Best Jungle Gyms Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best Jungle Gyms Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Physical activity is crucial to a child’s development and mental wellbeing. One of the best ways to ensure your child(ren) are entertained, happy, and healthy is to get them a backyard jungle gym.
Jungle gyms vary widely in how large they are and what kind of features they come with and can depend greatly on the age of your child, the space you have available in your yard, and more.
We’ve spent over the past month reviewing the top jungle gyms to bring you the very best currently available. Let’s not waste any time and jump right in! To see our picks keep reading our Best Jungle Gyms Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Lifetime Geometric Dome Climber Play Center – Amazon’s Choice
To start things off, we have the Lifetime Geometric Climber Play Center. This is an excellent choice if you don’t have a ton of room or a large budget as it’s very affordable.
Coming in either Primary Colors, Blue/Brown, Earthtone, or Earthtone with a canopy, all are very attractive to the eye.
If you’re not very DIY-savvy or simply don’t want to interrupt your lawn, then there’s no need to worry.
This model is completely free-standing so there’s no need for cement. In fact, it’s quite low maintenance in just about every way.
The frame is made up of a tough steel that will support at least a few toddler-age children and comes with a 1-year warranty as well.
No lead-based material is used so it’s 100% safe and comes powder-coated so it won’t rust or corrode easily.
On top of that, it’s also UV-resistant so the color of the jungle gym will keep for many seasons.
The dome is great for helping children build upper body strength and balance, featuring rock climbing hand grips to help with coordination and stability as well. This model has been known to create hours of fun.
Lifetime Geometric Dome Climber Play Center at a Glance:
- Dimensions: 10-foot diameter, 5-foot height
- Max Load: 600 Pounds
- Construction Materials: Steel
- Weight: 104 Pounds
- Heavy duty construction; weather and rust-resistant powder-coated steel
- Strong, interactive design; high-density polyethylene (HDPE) climbing grips
- Suitable for children ages 3-10; 600 lb. total weight capacity
- 10 feet wide and 5 feet high, assembled dimensions
- 1-Year Warranty
- 10 ft. Diameter when assembled; 6 ft. radius safety zone suggested
ActivPlay Modular Jungle Gym with Accessories
Easily the best backyard playground on the market today, the ActivPlay Modular Jungle Gym is very impressive.
While you’re also going to have to pay a significantly higher price for it, it comes with everything your child could ever want in an outdoor play area and more.
They’ll be able to play for hours on end and get in a full workout.
It does only come in one color scheme (Blue, Red, and Yellow, it does still look very cool.
The unique modular design lets you customize the shape and size which will work well with various types and shapes of backyards.
You’ll receive a jungle gym base, swing set, hanging bridge, and monkey bars. All of them connect to any side of the base, so there are various combos you can experiment with.
Keeping safety at the forefront of the design, each part meets all ASTM safety standards.
All chains are thus coated with plastic to ensure no fingers get pinched and no hair or clothing gets caught.
Finally, the construction is made to resist all kinds of weather conditions. The frame is made up of heavy-duty, 2-inch steel tubing comprised of 16-gauge steel!
On top of that, it comes with a powder coating to further help protect it from the elements.
ActivPlay Modular Jungle Gym at a Glance:
- Dimensions: 13′ x 18′ x 6.8′
- Max Load: n/a
- Construction Materials: Steel
- Weight: 120.8 pounds
- SAFETY FIRST: Meets and exceeds all ASTM safety standards, making it an outdoor play set you can rely on.
- CUSTOMIZABLE: Accessories easily attach to all sides of the Modular Jungle Gym base, allowing you to customize the size and shape of your jungle gym.
- SAFE DESIGN: Includes plastic sleeves on chains and no-pinch joint covers for added protection.
- SKILL BUILDER: Modular design helps children develop gross motor skills while having a blast with friends and family.
Costzon Foldable Climber
Our next product is quite a bit different from the others we’ve covered so far.
