Best Outdoor Benches Review Guide For 2023
Best Outdoor Benches Review Guide For 2023 – Good seating can elevate any outdoor area – it’s a must-have if you want to get the maximum use out of your home’s open spaces. That’s why outdoor benches have been flying off the shelves this summer! A great choice for those in need of extra seating or without room for a full patio dining set, a bench is the perfect finishing touch that isn’t too overbearing or bulky.
But what separates the good from the bad? With so many options on the market, finding the best choice for you can get confusing. That’s where we come in! We’ve reviewed the best outdoor benches on the market to help bring you one step closer to your dream patio. To find out more keep reading our Best Outdoor Benches Review Guide For 2023.
POLYWOOD GNB60MA Vineyard 60″ Bench, Mahogany
Let’s start our list off strong with the Mahogany POLYWOOD Vineyard bench.
Constructed with solid POLYWOOD lumber, this model won’t splinter, chip or rot. You’ll never need to stain or waterproof it!
It is also designed with premium color-stay technology, including UV inhibitors. This protects the lumber from environmental degradation and light damage.
Providing room for three to sit at once, this bench can handle up to 400 pounds. It features commercial grade stainless steel hardware for a sturdy and safe feel.
This makes it the perfect option for larger families looking to increase seating space outdoors.
Best of all, it comes with the longest warranty offer among all the options on our list, at 20 years.
With exceptional durability, high quality of construction, and low maintenance requirements, this is one of the best outdoor benches you’ll find on the market.
Mahogany POLYWOOD Vineyard Bench at a Glance:
- Dimensions: 24 x 60 x 35.25 Inches
- Material: Polywood
- Weight Capacity: 400 Pounds
- Warranty: 20 year, limited
- With room for three, this stylish 60″ Bench is made with fade-resistant POLYWOOD recycled lumber
- POLYWOOD recycled HDPE lumber has the look of painted wood without the upkeep real wood requires; requires no painting, staining, or waterproofing
- Heavy-duty construction withstands nature’s elements; will not splinter, crack, chip, peel or rot and is resistant to stains, insects, fungi, and salt spray
- Some assembly required; commercial grade stainless steel hardware; made in the USA
- Measures 60-1/2 inches wide by 24 inches deep by 35-1/4 inches high; 20-year limited warranty.
HOMEFUN Patio Outdoor Bench, White Cast-Aluminum Benches Garden Metal Loveseat Outdoor Furniture for Park Lawn Front Porch
The HOMEFUN Cast-Aluminum Outdoor Bench is another product which simply won’t disappoint.
Featuring an elegant cross weave and rose design, it will add a touch of romantic charm to any porch or backyard.
It is constructed from water and rust resistant cast-aluminum finished with an anti-pollution coating. This makes it resistant to moisture damage and corrosion.
Due to its protective finishing and additional UV resistant technology, it requires very minimal maintenance.
Though delicate in appearance, the HOMEFUN sports strong iron legs and four adjustable foot pads which allow for sturdy grip on uneven terrain.
It can support up to 300 pounds, an impressive achievement given its streamlined build.
All things considered, this is one of the best patio benches we’ve seen yet.
HOMEFUN Cast Aluminum Outdoor Bench at a Glance:
- Dimensions: 40 x 18 x 32 Inches
- Material: Cast Aluminum
- Weight Capacity: 300 Pounds
- Warranty: 1 year
- Elegant Choice: cross weave and rose design, adding elegance to your porch or backyard
- Reliable Design: cast aluminum frame with zero pollution coating; sturdy iron leg stance for better weight capacity
- Weather Proof: easy to care for with protective finishing, UV and rust resistance; years to enjoy without corrosion damage
- Assembly is required; adjustable foot pads to deal with the uneven ground
- Overall Dimensions: 40″(L) x 18″(W) x 32″(H); Weight Capacity: 300 lbs.One year warranty, if there
- is any problem, please contact us along with product pictures, So that we can know the problem and
- solve it as soon as possible. We will provide the best service and solution for you.
Keter Eden 70 Gallon Storage Bench Deck Box for Patio Furniture – Amazon’s Choice
The Keter Eden is the ideal option for those looking to add seating capacity and save space at the same time – proof that extra storage doesn’t have to be plain or unseemly!
