Best Hot Tub Heater Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best Hot Tub Heater Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Traditionally, hot tubs weren’t hot all the time. They didn’t have a thick insulation spa top either. In fact, they were heated on demand. Now, portable spas are available almost everywhere.
Manufacturers have hence created the plug and play appliances which is why a spa already has an integrated electric heater. They have an electric heating element fit into a stainless steel tube. This is a hot tub heater that’s obviously responsible for heating your spa. To find out more keep reading our Best Hot Tub Heater Review Guide For 2022-2023.
BWG Balboa M7 Hot Tub Spa Heater
Balboa M7 is a genuine heater made of stainless steel material to prevent corrosion. The model is recommended for replacement purposes and can provide you with a warm hot tub.
One incredible thing about the heater is the dual sensor technology that comes in handy when heating water. You can fit this model to all fittings of 2¼-inch and plumbing of 1.5-inch.
Another notable thing is the 12-month warranty that gives you peace since you are covered from any damage. The unit comes pre-installed to minimize the installation time.
You can bet the heater gives value for the money and lasts for years without getting damaged.
- Genuine Balboa M7 Heater Assembly OEM # 58117
- 4.0kW @ 240V — 1.0kW @ 120V
- 15″ Stainless Steel Housing for long service life
- Fits Balboa VS, EL, TS, GS, and BP Series control systems.
- