Best Patio Heaters Review Guide For 2023
Best Patio Heaters Review Guide For 2023 – Many people spend a considerable amount of time and money planning their outdoor spaces, so it’s only natural that they would want to spend more time using it. Unfortunately, in many parts of the country, and indeed the world, the weather gets so cold during the winter that they feel they have to pack up their patio for the season.
However, we’re here to say that isn’t the case. People can use their outdoor spaces all year round without fail by buying one of the best patio heaters available and deploying it on their patio. If that’s done, no one has to give up their outdoor entertainment venues for even one second.
We know because we’ve reviewed some of the best models available. To see our picks keep reading our Best Patio Heaters Review Guide For 2023.
Hiland Pyramid Propane Heater – Amazon’s Choice
With a nifty pyramid design, this patio heater is ready to keep just about anyone’s patio toasty warm. This model is approximately 91-inches high, 21-inches deep, and 21.5-inches wide. It also weighs a little bit less than 70-pounds, but shouldn’t be too difficult for most people to set up. This is a product that uses standard twenty-pound propane tanks. Tanks that allow this product to be used anywhere from 8 to 10-hours, depending on the heat setting the user uses. This heater can produce approximately 40,000 BTUs of heat, which is more than enough power to heat even large patios, and it’s for that reason this model makes it to the top of our list.
Because this product has wheels on it, the consumer can move it around their patio quite easily, so they don’t have to feel like once they’ve set it up it has to remain in its place. It also has a beautiful hammered bronze look to it that makes it fit in with just about anyone’s décor. Other features found on this quality model include a built-in ignition system, an automatic shutoff system, and a quartz glass tube that is very stylish. No matter what direction the consumer faces this heater, they can enjoy the flickering of its flame as well as its heat.
- Your purchase includes One Hiland HLDSO1-GTHG 91-Inch Pyramid Propane Patio Heater with wheels in Hammered Bronze color. Cover not included
- Patio heater dimensions: 21.5″ W x 21″ D x 91″ H. Product weight: 65 lbs. Coverage area: 10 sq Ft. Clearance space: Top – 36”/91.4cm. Side – 24”/60.9 cm
- Includes a reliable igniter and a Safety auto shut off tilt valve
- Uses standard 20 lb Propane tank that lasts between 8-10 hrs. on High mode. Butane Heat output: 40,000BTU
- The latest in design and heat, the Quartz Glass Tube Flame Heater brings style to outdoor heating. Its unique, visually mesmerizing flame provides heat in every direction
Eprosmin Outdoor Electric Heater
Another heater that captured our attention was this one from Eprosmin. Although this patio heater is an electric one instead of a propane one, it’s still capable of producing the heat that consumers need to keep their outdoor spaces nice and warm. This product delivers 1,500-watts of power and has three energy levels: 600-watts, 900-watts, and 1,500-watts. That allows the consumer to decide whether they want the heat to merely take the chill out of the air, or if they want it to deliver some actual bone-warming heat. This is a product that stands approximately 82-inches high and is approximately 17-inches at the base. It’s also about 22-inches wide at its top.
This product has a beautiful stainless-steel design that seems very modern and is sure to fit in with the décor of just about any patio space. Because it has an adjustable rod, this heater’s height can be easily adjusted by the consumer from 1.6-meters to 2.1-meters. Additional features found on this heater include a detachable table design, a double-halogen heating tube, and a waterproof gear switch that helps to give this patio heater a water-resistance rating of IP44. All of this makes this a great heater for anyone looking to warm their outdoor spaces.
- 【Advanced carbon fiber heating technology】Three halogen fire tubes are built in the outdoor heater.The outdoor heater adopts carbon infrared heating technology, and the outdoor heater can output high heat immediately.Electric heaters can continuously provide sunshine-like warmth.In addition,outdoor electric heaters do not produce greenhouse gases.Compared with traditional heaters (such as propane heaters), our terrace heaters are more environmentally friendly and can save electricity.
- 【EASY ASSEMBLING AND OPERATION】Electric patio heater only needs to be partially assembled for use. The heating range is 3-5 meters and it only takes a few seconds to heat this space to the temperature you need.Using the electric outdoor heater is also extremely convenient.You can control the electric outdoor heater’s power on/off and change heating modes by a long pull switch, no worry of having difficulty reaching electric patio heater.
- 【Three Heating Adjustment】The outdoor heater has 3 power levels – 600/900/1500W.You can use this infrared heater to choose their ideal temperature. For convenience,the head and height of the outdoor patio heater can be adjusted.
- 【Clamshell protection and heating element】The outdoor electric heater is made of high-quality metal and plastic, and the surface is coated. The outdoor electric heater has IP34 dustproof and waterproof rating, which is an ideal outdoor electric heater for balcony, courtyard, garage, garden, barbecue area or bar. In addition, the infrared heater can work quietly.
