Best Pool Brush Review Guide For 2020-2021
Best Pool Brush Review Guide For 2020-2021 – Beginning pool owners will focus their attention on all sorts of accessories for their pool. They’ll decide which ladder they like, which cover is the best and which pump is right for them. However, the one thing that few people give much thought to is the pool brush they are going to use on their pool. Which is unfortunate because it’s an important tool to consider.
Why is a pool brush important? Because it’s a tool that can make or break your pool cleaning experience. Purchase the wrong one and you’ll have to work harder in getting the algae and scum off of the side of your pool walls. However, if you purchase the right one, then you can relegate pool cleaning to a small portion of your weekly activities.
Of course, even the best pool brush won’t do you much good if you don’t properly use it. Fortunately, I’ve included a guide at the end of this article which will give you some tips about purchasing one of these tools. Before we get to that though, I would like to take a few moments and talk about some of the better brushes available nowadays. Once we’ve finished with that, I’ll give you some tips which will help you with your pool. Now, let’s get down to business.
There are probably dozens of different brushes on the market today. Some of them are pretty good and some of them aren’t worth 2-cents. In order to help you find one of the better ones currently available, I’ve composed the following list in my Best Pool Brush Review Guide For 2020-2021.
CJ Lifestyle Heavy-Duty Brush
This durable and lightweight brush has an EZ-glide frame that makes it easier to push through the water. It has turned ends that make it easier to get the brush into corners. This brush is made from a heat treated allow that allows the frame to hold up to impacts.
The bristles do a great job of getting scum and algae off of the side of the pool as well. Currently, this is only the brush and doesn’t come with the pole. With that being said, however, once it is attached to a pole it does a fine job at getting the pool sparkling clean.
- STRONG: Metal backing provides enough strength to thoroughly clean pool walls
- FLEXIBLE: Designed with poly bristles to help reach the toughest corners
- DURABLE: Crafted to last for several years of quality use
- EASY TO USE: Simply connect to any telepole or pole and get brushing right away
- WIDE SWEEP AREA: Measuring 18″ wide, the Blue Devil Wall Brush Deluxe provides a large sweep area for quicker cleaning
Sweep Ease Poly-Blend 18-Inch Aquatic Brush
Designed to hug the floor and walls of your pool, this brush will make short work of even the toughest pool cleaning job. It has a spoiler shape that pushes water towards your pool’s surface with up to ten pounds of pressure but does it without making it harder for the user to push it.
This brush is made from high-quality materials that make it tough and ensures that it will always maintain its shape. While it’s not designed for fiberglass or vinyl pools, on all other pools it does a pretty decent job of cleaning them up.
- “SweepEase sticks to the walls and floor ! ” After 60 years of drudgery, there is finally an easy way to sweep your pool!
- The patented spoiler shape uses water to push the brush to the walls and floor with 5-10 pounds of pressure, yet easily slices back through the water.
- Made with the highest quality materials that never bend so it makes 100% contact every time. This SS/blend (Not for use on vinyl or fiberglass Pools! Look for SweepEase 100% poly brush. )
- With continued use helps eliminate algae, calcium and sodium keeping your pool perfectly clean, looking like new!
- SweepEase “sticks to the walls and floor GAURANTEED! You’re gonna love it! “
Blue Torrent 12-Inch 360-Degree Brush for Swimming Pools
With its unique blue, white and yellow design, this pool brush from Blue Torrent not only looks interesting but also does a good job at cleaning the algae, scum, and bacteria off of the floor and sides of just about any pool, except for ones made from vinyl.
This 12-inch brush can be attached to a telescopic pole, which doesn’t include, and used to scrub dirt all around your pool. And when it’s done, it dries quickly and can be conveniently stored away in your garage or tool shed. Its 360-degree design is sure to make any pool cleaning job a whole lot easier.
- 12″ power bristle brush
- 360 Degree cleaning
- Built-in corner brushes
- Cleans under steps & in corners
- Fits standard telescopic pole
The Wall Whale Classic Brush For Swimming Pools
This unique aquatic brush kind of looks like a whale as it cleans the sides and floor of a pool. However, its tail isn’t really a whale’s tail, it’s more like the spoiler of a car. It allows the brush to be kept in contact with your pool’s surfaces so it can deliver up to ten-times the cleaning punch of conventional brushes.