If you’re looking for a smaller model ideal for toddlers (between ages 2 and 5) then the Costzon Foldable Climber is a great option.
This jungle gym is excellent for helping younger children develop strength and coordination, and its foldable design saves time and effort for tired parents during cleanup.
While most competitor models are made of steel, this one is made from high-quality wood.
Not only does it look more expensive, but it is also great to use in all kinds of conditions, whether indoor or outdoor.
The bars are also varnished and well-polished. This solid construction can stand completely on its own, so there’s no need to make holes in your home.
Consisting of a climbing triangle, colorful ladder, and a bright yellow slide, it’s perfect for 2 to 3 children at a time.
All products are nontoxic so there’s no need to worry if a little one ends up chewing on them.
Costzon Foldable Climber at a Glance:
- Dimensions: 48’’ X 28’’ X 43.5’’
- Max Load: 132 Pounds
- Construction Materials: Wood
- Weight: 35 Pounds
- 2-in-1 Colorful Climbing Triangle Ladder: The triangle ladder comes with a ladder that can be tilted as needed to climb and slide. It can not only strengthen children’s motor skills and balance control, but also help children to improve their courage. This is the perfect toy to accompany your baby to grow up!
- Stable Triangular Structure: With a triangular structure and metal connections, this climbing triangle ladder provides a solid foundation to prevent collapse to the greatest extent. It is strong enough and has a high bearing capacity of 132 lbs, which is suitable for kids aged 6 months to 6 years.
- Sturdy Materials & Environmentally Friendly Paint: Our climbing triangle ladder is made of high-quality natural wood, which is very strong and durable. The surface is sprayed with BPA free environmental friendly paint, which is nontoxic and odorless to protect children’s health.
- Foldable Design & Easy to Clean: This climbing triangle with a foldable design can be easily reduced in size for storage and movement without taking up too much space. In addition, the smooth and waterproof surface makes it easy to clean and maintain with a wet cloth.
- Exquisite Workmanship & Safety Guarantee: Triangle climber has excellent workmanship and perfect details, making every corner smooth and free of burrs to prevent kids from being injured. In addition, it has passed ASTM certification to ensure the safety of kids.
Zupapa Upgraded Dome Climber
Quite possibly the best outdoor jungle gym we’ve come across, Zupapa 2020 Upgraded Dome Climber Decagonal Geo Jungle Gym is the best bang for your buck.
Available at an affordable price, you’re really receiving pure quality.
This dome is made to fit 1 to 6 kids 10 years of age or younger which is perfect for having friends over or if you have a lot of kids living in one household.
With a weight capacity of over 735 pounds, it’s easily one of the strongest currently out there. 10 feet in diameter and 5 feet high, it’s still relatively safe as well if someone falls.
Made of hot-dipped, galvanized steel, it’s extremely durable and weather-resistant. It will not rust, nor will the colors fade in the sun.
An included 2-year warranty will let you rest easy knowing that you’re covered if something isn’t working properly. Customized black climbing grips help them to securely hold onto the dome as well.
Assembly isn’t too difficult, though it’s slightly more time-consuming than the other domes on our guide.
This model does only come in one color scheme – yellow and blue – however it’s bright and looks great in any backyard.
Zupapa 2020 Upgraded Dome Climber at a Glance:
- Dimensions: 10-foot diameter, 5-foot height
- Max Load: 735 Pounds
- Construction Materials: Galvanized Steel
- Weight: 83 Pounds
- 🌟This Dome Climber is 2021 upgraded one, which we have upgraded the thickness of the five purple poles on the top. But why we just upgraded the five poles? For Our experts have tested repeatedly that just the five upgraded poles will make the climber much more sturdy and safer.
- 🌟This Zupapa Dome Climber is fit for 1-6 kids within 10 years old. And we have upgraded the jungle gym and its weight capability is over 735lbs. When assembled, it’s 10 feet diameter and 5 feet high.
- 🌟The dome climber enjoys two years warranty, just come to touch us if there is any problem in future use.