Featuring 70 gallons of hidden space under its seat, it is perfect for storing cushions, garden tools, pool-toys, or any other supplies.
With a streamlined silhouette and versatile deep brown hue, it emulates the timeless feel of wood with none of the maintenance required.
The Keter Eden is constructed from durable, UV-protected resin and weather resistant polypropylene which prevents rusting, peeling and denting.
To clean it, simply wipe with a damp cloth as needed. It’s also lockable, and works with most standard padlocks (sold separately).
Just as strong as it is useful, it can support a whopping 770 pounds at once!
With strength, beauty, versatility and extra storage, what’s not to love? This is by far one of the best outside benches we’ve seen yet.
Keter Eden Storage Bench at a Glance:
- Dimensions: 55 x 23 x 33 Inches
- Material: Resin
- Weight Capacity: 770 Pounds
- Warranty: 2 year, limited
- IDEAL SIZE: Exterior: 54. 6 in. L x 23. 4 in. W x 32. 8 in. H / Interior: 50. 4 in. L x 19. 7 in. W x 15 in. H
- LARGE CAPACITY: 70 gallons of extra hidden storage underneath the seat
- RESIN CONSTRUCTION: It’s made out of all weather-resistant resin with an appealing wood-look texture
- DURABLE AND STRONG: Weather-resistant polypropylene construction prevents rusting, peeling and denting – unlike real wood
- EXTRA SEATING: Provides comfortable bench seating for two or three with a weight capacity of 771 lbs
- LOCKABLE: Works with standard padlocks, which are sold separately
- STYLISH: Elegant natural wood look texture to fit any outdoor patio décor
- VERSATILE STORAGE: Perfect place to store outdoor patio furniture cushions, outdoor toys, pool
- accessories, and beach towels
Giantex Folding Garden Bench
Next up, we have the Giantex Folding Garden Bench. This is a more traditional, classic model that will suit virtually any outdoor space.
Constructed with strong acacia wood and galvanized steel screws, it can support an impressive 705 pounds.
Unlike other benches, this one has folding capacities, which make it ideal for moving, experimenting with layout, and storing during inclement weather!
With wide arms and a curved backrest, the Giantex bench was designed to provide adequate support for all users. The seat is comprised of wood slats that are sturdy yet breathable.
It’s also exceptionally versatile due to its timeless wood design and charming vibe.
As it is constructed with real lumber, this model does require more maintenance.
Be sure to regularly cover it with wood sealant or pigmented finishing oil, and take it indoors during extreme weather conditions.
This is the best outdoor wooden bench we’ve seen yet.
Giantex Folding Garden Bench at a Glance:
- Dimensions: 47.5 x 22 x 35.5 inches
- Material: Acacia Wood
- Weight Capacity: 705 Pounds
- Warranty: N/A
- Acacia Wood Structure: Made of super strong acacia wood, the bench is durable as well as not cracks, chip and peel easily. Besides, using premium galvanized screws. And the strong legs improve the integral weight capacity of bench which up to 705 lbs.
- Space-Saving Folding Design: Unlike other benches, this upgraded bench is equipped with locks to fix various parts, which not only strengthen the bench but also facilitate folding it. This wood bench can be easily folded when not in use, which only occupy limited space and easy to store as well.
- Ergonomic & Cozy Wood Bench: The seating of the bench is spacious enough for 2 people to sit together. And, the wide armrest and curved backrest of this wood bench provide great support to you. More importantly, the bench seat is using wood slat, which is breathable and comfortable.
- Natural Style & Versatility: With natural and concise style, the bench will be a good complement to your home and matches your furniture well. The wood surface with exquisite curved design adds charm to the bench.
- Easy Assembly: With clear and visual instruction, this garden bench is easy to assemble and would
- not cost too much time. Plus, the necessary hardware is include, which is more convenient for you.
- Beside, all parts are given a number and detailed assembly steps are listed for your reference.
Best Choice Products Double Seat Steel Bench
The Best Choice Products Double Seat Steel Bench is just as practical as it is attractive.
It features an elegant yet versatile design and a sturdy steel frame that is coated in weather-resistant finish.
The center seat doubles as a convenient console table which works great for holding your favorite books, snacks or beverages!
