-bend handrails that are curved in a loop with one end of the rail attached to the pool deck and the loop end is extended over the water.
Pool handrail maintenance :
Just because it doesn’t look as vital as the pool itself, doesn’t mean that the pool handrail will not need some extra care, too. The pool water should be properly balanced to avoid the metal to corrode or rust. You can also remove the handrails from their installation points and clean with a phosphoric acid gel, like naval jelly and a plastic scouring pad. You can finish this well and apply a protective layer of car wax.
Pool Handrails FAQ:
New pool owners usually have many queries and questions regarding handrails. Here, we will try to cover them.
Do Water Sanitizing Chemicals Affect Handrails?
A top-quality stainless steel handrail remains inert to the chemicals used for sanitizing the pool water. However, if you are using some budget handrail carved out from substandard metal ore, then yes, sanitizing chemicals can affect the rails.
What Is the Most Common Type of Handrail?
There is no certified standard set for making pool handrails. However, there are some design details that are recurring in most of the handrails available in the market these days.
- A curve/loop on end facing the pool
- One end attached to the pool deck
- Other end attached to the edge of the pool or extending over it
Should One Protect and Maintain the Pool Handrails?
Yes, being a responsible pool owner, you must also take care of the handrails no matter how sturdy and weather-resistant they are. The exposure to water, chemicals, and sunrays somewhere affects the finish of every handrail. You can maintain the finish and shine of your pool handrails by occasionally washing them with phosphoric acid gel and giving them a buff of protective wax.
When Is the Right Time to Install Pool Handrails?
Every time is the right time to install pool handrails. You can have them at the time of the pool construction. If you have missed their installation at the time of construction, then go for retrofit fitting. All the items on our list of best pool handrails are ideal for both types of installations.
Is Cover for Pool Handrail Necessary?
If you are using stainless steel handrails with a pool that is in the open air with no shade, then yes, you should consider getting a good quality cover for it. In summer afternoons, the direct exposure of the sun can heat up the steel handrails to scorching levels where they can burn the skin. Also, the glossy finish of the railings makes them slippery. You can get around both these issues by lining the rails with a durable cover. A colorful, well-designed cover adds a visual layer to the railing as well.
FibroPRO Swimming Pool Hand Rail with Quick Mount Base
With just 4 easy blots the FibroPro pool handrail quickly mounts to deck. It’s not prone to corrosion and rust as it’s made of stainless steel. It also has a built-in base plate and it’s dimensions are 48 inches in length and 36 inches in height. This can be mounted into the wood with a 1/4-inch bit or into concrete with a 3/8-inch or 10 mm hammer drill bit.
- Quickly mounts to deck with 4 easy bolts
- Sturdy stainless steel construction
- 48″ long, 36″ tall, Built in BASE PLATE
- Mounts into concrete with a 1/2″ hammer drill bit or into wood with a 1/4″ bit
- The stainless bolts are included in the set and are designed for extra security of your pool handrail.
- It is very easy to install.
- Only a hammer drill is needed for the fast and easy installation of the handrail.
- The base plate is thin which allows some flex in the handrail when force is exerted upon it.
- The dimensions of the product may vary on user preference and depending on the depth of the pool.
We really didn’t find anything negative about this product. It is very well compliant with the ADA requirements, although there could be problems with the dimensions of the product. Rather than for those pools with long entrance points these rails are best used for short distances. In our opinion the FibroPRO pool handrail deserves two thumbs up for its performance and price. You should really check this one out!
S.R. Smith SR-100 Stainless Steel Spa Handrail without hardware
S.R. Smith’s Spa Rail is stainless steel, ring handrail intended to increase safety by aiding spa users getting into and out of the spa.
Four mounting bolts are required to secure this rail to the deck and should be selected
according to your site requirements.
No anchors are needed for this pool handrail. You will just need to drill directly into your pool deck. Its mounting plate is drilled for 3/8-inch bolts. The bolts, however, are not included in the set. It has 1 and 5/8-inch outer diameter for its tubing and its wall thickness is 0.049 inches.
- No anchors required. Drill directly into your pool deck
- Mounting plate drilled for 3/8 inch bolts. Bolts not included
- Tubing: 1-5/8-Inch OD
- Wall thickness: 0.049-Inch
- It already comes with a flat plate on the bottom with four holes for mounting.