- 【Tip-Over Protection】This outdoor heater has a tip-over protection function. It also has a stable circular base to avoid tipping.Even if when your child or pet accidentally hits the heater, as long as the tilt reaches 45°, it will automatically cut off the power.If you accidentally touch the surface of the outdoor patio heater, the electric patio heater has a stable circular base to avoid tipping.
Member’s Mark Heater With LED Table
Even though this heater has risen higher on our list, it’s still a remarkably powerful heater. It’s a patio heater that can deliver a blistering 47,000 BTUs. That’s more than enough heat to keep just about any reasonably-sized outdoor space warm. This heater is approximately 31.50-inches by 31.5-inches and is approximately 86.5-inches tall. It has a very modern stainless steel design as well and even has an LED table for setting down drinks. It’s the kind of heater that the consumer might have seen used by restaurants that offered outdoor dining throughout the fall and winter months and onto the early spring months.
This product is powered by a 20-pound propane tank, which should keep the flame inside it burning for approximately 8-hours or so at high-heat. This product also has an easy-to-use electronic ignition system that can be operated by just about anyone. Another thing that we liked about this product was that it’s lighted LED table not only softly glowed, but could also be adjusted upwards and downwards as needed. And to make this product easier to move, this heater is equipped with wheels that can be locked as needed. This allows the consumer to move this heater as needed around their patio or outdoor dining area.
- Easy-Start Electronic Ignition
- Up to 47,000 BTUs Variable Output
- Adjustable Table with LED Light
- Durable Stainless Steel
Briza Infrared Electric Heater – Amazon’s Choice
Even though this patio heater is different from the pyramid-shaped heaters we’ve reviewed so far, it still has the power many people need and a price-tag that makes it a very reasonable purchase. This product is approximately 35-inches and sits on a tripod stand that allows it to be raised to 7-feet. That allows it to cast some nice radiant energy over a larger area and do it while saving the consumer approximately 30% on their heating costs over other heaters. Not bad for a device that is less expensive than some of the high-end heaters sold in stores.
The true brilliance of this model is that it delivers zone heating right where the consumer needs it. It is also equipped with a metal sheath that covers the important heating element and helps make the heater safe for children and pets to be around. Another thing that we thought this product did brilliantly was to hold up against the weather. It doesn’t matter if it’s snowing, raining, or hailing, this heater will be resistant to it—although it should be said that no heater should be left completely out in the elements. It’s also equipped with a safety shutoff feature and has remote control operation for convenience.
- DUAL USE – Comes with hardware for mounting on walls or ceilings. Also comes with an adjustable tri pod stand
- CARBON INFRARED TECHNOLOGY – Produces heat that is similar to the heat produced by the sun. The infrared rays emitted are easily absorbed by the surfaces in the area of the heater, which increases the temperature of their surroundings. As cool surfaces heat up, infrared heaters raise the ambient temperature of the space.
- SAFETY FEATURES – A protective metal sheath covers the heating elements. This means animals and children can touch the surface of our heater without being burned. The Briza has a built in sensor that will automatically shutoff the unit if it is tipped over, eliminating the possibility of a fire hazard
- 4 SEASON PROTECTION – With an IP 55 rating the Briza can withstand any degree of the elements, whether its rain, snow, sand, or dust the Briza will stand up to the harshest outdoor conditions for years to come. It is also great for indoor uses for when you want to stay warm in the garage, shed or your home.
- EFFICENT HEATING – Infrared heaters can make you comfortable indoors or outdoors no matter what the temperature is. Inside the heater, a hot coil is wrapped into a circle so that all of the heat can be transferred evenly. The heat produced is reflected by a special polished metal, a reflector, and the heat can be felt several yards in front of the heater. Also, Brizas heaters aren’t affected by drafts or wind.
- TRIPOD STAND – Reaches up to 7 feet and has adjustable legs that extend far out for a stable base that eliminates the need for sand bags, or if stability isn’t a concern it can be adjusted for tighter spaces
- BUILT IN TIMER – Set the timer from 1-9 Hours for the heater to automatically power off
- CUSTOMIZABLE HEAT- The Briza has 3 levels of heat 900W, 1200W, 1500W. 120V, 60Hz. These all can be controlled either through the remote or button on the heater
- EUROPEAN DESIGN – With weather proof anodized aluminum the Briza heater provides premium performance and durability that heats as beautifully as it looks.
Belleze 48,000 BTU Premium Outdoor Heater
The last patio heater that we’d like to discuss is this one from Belleze. This is a propane gas heater that can deliver up to 48,000 BTUs of heat. That’s enough heat to cover an area of 175 square feet or about a 15-foot radius. This product is also equipped with an electronic ignition system—a Piezo ignition system to be exact—that allows the consumer to start the heater with the push of just one button. And since it’s equipped with a variable-heat control knob, the consumer can choose a low heat setting for just taking the chill out of the air to the high setting—a setting designed for much colder weather.
This model also comes with wheels that allow it to be moved from one place to another and a stainless-steel construction that allows it to hold up to outdoor weather conditions. This model has a 31.9-inch dome reflector, a 34.3-inch tall support pole, and a hammered steel look that complements any outdoor décor.