Though slim in stature, the Best Choice bench can support up to 615 pounds of weight, and seats up to 3 people at one time.
You’ll be able to avoid all the stresses of maintenance, as the steel resists warping, corrosion, and UV degradation.
Whether in your deck, garden or backyard, this is one of the best outdoor bench seats you’ll find today.
Best Choice Products Double Seat Steel Bench at a Glance:
- Dimensions: 59 x 22 x 35 Inches
- Material: Steel
- Weight Capacity: 617 Pounds
- Warranty: N/A
- CLASSIC, VERSATILE DESIGN: The simple and elegant design complements any outdoor seating area, whether it’s your patio, deck, or garden
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: A durable steel frame is finished with a weather-resistant coating to ensure years of use
- SEATS 2-3 PEOPLE: Spacious, 59-inch seat will comfortably accommodate 2-3 people as you and your guests sit back and relax
- ADJUSTABLE MIDDLE TABLE: The center seat doubles as a convenient console table to hold your favorite books, drinks, and snacks
- OPTIMAL SUPPORT: Versatile, modern design supports weights up to 617 pounds and provides a reliable
- seat that will resist warping and corrosion for years; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 59″(L) x 21.75″(W) x 35″
- (H); Weight Capacity: 617 lbs.
Best Outdoor Benches Buyers Guide For 2023
Now that you’ve seen the best patio benches the market has to offer, it’s time to figure out which one is ideal for your home.
This is often the hardest part – no one wants to end up with a low-grade product, or an option which simply doesn’t fit their aesthetic preferences or lifestyle habits.
That’s why we’ve written up a handy buyers guide, which will walk you through the key parts of the selection process.
By the time you’re done reading, you should have no doubts about the product for you!
These days, you can find outdoor seating in all kinds of natural and synthetic materials. Some of the more popular options are wood, plastic and metal.
Each construction type brings its own set of advantages and disadvantages, which you must weigh before deciding on the best option for yourself.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of each type.
Wood is the most popular material used for outdoor benches, because of its timeless yet versatile look.
However, being vulnerable to weather and seasonal fluctuations, it’s not the easiest to maintain.
Different types of wood have different strengths and weaknesses, but the most popular are cedar and teak.
Teak is relatively pricey because it has a lifespan of at least 50 years, making it a great option for outdoor furniture.
It is one of the few woods in the world which naturally contains water-repellant oils, which keep it from warping and cracking.
Although it is naturally moisture resistant, it must be protected from light damage or it will fade in color. Be sure to use a proper sealant to protect the wood from UV rays.
It must also be oiled annually or biannually to retain its characteristic warm hues.
On the other hand, cedar is relatively cheaper but has a shorter lifespan and fades more quickly. If untreated, it will fade to a silvery/grey color.
Cast aluminum and wrought iron are the most popular metal options for outdoor benches.
Aluminum is lightweight, yet strong and durable – making it perfect for those searching for a portable option.
It is also highly weather resistant, which makes upkeep a breeze. Look for powder-coated aluminum if you really don’t want to spend any extra time on maintenance.
This powder coating will add further moisture, fade and UV resistance to the aluminum.
However, because of its lightness, aluminum furniture may easily blow over in high winds. Be aware of this as the seasons change!
Another thing to keep in mind is that aluminum heats up fast, so a bench cushion is required unless you want to burn your legs in the summer.
If you’re not a fan of the more flimsy aluminum, wrought iron is a stronger and heavier metal option. It can last up to 100 years if cared for properly!
Sturdy and stable, it won’t blow over in high winds and is also more malleable when heated, meaning that more intricate and elegant designs can be achieved with it.
Like cast aluminum, iron tends to match the temperature around it, so it can get extremely hot in the summer and frigid in the winter. Be sure to buy upholstery or cushions for a wrought iron bench.
Another disadvantage to iron is that it rusts easily, requires more maintenance, and its heavy weight can make it difficult to maneuver.
Plastic / Synthetic Options:
One of the most popular plastic bench options is called polywood. Not to be confused with real wood, polywood is actually made from high density polyethylene, or HDPE.
HDPE is a durable and recyclable plastic material that is both weather resistant and low-maintenance. It includes UV-resistant pigment for anti-fade power and quality integrity.
