Best LED Pool Light Review Guide Of 2020-2021 – Who doesn’t find it relaxing to lounge in a swimming pool? Pool lights are becoming quite the trend everywhere, and it’s quite easy to see why. Whether you want to increase the level of safety around your pool or make space look beautiful, getting great pool lights can be essential. However, finding the best ones can be tough as there are many models available in the market with different specifications. Well, leave that to us!
Check out these best ones we’ve cherry-picked in our Best LED Pool Light Review Guide Of 2020-2021 to see if they can work for you too. If not, you can always have a look at the buyer’s guide below and remember those factors to pick out your own favorite! Have a look!
Why Buy LED Pool Light?
There are a lot of reasons why you should buy these accessories, and you might have already known some of them.
These lights create a mesmerizing effect during the night, inside and around your swimming pool.
Extend Pool Use:
They allow swimmers to swim even during the night when the sun has gone down.
Increased Safety And Visibility:
Lighting your facility makes it’s more visible and hence safer for both users and people or pets walking near it.
Why LED Light:
Light Emitting Diodes (LED), is still the best technology for lighting swimming pools despite other advanced technologies having emerged. The popularity of these products can be attributed to the trend of eco-friendly or going green. LEDs are energy saving, so while they are costly to purchase, they save you a lot of money in the long-run in term of power bills and reduced carbon footprint.
LED lights last for about 15 years. They also provide superb illumination. Actually, these products can illuminate a 16 x 28 feet pool with ease. The best thing, they are safe to use since they use low voltage. These bulbs have even replaced incandescent models.
Things To Consider When Buying The Best LED Pool Light:
There are a few things that you should consider when buying your LED pool light. They are:
Ease of Installation:
LED pool lights are easy to install. For most models, there is an installation manual, which is self-explanatory, but poorly made models can be hard to install. Fortunately, you can always go for the easy to install models.
You also need to note that not all LED lights are suitable for all fittings. This is an issue that you should watch out for when making your purchase to ensure that your light will fit your swimming pool. Some units come with a magnet that sticks to the wall while others simply float around your pool.
LED lights have one job: to illuminate your swimming pool so that users can see clearly. No matter how strong the unit it, you shouldn’t buy it unless it is bright enough to light up your entire pool. In fact, LED pool lights should be able to light your backyard. They should also work well for your pathways.
On the flip side, you shouldn’t go for excessively bright units. They have their own disadvantages too.
Many buyers don’t think about the features of LED lights, but these products can come with hundreds of features. One of the most common features is the ability to produce different colors. It might not be a must for everyone, but a swimming pool that is often used by kids should have different color abilities. It makes evening swim more fun, which children really love.
Another great feature that people love is dimming ability. This is not possible with most lights, but having this ability can make the difference between owning a classic pool and an ordinary one.
These accessories cost money and you should ensure that you get what you pay for when it comes to efficiency. An efficient unit will be affordable and will save you a hundred dollars when it starts to operate, in terms of the power bill. Of course, it should provide some environmental benefits as bonuses.
Just like other gadgets that use energy, LED lights will convert some of the energy into heat. However, this doesn’t mean that you get a bulb that heats up easily since it will end up losing some of its brightness.
I bet you don’t want to buy a bulb that will die after a week of use. You want to ensure that the model you buy lasts for years if not decades.
Waterproof LED Pool Light Bulb for Inground Swimming Pool
If you have an in-ground pool and you are looking for the best possible light option, then you must get your hands on this WYZM pool light bulb. Easy to install, this bulb has a screw fitting and therefore, can be easily replaced into your pool housing.
The 6000k bulb combines functionality with convenience. It combines the enhanced LED technology with a 45-degree angle. Additionally, it packs enough power to be a 500-watt halogen bulb alternative.
Although it is not equipped with too many features, it is designed for long hours of use around your swimming pool. This light has 15 different colors options available and comes with a range of different settings, which may include smooth color transition or fast color changing. Therefore, you are sure to set any mood you want to.
Overall, the light will last for a very long time and provide your pool with bright and vivid colors time after time. Additionally, you can save more energy and money by using these lights in your pool.
- Waterproof: Upgrade version with aluminum casing,better cooling and 100% IP65 waterproof,this WYZM LED pool bulb is supposed to work more than 5 years with correct installation.