- 🌟The climbing frames are made of Hot dip galvanized steels, which are durable and weather rust-resistant.
- 🌟For much sturdier and safer for kids to use, this jungle gym has more screws to assemble, but we have upgraded its assembling way, so be sure to check the assembling steps before you start to set up your Dome.
Pegas Indoor Climber Set
Now for something a bit different from the rest of our list: the Pegas Indoor Climber Set.
This versatile jungle gym is perfect for high energy little ones, with a climbing ladder, gymnastics rings, trapeze and a basketball hoop.
Parents, breathe a sigh of relief – your kids will be occupied for hours! Built with sturdy metal and plastic, the Pegas can support 220 pounds at once – great for playdates and parties.
Weighing in at 132 pounds, this climbing set is quite heavy. Moving it around could present difficulties, so be sure to check the dimensions against the space you have.
This jungle gym also requires assembly, but no fear – included in the package is a detailed instruction packet with labeled diagrams.
The Pegas is one of the best jungle gyms on the market, providing hours of entertainment for hyperactive children. This is a model your kids will remember for years to come.
Pegas Indoor Climber Set at a Glance:
- Dimensions: 3′ x 7′
- Max Load: 220 Pounds
- Construction Materials: Metal, Plastic
- Weight: 132 Pounds
- none at this time
Kids Jungle Climbing Tower
The Kids Jungle Climbing Tower is another top rated product for children.
Your little ones can stay healthy and active with this model, which is built exclusively for climbing and hanging.
While it features just a single monkey bar, there are still a plethora of possibilities. You can attach a swingset, climbing rope and ladder to make playtime more versatile.
This model is ideal for kids ages 3 to 9 years old, with a maximum weight capacity of 110 pounds.
Made from high-quality steel construction, the Kids Jungle climber is naturally resilient against heavy wear-and-tear.
However, it is still extremely light weight and portable because of its folding feature. The two sides easily fold together for compact storage, making your life as a parent a little easier.
This is a great option for on-the-go parents with active children.
Kids Jungle Climbing Tower at a Glance:
- Dimensions: 58″ x 40″ x 54″
- Max Load: 110 Pounds
- Construction Materials: Steel
- Weight: 20 Pounds
- Children will enjoy endless fun & active playtime with this Large Sturdy Jungle Monkey Bar Climbing Tower.
- Foldable and easy to store, dimensions ( Assembled ) 58″ x 40″ x 52″ (Inches)
- 4 Adjustable Height Levels 36″ – 41″ – 46″ – 52″
- Supports up to 40 KG (90 Pounds) Heavy Duty Sturdy Frame with two round base pedestals, with 4 slip resistant rubber floor stabilizers!
- Assembled Dimensions: 40″ (Width) x 58″ (Length) x 52″ (Up to 52″ Height”)
Eezy Peezy Monkey Bars Climbing Tower – Amazon’s Choice
Finally, we bring you the Eezy Peezy Monkey Bars Climbing Tower. This one is great if you’re trying to keep costs low, or if you have very small children you’re buying for.
It’s also one of the easiest and quickest to assemble, so if you’re not that confident with your DIY skills, this set is no problem.
Made for children ages 3 to 8 years old, this model will rapidly become one of their favorite outdoor activities!
Made of high-quality plastic enhanced with UV protection, they will never warp or fade. The bright green and blue color scheme is fun and is sure to catch the eyes of little ones.
The little climbing tower on top adds an extra layer of interest and lets them sit comfortably on top of the world. Despite being made of plastic, it’s actually quite durable yet lightweight enough to move around with ease.
The interlocking plastic tubes and connectors come with double self-locking springs for added toughness.
As it is so portable and relatively compact, you can choose to place it indoors or outdoors to keep your kids active and entertained even when the weather isn’t so great.