This brush is so good at cleaning and makes it so easy, some people have reported they have been able to clean their pool with just one hand. Which makes routine cleaning chores much easier to finish.
- The tail holds the brush against the wall with more than 10x the force
- Brush with one hand
- Great for routine brushing or tough algae problems
Pool Master 18-Inch Algae Brush With Stainless Steel Bristles
Although this brush is not supposed to be used on fiberglass or vinyl liners, because its stainless steel bristles will tear these surfaces up, on all other pool surfaces, this brush does a pretty handy job. When used on hard surface pools it does a great job of clearing away algae stains or mildew stains and has an 18-inch curved body that really hugs the surface of the pool.
Before it can be used, however, it needs to be paired with an appropriate pole. Once that step is done, it’s ready to remove the dirt from your gunite or concrete pool surfaces.
- For cleaning algae stains on gunite pools with hard surface finish
- Features die-cast aluminum back and handle for durability
- Stainless steel bristles aid in removing tough algae stains
- Straight body design
- Do NOT use on vinyl liners or fiberglass surfaces
Milliard 5-Inch Heavy-Duty Wire Algae Brush
This small yet powerful algae brush is designed to scrub away tough stains on concrete and gunite surfaced pools. It’s not designed for vinyl or fiberglass pools because it’s stainless-steel bristles would destroy those surfaces.
However, when used on the surfaces it was intended to be used on, it does a great job on small to a medium-sized work area. This 5-inch long brush can be used to clean the pool’s surface underneath the water or can be used on pavement and walkways. This model is made of aluminum and ABS plastic and will last a long time.
- HEAVY DUTY CLEANING – this brush is designed with super strong stainless-steel brushes – the most hardworking bristles to combat stubborn algae and dirt on concrete and gunite pools. This is NOT designed for delicate pool surfaces like vinyl liners or painted concrete.
- DURABLE DESIGN – Molded from real aluminum and ABS plastic, this brush is super durable and long lasting plus the aluminum handle protects against rusting from harsh cleaning chemicals.
- EASY TO USE – the 5-inch lightweight design of this brush makes it super easy to maneuver in your pool and the small frame makes it the perfect tool to reach those tight corners for a complete cleaning. Handle fits standard extensions poles.
- USE IN AND OUT OF POOL – not only is this the perfect underwater cleaner, but it’s an extremely effective cleaning brush for the concrete and pavement around your pool’s perimeter
- REAL SERVICE – When you purchase Milliard, you can relax knowing you have a dedicated team of real people ready to help you with any questions or concerns you may have. We are known for our 5-star customer service and are happy to help you with anything you may need.
Milliard 10-Inch Heavy-Duty Wire Brush For Gunite & Concrete Pools
Because this 10-inch wide wire brush has stiff wire bristles that are designed to clean algae away from concrete and gunite surfaces, it’s not a brush that’s supposed to be used on softer surfaces such as vinyl or fiberglass. However, when used on harder surfaces it really does a fine job.
It’s made of ABS plastic and aluminum, for durability, and is nice and wide to cover a larger area of your pool at one time than smaller models. This tool, when used with an appropriate pole, will do a great job at restoring your pool back to its previous glory. And it can also be used on walkways and sidewalks as well.
- Aluminum handle is angled at 45° to present the brush in an ideal position for easy pushing and effective cleaning.
- Stiff stainless steel wire bristles are effective against extremely stubborn algae buildup, NOT designed for use with vinyl pool liners.
- Brush is 10 inches wide for an easier and stronger clean on stubborn buildup
- Attaches to standard 1 1/4″ pool poles
- Made from aluminum and ABS plastic to be durable and long lasting.
Blue Wave 360-Degree Wall & Floor Brush
This 18-inch brush is designed to reach even the hard to reach areas of your pool and to get them as clean as possible. It can be used to clean corners, steps, ladders and even wood decks or tiled surfaces.
This brush features corner brushes which give it a 360-degree range of cleaning. All that’s required to get the most out of this brush is to pair it with a pole that it will fit and you’ll be ready to get your pool back in tip-top condition without a whole lot of elbow grease.