- It can easily be installed.
- The handrails provide sturdy and safe entering and exiting to the pool area.
- You would have to buy the bolts for installation use.
- Check Price On Amazon
The S.R. Smith pool handrail is for you, if your a person who loves to save money by doing Do-It-Yourself installations. This product comes with a built-in drilled holes yes you hear me right you do not have to drill so many holes. All you have to do is to drill in the bolt installation and you are good to go. Everything else that you will need for its easy installation is provided for you. However, you would need to buy the bolts for installation use as they are not included. If you are the type of person who is not very much keen on working with hardware this is the one for you.
Aqua Select Premium Stainless Steel Pool Hand Rail for Inground Swimming Pools
Specifically built for in-ground pools the Aqua Select Premium Stainless Steel Pool Hand Rail is made from sturdy stainless steel. Its dimensions are 50″ x 38″ x 9.5″ and measures 1.9″ in diameter.
- STAINLESS STEEL HAND RAILING – This pool handrail is made up of solid stainless steel so it will not rust and last you many pool seasons. Hook directly up to your pool stairs.
- USE FOR OUTDOOR JACUZZI OR SPA – This pool grab rail also works great for also good for hot tub steps or spa. This stair railing will provide you the assistance you need to enter or exit.
- EASY TO INSTALL – Use a hammer drill to make holes into the concrete, then bolt and anchor in place. You will be using this handrail to get in and out of the pool in no time! Perfect accessory for your inground pool railing for your large swimming pool.
- INGROUND POOL ACCESSORIES – This pool hand rail measures 50″ long, 36″ tall x 8″. The railing has a 1.9″ diameter tubing. A great addition for pool safety. 5 Year Manufacturers Limited Warranty.
- POOL RAILING – Swimming pool railing does not include deck anchors or escutcheons (stainless steel plates).
- It is specifically designed for in-ground swimming pools.
- It is finished with a grayish stainless steel color which will complement your pool very much.
- It is made from stainless steel. It is sturdy and resistant to rust and corrosion.
- Not everything that you will need for the installation is included in the set. You will have to buy the rings and sockets to secure into the 3-inch holes in the concrete ground.
It may be a little hard to install because you have to provide the fittings for it to become secured to the ground, as this one does not come with any fittings. But once it’s done, it will certainly change the way you look at the security of going down your pool. So if your looking for a pool handrail for your in-ground swimming pool, then this might be the perfect one for you!
Inter-Fab G3DE049 Economy Figure-4 Stainless Steel 304 Grab Rail
Its design is perfect for pool entry areas, spas, or for pools with in-wall ladder-treads. The Inter-Fab pool handrail set includes a pair of grab rails made of durable stainless steel 304. With stability and unbeatable strength that will give you years of use with these handrails. It also has a gleaming and bright stainless-steel finish. It’s designed to have 1.9 inches diameter and 0.049 wall thickness. Best of all you get to choose what color you want as they also come in different powder-coated colors: earth, white or copper vein.
- Pair of grab rails made of durable Stainless steel 304
- Perfect for pools with recessed wall steps
- 1. 90-Inch outer diameter tubing with . 049-inch wall thickness
- Does not include deck anchors or escutcheons
- This works well in residential or commercial installations.
- Sturdy and durable pool handrail.
- Made and coated with quality-grade materials that are incorporated to extend the service life of the rails.
- Available in different pool-flattering colors.
- Fittings and anchors are sold separately.
- It can be a little bit tricky to install.
Because these handrails are specifically designed for pools with
deeper-than-the-usual pool step edges, the Inter-Fab pool handrail stands out from the others. From its long service life to its overall durability, the performance of this product is phenomenal. These handrails are available in different colors which is also a major plus for you. Buying this for
your pool will be very much worth it, if you are going for an aesthetically-pleasing look that won’t compromise its primary function.
S.R. Smith F4H-102 Figure 4 Swimming Pool Handrail
The whole set includes one pair of handrails with can be installed 26 inches from one another. For new construction, you will need 2 bronze anchors (AS-100B) are required but are not included in the set. Two stainless steel escutcheons (EP100F) provide a clean finish to new ladders and rails and are also not included. It has a 0.049″ wall thickness and 1.90-Inch outer diameter tubing.