- Common Fit Size: 6″ diameter and 5.5″ high,fit most pool housing except small SPA fixture.No separate controller need just toggle power switch ON/OFF to change color modes.
- Color options: Up to 11 static color and 2 vivid color show mode.Including smooth color transition, single color fade, medium color changing, and fast color changing.
- Cost Saving: Electric Bill consumes up to 50% less energy than competitors’ lights.Able to replace 300-500W pool bulb by using our WYZM 120V 40W led pool light bulb.
- Pay Attention to Voltage: A 2 year warranty offered with correct installation and use.Available in 120-V and 12-V versions,please check what voltage you are current having to avoid return.Installing a 12 Volt bulb into a 120 Volt socket may permanently damage your pool’s lighting system.
- These lights offer very bright colors and a great atmosphere to your pool party.
- The light does not heat up much.
- Moreover, the low power consumption makes them highly economical.
- This LED light is quite easy to install.
- Additionally, it comes with a range of settings to control.
- It can be a permanent solution to your lighting problem.
- These lights are incompatible with Insteon based systems.
- It has potential compatibility issues with X10.
- There are no covers for LEDs.
BULBWIZARDS Poolbright Color Changing Led Pool Bulb 120 Volt-Made in The USA!
This BULBWIZARD LED light comes with seven LED colors options, including blue, green, purple, and more. Additionally, it comes with four-speed settings for a smooth transition. The slowest setting is of 30 minutes, and there are options for 5 minutes and 1-minute transitions.
These lights do not come with any complex pool lighting controls. You are able to change the colors and turn them on or off via your pool switch. These bulbs are rated for 100,000 hours and only consume 30 watts. In fact, these are bright enough to match a 300-400 watt bulb.
Easy to install, this bulb comes with a clear guide. You can set up these bulbs to sync with Seabright and PoolBright lights, in case you want to use them together. Additionally, these LED bulbs are made of durable materials to last long. Therefore, with its multiple functions and colors, it is quite easy to set the right mood for your pool party.
- 7 solid colors with 4 smooth color changing speeds: rapid, slow ( 1 minute); slower ( appx 5 minutes); slowest (appx 20 minutes).
- No remote control needed; control all functions with your on/off pool light switch
- Multiple PoolBright or SpaBright lights on the same elctrical circuit can be easily synchronized.
- 5 year limited warranty Instruction booklet enclosed with each light
- Active cooling for high light output and long LED life; MADE IN THE USA!
- These bulbs offer beautiful color patterns.
- You can enjoy a smooth transition.
- Moreover, it comes with a 3-year warranty.
- The material is high-quality, making it durable.
- You do not need a remote control.
- There’s an instruction manual in the package.
- Additionally, the active cooling system of these bulbs makes them long-lasting.
- You can easily synchronize the lights with the same electrical circuit.
- These lights are not as bright as other LED lights.
- There is often a little bit of flickering.
- The red light option is not very bright.
P&LED 12V,35W Color Changing Swimming Pool Lights Bulb LED PAR56 Light
This is a top product that was made to provide your swimming pool with some mesmerizing light effects without having to cough out much money. It provides a wide range of colors including white, light blue, dark blue, red, green, and purple and it’s very easy to transition from one color to the other. You only need to toggle its switch and every one of its colors is 35% brighter than other LED lights on the market today.
It is very easy to use this unit and it doesn’t require much energy and doesn’t produce heat. It can light clearly 25,000 gallons of water, meaning you can easily see through your pool. Its performance is of the highest quality possible and comes with an easy on/off switch.
- Read carefully the bullet point and the description before placing an order.This is the 12 voltage light,Not suitable for the 120V housing.Pay attention to the size of the light :Diameter:6.69″,High:5.9″.please check carefully the size of the fixture and make sure the diameter of your fixture is bigger than the light.
- Add new functions to the light:1:add memory function to the light.2:add temperature detect and automatic power down function,3: add DC 12v for the light. light is suitable for both AC12v but and DC12V. 4:add remote controller and light matching system.for more details please check the discription,
- This pool light bulb is able to lit up 25000 gallon pool,And as a bonus burns up a lot less electricity in the process.Works for most Pentair Hayward Light Fixture and Hayward Astrolite Series,you can not only simply flip the power switch on and off over and over in order to change the light color mode.but also use remote controller to change light modes. Please be noted,single red mode only 13 watt,not as bright as blue or other color.
