Best Landscaping Light Review Guide For 2023
Best Landscaping Light Review Guide For 2023 – A beautifully designed landscape serves as a stunning backdrop to showcase any home. But even exceptional landscapes will need outdoor lighting to add drama to enhance the overall look of your property.
Landscape lighting presents an aesthetic and functional addition to any garden to not just show off your home in the best possible light but to also extend your living space and provide lighting for those intimate gatherings and family affairs. Whether it’s just relaxing by the garden or enjoying family barbeques, it’s always wonderful to cast a welcoming glow to any home. In addition, your landscape lighting will also serve as an effective deterrent against intruders.
For maximum effectiveness, a well-planned lighting system is a must to enhance your property’s curb appeal. In fact, a good lighting system can greatly improve its market value. A lot of homeowners may overlook the importance and benefits of investing in landscape lighting, but it definitely presents a viable investment that wonderfully combines both form and function. To find out even more keep reading our Best Landscaping Light Review Guide For 2023.
Most Popular Landscaping Light – Moonrays
Invest in an outdoor lighting system that conveniently allows you to control the brightness and mood of your illumination with minimum fuss. It comes with a 200-watt control box that is designed to program so it can automatically turn on during dusk.
This lighting system can stay on for one to nine hours and can be programmed to either stay always on or always off, or remained turned off until dawn, with easy and fuss-free programming. Constructed with black metal, you can operate control box using a photocell and mount it on a post, deck or to the side area of your house.
The lighting system is also designed with a durable rain tight case that comes complete with a 4 feet, 18 gauge power cord, and ideal for outdoor installation.
- EASY AUTOMATION: With this clever control box, you have the power to coordinate your low voltage landscape lighting fixtures to switch on and off simultaneously.
- DURABLY MADE: The box features a rain-proof metal case for protection from the elements.
- SIMPLE TO USE: With the push of a button, the unit can be programmed to automatically switch your lights on and off for preset lengths of time or in response to the rise and set of the sun.
- Can be mounted to the side of a house, deck or post and Digital and photocell operated with programmable settings – 1 to 9 hours, dusk-to-dawn, always on, and always off.
- Comes with a limited 1-year warranty
- Works flawlessly
- Easy to install kit
- Easy push button programming for automated lighting
- Convenient mounting with two screws
- Allows you to present number of hours and plug and push button
Best Overall Landscaping Light – Malibu 8308-9903-10 Pro Light Set
If you are looking for some functional yet beautifully designed walk lights for your home, Malibu presents a great choice that delivers both. It’s the perfect piece to create that ultimate outdoor appeal.
This kit comes with 10 pieces 10-watt wired path lights, 75 feet cable, 4 pieces 20-watt spot lights and a single 150-watt transformer that are specifically designed to provide adequate illumination on your pathway, driveway and garden beds. At the same time, it is also perfect for improving the security and safety of your property.
Made with durable die cast metal construction, featuring a lively aged bronze finish, this one is built to withstand direct exposure to sunlight and other harsh weather conditions. With its clear glass lens, you can look forward to enjoying unfiltered illumination every single time.
- Kit Includes (6) 10 Watt pro style lights, (4) 20 Watt pro style spot lights, (1) 150 watt transformer and (1) 75 feet of cable
- Aged brass finish
- Die cast metal construction
- Corrosion resistant
- Clear glass lens
- Decent lighting system at a reasonable price
- Great investment for home improvement
- Understated elegance enhances outdoor appeal
- Sturdy construction
Best Budget Landscaping Light – Ideaworks JB5629 Solar-Powered LED Accent Light
If you are looking for a no-fuss landscaping light system, this Garden Creations kit offers you beautiful LED accent lights that are solar powered. This means, the lights are designed to soak up energy from the sun so it can deliver ample illumination at night. This kit is perfect for illuminating gardens, walks and patios.
The kit includes eight lights, with a measurement 4.25” x 4.25” x 13.5”. And with its easy to install kit, you don’t have to call in a professional to set everything up, costing you both on time and money. This lighting system is constructed with heavy duty, weatherproof materials for extended use even with direct exposure to sunlight and rain.