- 360 degree cleaning bristles
- No rough edges to scuff or scratch your pool liner
- Cleans corners, curves, steps, ladders, wood decks and tiled surfaces
- Built-in corner brushes
- Attach to tele pole (not included)
Best Pool Brush Buyers Guide For 2020-2021:
Choosing a Pool Brush:
Now that we’ve gone over some of the more popular brushes available, let’s take a few moments to talk about how to properly choose a brush for your pool. Not every brush is good for every pool and in some cases, choosing the wrong brush can lead to your pool’s walls and floor becoming scratched. Which is why it’s important to take the following things into consideration.
Consider the Brush’s Size:
The first thing you’ll want to take into consideration is the size of your pool and the size of your brush. If you have a large pool, then you are probably going to want to go with a larger brush—like an 18-inch brush or larger. However, if you have a smaller pool or have a pool that doesn’t require a lot of cleaning, then you can choose a smaller sized brush. Just remember that brushes which come in the 5-inch range are usually only good for spot-cleaning and not for cleaning large areas of the pool.
Consider What the Bristles Are Made From:
Another thing to keep in mind is the material the bristles of your brush are made from. A stainless-steel brush is good for removing heavy-duty stains from concrete and gunite but it will absolutely destroy vinyl and fiberglass pools. Always choose a nylon brush for these type of pool surfaces to avoid scratching them up. If you’re unsure of what type of brush to get, nylon is also a pretty safe bet.
Keep in Mind Your Pool’s Shape:
The size of your pool is another important factor to consider when purchasing a brush. Some brush shapes are better for some pool shapes. For square pools, I’ve noticed that rectangular brushes seem to work the best. For round pools, I’ve found rounded brushes do the best. Of course, this part is mainly personal preference, so just be sure to choose one that fits your cleaning style.
Most Brushes Come Without Poles:
One thing prospective brush buyers need to keep in mind is that most brushes don’t come with poles. The poles are something that usually has to be purchased separately. I know many pool owners who bought brushes only to be disappointed that they didn’t come with a pole—that it was something that had to be purchased separately.
A Few Pool Cleaning Tips:
Here are a few final tips that will help you get the most out of your pool cleaning. It doesn’t matter if you’re using a grout cleaning brush or some other type of brush, following these tips will help you get the most out of the tool you’ve chosen.
✔ Brush Your Pool Regularly
You should make sure that you brush the sides and the floor of your pool at least once a week. With the proper brush, the whole process should take under 20-minutes to complete but it’s well worth it. Some people like to brush their pool twice a week, but I don’t think that’s necessary. Just brush it once a week and skim it once a week and your pool should be good. If you have an automatic pool cleaner, then you might not even have to brush it this much but it’s still a good idea to give your pool a good brushing down every once in a while.
✔ Use the Appropriate Pool Cleaners
Another thing that will keep your pool in good condition is making sure that it always has the right amount of pool chemicals in it. Too much or too little can really upset the balance of your pool and make it harder to clean.
Now that we’ve covered some of the better brushes on the market, have talked about what to look for in one of these cleaning tools and presented you with some cleaning tips, I think it’s time for me to conclude this article.
And I’ll do so by telling you that brushes for pools aren’t as unimportant as some people think they are. In fact, as you found out, they are one of the most important pool cleaning tools that you can use. Just be sure to use it wisely. We hope you found our Best Pool Brush Review Guide For 2020-2021 helpful.
Vinyl Works Above Ground Swimming Pool Resin Deck Kit
- Best Pool Slide For Your Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2020-2021
- Summer Waves vs Intex Pools Review Guide For 2020-2021
- Pool Safety For Kids Review Guide For 2020-2021
- Best Above Ground Pool Heaters Everything You Need To Know
- Can Dogs Go In A Pool? Review Guide For 2020-2021
- Best Pool Umbrella Review Guide For 2020-2021
- Top Swimming Pool Fountain Review Guide For 2020-2021
- 2020 Top Rated Above Ground Pools
- Hot Tubs and Spas
- Above Ground Pools With Decks
- Top 4 Best Pool Heater Reviews
- Above Ground and In-Ground Pool Liners