Eezy Peezy Monkey Bars Climbing Tower at a Glance:
- Dimensions: 70″ x 66″ x 47″
- Max Load: 150 Pounds
- Construction Materials: UV-resistant plastic
- Weight: 27 Pounds
- Endless play: children will enjoy endless fun and active playtime with the toy Monster monkey bars climbing tower. This will quickly become a favorite backyard activity.
- Durable: featuring interlocking plastic tubes and connectors with double self locking springs make this set Durable, yet surprisingly lightweight and easy to assemble.
- Quality: Made of high quality plastic enhanced with UV protection. Uv protection offers long lasting outdoor play while quality plastic material ensures long lasting lifetime of product.
- Portable: ideal size for indoor and outdoor use. Lightweight and easy assembly makes it convenient for unit to be moved easily so your child always has their favorite toy rain or shine.
- Includes: Monster monkey bars climbing tower. Assembled Dimensions 70. 07 x 65. 53 x 46. 65 (inches). Product weight 27lbs. Max load: 150lbs. Assembly required. Ages 3 to 8. Note: anchors not included.
Best Jungle Gyms Buyers Guide For 2022-2023
How to Choose the Best Backyard Jungle Gym
Now that you’ve made it through our reviews of some good jungle gyms, do you know which one you’d like for you kids? If not, then there’s no need to worry!
We realize it can be confusing trying to narrow it down to just one model, especially when there are so many wonderful options out there!
On top of that, you want your child to like it, and everyone has different tastes. That’s why we’ve taken it upon ourselves to write up the user-friendly buying guide below.
This guide will take you through each step of the process to ensure you’re 100% certain which backyard playground jungle gym is for your children, by the time you’re done reading.
First, you want to make sure that the jungle gym you have in mind for your child(ren) will actually work.
It’s important to not only think about your child’s weight, but how many kids will realistically or could possibly play on it at once.
If your child typically just plays on their own, then a smaller weight limit (100 pounds or less) is probably just fine.
However, if they like to have friends over regularly then you’ll want to start moving that weight limit up.
Usually, manufacturers will indicate not only a weight limit but also how many children of a certain age group can play on it at once.
Realistically, you’re probably not going to want to keep the jungle gym in your backyard forever.
Eventually you’ll want to move, or the kids will outgrow the equipment. Not only that, but you may just want to move it to a different location in the yard or from outside to inside your home.
Remember, many jungle gyms are made for outdoor and indoor use.
This is great for when the weather starts getting colder or wetter and your kids still want to play on the equipment!
Take into consideration not only the weight of the entire set, but its size, which can also vary greatly.
As you have already noticed from the models we covered today, many jungle gyms have places for kids to climb on, which means that there’s a chance that they could become injured.
On top of that, there are often certain activities that are only designed for those of a certain age. You’ll want to make sure it works with your child’s age and size.
One of the most common examples of this, is the climbing bars on a ladder may be too high or too widely spaced apart for a younger child which increases the risk of injury.
They may also be too short for the monkey bars which means that they’re limited to only a few activities on their own play set.
In contrast, you want to ensure your child isn’t too old or big for the jungle gym in question as they could potentially break the equipment.
What would be ideal in this case, is that you select a model that can “grow” with your child.
The TP Toys Explorer 2 is the perfect example, as you can adjust the height of it as your child gets older!
Let’s be honest: children seem to get bored more easily now, more than ever before. This could be because there are screens and constant stimulation just about everywhere we go.
However, it’s important that children also have time to play outside and develop their physical skills as well.
To keep them playing for longer, you want them to be entertained, which means offering versatility. Domes can offer hours of endless fun, though they’re not for every child.
Monkey bars and climbing bars tend to be the most popular activities found on jungle gyms, and are perfect for teaching kids how to climb more effectively and help build upper body strength, balance, and coordination.
Ladders, rock climbing, and ropes are also great alternatives.
The great thing about the jungle gyms we reviewed above, is that each of them is made to last for quite a while.
However, you’re probably going to want to have it around for more than a year or 2, right? That means that you want it to be nice and durable.