- Easy to install–no wires to run
- Solar-powered lights automatically turn on at dusk and off at dawn
- Made from durable weatherproof materials
- Super-bright white LED lights charged by the sun
- Approximately 17.9 inches tall
- Great deal at reasonable price
- Easy to assemble and set up within 5 minutes
- Perfect for illuminating steps and uneven surfaces
- Kit comes with everything you need to get started
- Solid construction perfect for outdoor applications
Best Landscaping Light Review Guide For 2023
It may surprise you how easily you can turn your landscaping from lackluster to paradise. All you need is to install the right landscape lighting, and the transformation will amaze you. It can, however, be challenging to know exactly what to look for when you are shopping for the right landscaping lights. This article will demystify the process.
How Much Landscape Lighting Do You Need to Buy?
Start with a good idea of the areas in your outdoor space. Know what you want to illuminate before you go shopping. While you may feel that you need as much light as possible, keep in mind that using extra electricity will impact your electric bill. Identify the key areas that you want to light and what type of lighting you will need. One good tip is to have adequate lighting in your entryway for safety and to give a welcoming feel.
What Type Of Landscaping Lights Do You Need?
You will find many options for landscaping lights. These include:-
- Path or Bollard lights that you can use to illuminate a walkway or driveway.
- Pier Mount or Post-Mount lights that you install on top of a structure or pole. These work well for fences, gates, and entry points.
- Deck or Step Lights that you use to light up stairways. They also look great on walls and entertainment spaces.
- Floodlights and Spotlights that you install on trees, buildings or other outdoor features
- Well Lights that you recess into the ground. These look fantastic in any landscaping
- Hardscape lights that wash walls with light
What Effects Do You Want To Create?
Landscaping lights can give your backyard a fantastic effect depending on the type you choose. Such effects include:-
- Uplighting that gives exciting looks to your landscape by highlighting specific features such as trees. You will need Spotlights or Well lights for this
- Silhouette, where you place the light source behind an object. You will need spotlights or Well lights to create this effect
- Shadowing where you place the light at a vantage position so that it creates shadows around specific features. The best lights for this are Floodlights, Well lights, and Spotlights
- Moonlighting works well for landscapes with towering trees. Place your Spotlight high up on the tree, so that it creates an exciting shadow effect on the ground.
- Grazing is where you use Well lights or hardscape lights, whether up or down, to show the texture of a wall.
- Washing is when you use floodlights to give a lot of ambient lighting in a particular area
- Path lighting using bollards or path lights to light your walkway
- Bollard or path lights to illuminate your walkway
Performance And Power:
You have many options concerning the power source for your landscaping lights. You can use your electricity or even go for solar power options. The latter is cost-effective; however, the initial investment may be a bit higher.
Let an expert guide you on the best location to place a solar panel so that you capture sufficient sunlight to power your landscaping lights. If you are using an electrical power source, you must ensure that you get an extension cord that is long enough so that you can light up your backyard correctly. Conceal and secure the wires to avoid any accidents.
Type of Bulb:
You will find many options for the type of bulbs you can get for your outdoor lighting.
- LED lights have become very popular because you get to enjoy long-term usage from them. They may be more costly, but you will end up saving money because you do not have to keep replacing them.
- CFL or compact fluorescent and halogen lights are other options. They, however, have the disadvantage of getting very hot. CFL bulbs contain mercury, which can be a health hazard if they break.
- HID or high-intensity bulbs are other options that work well for larger outdoor spaces.
Transform your backyard with the right landscaping lights. Have a good understanding of the parts of your outdoor space that you need the lighting for, and what kind of effect you need to create. Only then can you determine how much you want to spend.
You have a variety of choices coming in at different price points. However, do your research well so that you get the best value for your money. Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Landscaping Light Review Guide For 2023.
Vinyl Works Above Ground Swimming Pool Resin Deck Kit
- Best Pool Slide For Your Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2023
- Summer Waves vs Intex Pools Review Guide For 2023
- Pool Safety For Kids Review Guide For 2023
- Best Above Ground Pool Heaters Everything You Need To Know Review Guide For 2023
- Can Dogs Go In A Pool? Review Guide For 2023
- Best Pool Umbrella Review Guide For 2023
- Top Swimming Pool Fountain Review Guide For 2023
- 2020 Top Rated Above Ground Pools
- Hot Tubs and Spas
- Above Ground Pools With Decks
- Top 4 Best Pool Heater Reviews
- Above Ground and In-Ground Pool Liners