As used in the Mahogany Polywood Vineyard Bench, it is a great option for any kind of outdoor furniture because it can be left out during all 4 seasons, and requires little to no upkeep.
Other synthetic options include resin, as used in the Keter Eden Outdoor Bench.
This is a type of moisture-resistant plastic composite, and another great low-maintenance option which fares well in all climates.
Another important factor to consider throughout your selection process is size!
Are you buying a bench because you need additional seating options for a large gathering or family get-together?
Is it because your space is too small for a full-sized dining set, or are you simply trying to spice up your garden with a charming accent piece?
These are all questions you should ask yourself before determining its desired size.
Regardless of your reason for purchase, your bench must be in proportion with the area you have available. Be sure to check its dimensions, as well as features like folding capacity and storage.
If the bench is large but includes storage space, you may be able to get more use out of it in a small area. If it folds, you’ll be able to compress it when not in use and store it away easily.
Finally, you’ll have to be absolutely sure your bench can accommodate its users!
Make sure to check its weight limit before purchase. Different materials have different strength levels, so the max capacities of each bench can vary greatly.
While you may be able to get away with overloading your bench the first few times, after consistent use it is sure to lose structural integrity.
Be careful unless you want to have a splintered mess on your hands!
FAQs About Outdoor Benches:
Q: How do I protect my outdoor bench?
A: This depends on its construction and maintenance requirements.
For example, if it is real wood, it will need more protection. The more vulnerable wood types require sealant finishes and oil touch-ups to prevent deterioration.
If its aluminum, it needs to be taken inside during heavy winds. Wrought iron types should be covered in the summer for risk of overheating.
In contrast, plastic and synthetic materials require the least upkeep, and so are the easiest to protect.
Q: How do you refurbish a garden bench?
A: This depends on what kind of garden bench we’re talking about.
In general, refurbishing involves a process of appraisal (checking out the damage) repair (adding or fixing loose screws and nails), cleaning and finishing.
However, the exact process varies depending on the materials used.
How To Repair & Restore Garden Furniture:
Q: What kind of outdoor furniture lasts longest?
A: The longest-lasting outdoor furniture is synthetic. Plastic composite materials like HDPE and resin have chemical makeups that naturally resist weather damage, moisture and UV rays.
These are the best possible options for those who don’t want to bother with maintenance over long periods of time.
Tips For Choosing An Outdoor Bench:
1: Research the materials.
Each bench comes with its own distinct set of pros and cons due to the material it is constructed with.
Keep that in mind when deciding which bench you’ll be able to use and take care of the best.
2: Crosscheck the weight and size.
There is no point in purchasing a bench that doesn’t fit in your home or can’t accommodate you and your family!
Though it sounds simple, this is a step that many people overlook. It can lead to some pretty negative reviews and bad experiences.
The fix is easy – just make sure to crosscheck the dimensions and max weight capacity of your bench before you buy it.
3: Maintenance is key!
Finally, maintenance is key! Even the highest quality items won’t last long without proper upkeep.
Make sure you’ve done your research and know how to properly care for the bench you invest in.
Buy sealant, oil, water-repellant, or a tarp / bench cover if necessary. By performing the proper maintenance, you save yourself time and money in the long run.
Now that you know all about how to pick a good outdoor bench, it’s time to put your knowledge to the test. No matter which product you ultimately end up bringing home, know that you’ll be getting one of the best options on the market today. Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Outdoor Benches Review Guide For 2023.
Vinyl Works Above Ground Swimming Pool Resin Deck Kit
- Best Pool Slide For Your Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2023
- Summer Waves vs Intex Pools Review Guide For 2023
- Pool Safety For Kids Review Guide For 2023
- Best Above Ground Pool Heaters Everything You Need To Know Review Guide For 2023
- Can Dogs Go In A Pool? Review Guide For 2023
- Best Pool Umbrella Review Guide For 2023
- Top Swimming Pool Fountain Review Guide For 2023
- 2020 Top Rated Above Ground Pools
- Hot Tubs and Spas
- Above Ground Pools With Decks
- Top 4 Best Pool Heater Reviews
- Above Ground and In-Ground Pool Liners