This will depend almost entirely on the materials they’re made out of. Let’s take a look at the most common materials and how they hold up.
Wood: Wood definitely looks the best and most expensive out of all materials.
However, it’s typically not the most weather-resistant unless the manufacturer has added a specific weather-resistant coating on it.
Steel: Steel is the toughest of the bunch, and is definitely going to be the longest-lasting under all types of weather conditions.
However, depending on the coating, it may get very hot or very cold outside.
Plastic: Plastic is the cheapest of them all, though it’s also the least durable so they’re ideal for toddler models that won’t be needed for many years anyway.
Ease of Assembly:
As you could probably imagine, jungle gyms also vary quite a bit when it comes to assembly. It’s important to not only look at how long it takes to assemble, but how difficult it is in general.
Do you require tools, and if so, which ones? There are some which require at least an hour of work to get it together, while others feature parts that simply snap into place (generally only the plastic models).
How much are you willing to spend on a top jungle gym for your child?
It’s a wise idea to come up with a number and set a budget for yourself before you start looking around as it’s also quite easy to really want to get a certain model and spend more than you’d originally intended on.
This can create buyer’s remorse, which we don’t want. We want you and your little ones to be completely happy with the jungle gym – whichever one that may be.
FAQs About Backyard Playgrounds / Jungle Gyms
Q: Are jungle gyms safe?
A: Generally speaking, yes, they are. They’re designed with children’s safety at the forefront – everything after that is secondary.
I’d recommend to look for models certified to be safe by a government agency if you’re really having doubts.
Q: What is the best ground cover for a playground?
A: Pea gravel, rubber mulch, and poured rubber are going to be the best options. Natural and artificial grass are also great alternatives and are quite soft.
Q: What is the best material for a jungle gym?
A: Wood and/or steel are going to be the best choices here. Wood is a bit more forgiving than steel if a child bumps their elbow or something on the jungle gym, but steel is definitely the most durable.
Q: How do you prepare ground for a playground?
A: Make sure that there are no obstacles in the way of the playground cover.
You don’t want a child to accidentally trip over it or get hurt by stepping on something that could have easily been avoidable.
Next, choose your playground cover and create a border so you know where the area starts and ends.
Tips For Choosing Jungle Gyms:
1: Try to choose a model that grows as your child does.
The bigger gyms are also nice in this sense, as there will be some activities they enjoy doing when they’re younger.
As they start growing they can move onto “bigger kid” activities such as the monkey bars. This will get you more use out of it.
2: Make sure all chains are covered.
Many jungle gyms feature accessories like swings that use chains. This can easily result in a child with a stuck finger, hair, skin, etc.
Choose manufacturers that care enough about their consumers to use a plastic cover over these areas.
3: Make sure it’s conducive to the area you live in.
For example, you probably don’t want to get a steel model if it’s freezing all year round.
This is not going to be fun to play on for the kids as the metal is going to get cold. In this case, you’d be better off with wood, which wouldn’t crack like plastic is more likely to.
Now that you’ve had the chance to read everything you could ever want to know about the best jungle gyms, which one will your child be playing on in the near future?
If you still haven’t made a decision, you can rest easy knowing that whichever one you select will be one of the best in the world.
However, what’s most important is that you choose one that perfectly suits your child’s age, size, development, and preferences.
We hope that our guide was able to help you do just that. Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Jungle Gyms Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Vinyl Works Above Ground Swimming Pool Resin Deck Kit
- Best Pool Slide For Your Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Summer Waves vs Intex Pools Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Pool Safety For Kids Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Above Ground Pool Heaters Everything You Need To Know Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Can Dogs Go In A Pool? Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Pool Umbrella Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Top Swimming Pool Fountain Review Guide For 2022-2023
- 2020 Top Rated Above Ground Pools
- Hot Tubs and Spas
- Above Ground Pools With Decks
- Top 4 Best Pool Heater Reviews
- Above Ground and In-Ground Pool Liners