- Diameter: 6.69″(169mm) and High:5.9″(128mm).Direct Replacement Screw Fitting Underwater Pool Light Bulb.Compatibility: Hayward Astrolite”SP058 Series,Pentair Amerlite 784,and so on.
- Attention:A one year warranty is provided with each bulb but does not cover the damage due to the wiring of a bulb to a system of different voltage,and water comming into the housing.
- Comes with a remote control
- Super bright, perfect for large pools
- Very easy to install
- Might break down after a while
Pentair 78458100 Amerilte Underwater Incandescent Pool Light
This reliable product is made of a stainless steel shell that ensures it doesn’t rust even when left underwater for hours. The unit also boasts of 8-3/8 inches prismatic hardened glass lens and 10-1/8 inches stainless steel body ring with a uni-tension clamp.
Amerilte also has a thermal cutoff that shuts it off when the water is low. The best part, this product creates unique moods with its green, red, and blue colors, which you can buy separately. The product meets UL standards and is perfect for freshwater use.
- Stainless steel face ring with uni-tension clamp
- Superior light diffusion
- Gold diffused low water cutoff
- Prismatic tempered lens; 500-Watt, 120-Volt
- 50-feet cord length; measures 12-inch length by 11-inch height by 12-inch width
- Stainless steel material
- UL listed
- Heat-sensing cutoff
- Perfect for freshwater only
Pentair 600054 IntelliBrite Waterproof Outdoor LED Color Pool And Spa Light Controller
This product works effectively with IntelliBrite color spa LED and pool lights and IntelliBrite outdoor lights. It can synchronize and control these sets of lights to produce an eye-catching show. The product comes with a waterproof outdoor LED hue light controller and offers easy access to all shows and colors and convenient recall and hold function.
This unit fits in 22½ inches single large or gang box and has an easy to illuminate power button. It is very easy to use this product.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Waterproof outdoor LED color light controller
- Quick access to all colors and shows
- Convenient hold and recall function
- Illuminated power button. Fits in 22.5-cubic-inch single gang box or larger
- Measures 6-1/8-inch length by 5-5/8-inch height by 5-3/8-inch width
- Please refer user manual attached below for instructions and troubleshooting steps
- Very easy to use
- Comes in a large box
- Very affordable
- Hard to assemble
Pentair 601101 IntelliBrite 5G White Underwater LED Pool light
Easy to install, this is another pool light that would be a permanent solution to your lighting needs. The highly reflective design means that the light is reflected at the bottom of the pool. As a result, this will increase the light intensity and make for a better visual effect.
There are many features to love about this light. One of the things is that you get what you are paying for. Although they are not cheap, the long-lasting product life will help you save money in the long run.
Moreover, you can rotate the lens and it has options of 5 different colors options. You can change them to set the mood. Additionally, it works via a simple control system.
In addition, this LED light goes well through the water, even if you have a large pool. Some lights are unable to provide much clarity in the water; however, these are perfect for those night swimmers.
The light works for a very long time, and there is no need to replace it for a large number of years, which makes it very easy to use and maintain. Additionally, there are options for 30-150-foot cord depending on your individual needs.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Energy efficient utilizing up to 86 percent less energy than comparable incandescent lights
- Superior lens geometry and exclusive reflector design combine to create a wider beam and more uniform light distribution
- Pool lens can be rotated to 180 degrees to provide wide beam pattern or narrow beam pattern
- Compatible with Pentair stainless steel and plastic niches
- Available in 120-Volt, 300-Watt; Measures 11-inch length by 9-inch height by 11-inch width
- The reflective design increases the light intensity.
- It is a great option for permanent lighting.
- The durable material makes sit long lasting.
- Additionally, the lens of this light can be rotated.
- You get many colors options to choose from according to your desire.
- Moreover, this bulb helps you save money in the long run.
- These lights do not last long for some people.
- It comes with a mediocre warranty.
- It is a bit difficult to install.
When it comes down to choosing the best pool lights, you cannot go wrong with the LED lights. However, the choice of design you want comes down to personal opinion.We hope your enjoyed this Best LED Pool Light Review Guide Of 2020-2021 and gained some benefit from it.