- Includes two handrails (pair)
- 26-Inch centers – distance from center of one anchor to the other
- For new construction, 2 bronze anchors (AS-100B) are required and are not included
- Two stainless steel escutcheons (EP100F) provide a clean finish to new ladders and rails and are not included
- 0.049 wall thickness; 1.90-Inch outer diameter tubing
- Perfect for small to medium-sized pools.
- It is made from stainless steel.
- It has a durable and sturdy finish.
- Great for residential or light commercial use.
- The handrails do not come with the fittings needed for the complete installation of the product.
In our opinion the S.R. Smith F4H-102 pool handrail looks excellent, overall. Because of it’s sturdy and attractive appearance families love this one. For safe entrance and exit in the pool, you can totally trust these handrails.
The fittings do not come with this and will have to be obtained elsewhere. But they are not hard to find as it is commercially available anywhere. Once you have the tools needed to complete the set-up, it won’t be a problem to install this handrail.
S.R.Smith 50-902 Deck Mounted Stair Rail for Pools
Once you purchase it, The S.R. Smith pool handrail measure 36 inches long and the set contains two handrails. It is made of 304-grade stainless steel. The anchor sockets and escutcheons needed to place the rails securely are sold separately.
- 36-Inch long
- Contains 2 rails
- 304 grade stainless steel
- Anchor sockets and escutcheons sold separately
- 90″ OD tubing
- It is designed specifically for deck-mounted swimming pools.
- It is made from quality stainless steel grade material.
- The rails are durable and sturdy.
- This may not be suitable for wood-mounted pool decks.
- The anchor sockets and escutcheons are sold separately.
They are made from graded and quality stainless steel that gives the handrail its sturdy characteristic and resistant to rusting and corrosion. The S.R. Smith handrails for deck-mounted pools are perfectly designed for your deck-mounted residential pools. Although you would have to buy the sockets and escutcheons, it is something that a quick trip to the hardware store can fix.
Marine Fiberglass Direct Aluminum Handrail
The anchor pads will fit perfectly on your dock or pool deck. The Marine Fiberglass Direct Aluminum pool handrail measures 18 inches in height. It is also made from high-quality 6063-T5 mill finish aluminum. For salt water or fresh water use.
This pool handrail is great in pool areas that you would want extra support or for all types of outdoor marine, and other pool applications.
- 18″ Aluminum Handrail
- High quality 6063-T5 Mill finish aluminum
- Anchor pads will fit perfectly on a 2×4 on your dock or deck
- You can use this around fresh water or salt water applications.
- Proudly made by Marine Fiberglass Direct in the U.S.A.
- It is made from graded aluminum material.
- It is sturdy and durable.
- The handrails can be used for other pool applications – it can cater both salt and freshwater swimming pools.
- It’s perfect for small to medium-sized pools.
- There are three anchor points on each pad.
- Aluminum material may corrode or oxidize over time.
- Extra care is needed for the maintenance of pool handrail.
Aesthetically speaking, if your looking for a more different look for your
swimming pool’s entry and exit points this pool handrail is perfect. Because of its compact yet safe size you’ll find it’s great for small to medium-sized pool areas.
We hope this Best Pool Handrails Review Guide For 2023 was helpful in choosing the best pool handrails for your pool. So with that said, choose a model that works for your pool and the one that is within your budget.
Vinyl Works Above Ground Swimming Pool Resin Deck Kit
- Best Pool Slide For Your Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2023
- Summer Waves vs Intex Pools Review Guide For 2023
- Pool Safety For Kids Review Guide For 2023
- Best Above Ground Pool Heaters Everything You Need To Know Review Guide For 2023
- Can Dogs Go In A Pool? Review Guide For 2023
- Best Pool Umbrella Review Guide For 2023
- Top Swimming Pool Fountain Review Guide For 2023
- 2020 Top Rated Above Ground Pools
- Hot Tubs and Spas
- Above Ground Pools With Decks
- Top 4 Best Pool Heater Reviews
- Above Ground and In-Ground Pool Liners