- None at this time
Best Patio Heaters Buyers Guide For 2023
Anyone currently reading this guide has probably gone through our list of the best patio heaters and are looking to find out how they can select the model that’s right for them. If that’s your intention as well, then you might want to stick around as we break down the basics of patio heaters. In this guide, we’ll talk about the different models available, the difference between conventional and infrared heaters, the mounting options available with these heaters, and a few other thoughts on the subject. With our objective laid out clearly before us, let’s begin this guide by discussing the different models of heaters available.
The Different Types Of Patio Heaters:
If there’s one thing that some consumers don’t quite know it’s the fact that there’s now more than one different type of patio heaters available. Just a few years ago, there was a much narrower selection of these heaters, but modern technology has advanced in such a way that there are now three distinct types of heaters available. There are electric heaters, natural gas heaters, and propane patio heaters. Let’s explore each one in further detail.
Electric Patio Heaters:
Electric heaters are one of the more modern patio heaters. These heaters are up to 98% energy-efficient and only need access to a suitable electrical outlet in order to be used. While most of the models up to 1,500-watts can usually just be plugged into a 120-volt standard electrical outlet, some of the more powerful models need to be hardwired to work.
Natural Gas Patio Heaters:
Another heater that consumers might want to consider are natural gas heaters. These models are easy to maintain, produce a seemingly never-ending amount of heat, and are some of the longest-lasting patio heaters of all time. Unfortunately, they also require the consumer to have a natural gas supply in their backyard and they also have to be professionally installed.
Propane Patio Heaters:
The last types of patio heaters we’d like to talk about are propane models. These models are designed to be used with 20-pound propane tanks or with the large household tanks that people often already have installed. That makes these easy to use, but depending on the type of propane heater, the consumer might still have to select a professional to install it. If the consumer household-size propane tanks, then they will probably need to consult a professional to ensure it has the proper gas pressure to power the patio heater in question.
What’s The Difference Between Conventional & Infrared Heaters?
Depending on the type of heater the consumer chooses, the consumer is also going to have to choose between infrared patio heaters and conventional heaters. What’s the difference? Well, infrared heaters use short and medium-wave infrared energy to warm an area, while a conventional heater will use a heating element of a flame to heat an area. Infrared models tend to warm up furniture and walls, while conventional heaters merely heat the air. The result is that the infrared models often offer a lasting heat that conventional heaters can only hint at.
Think About Mounting Options:
Another thing that’s important for consumers to think about is the mounting options they expect their patio heater to have. These heaters can be mounted in a variety of different ways—all depending on the particular type of model the consumer chooses. Some models are designed to stand in the middle of a space, some are designed to sit on tabletops, some are designed to be mounted on a post and some are designed to be mounted to a wall or ceiling. Let’s examine each of these different types more closely.
As their name suggests, these models stand on their own and are designed to heat wherever they’re placed. That makes them one of the more mobile patio heaters, especially if they’re equipped with wheels. This allows the consumer to move them from one part of their patio to the next as needed. These models are usually capable of heating up a larger area quite easily.
Tabletop Patio Heaters:
Although we didn’t review any of these patio heaters, we have seen plenty of them in operation. They’re designed to sit on tabletops, which makes them even more portable than freestanding models. Tabletop models also use 1-pound propane tanks that are easy to swap out, which makes them even easier than freestanding models to use. Unfortunately, where tabletop heaters and freestanding heaters diverge is their coverage area. Tabletop models cover a smaller area.
Post-Mounted Patio Heaters
Most of the post-mounted patio heaters use natural gas, so they do usually require professional installation, but there are a few post-mounted propane models. The biggest advantage of these models is that they remain in place and are very stable. The biggest disadvantage to these models, however, is that they can only be set in one location and can’t easily be moved.
Additional Features To Consider:
As we come to the conclusion of this guide, we would like to provide all of our readers with a few additional points that they might want to consider before purchasing their new outdoor patio heater. The following points are just as important as any of the ones we’ve mentioned earlier, so the consumer should give them plenty of thought before they choose their next model.
Amount Of Space To Be Heated:
- Whether The Heater Comes With A Warranty
- Safety Features To Be Found On The Heater
- Whether The Heater Has An Auto-Ignition System
- Whether The Heater Is Weather-Resistant
Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Patio Heaters Review Guide For 2023.
Vinyl Works Above Ground Swimming Pool Resin Deck Kit
- Best Pool Slide For Your Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2023
- Summer Waves vs Intex Pools Review Guide For 2023
- Pool Safety For Kids Review Guide For 2023
- Best Above Ground Pool Heaters Everything You Need To Know Review Guide For 2023
- Can Dogs Go In A Pool? Review Guide For 2023
- Best Pool Umbrella Review Guide For 2023
- Top Swimming Pool Fountain Review Guide For 2023
- 2020 Top Rated Above Ground Pools
- Hot Tubs and Spas
- Above Ground Pools With Decks
- Top 4 Best Pool Heater Reviews
- Above Ground and In-Ground Pool Liners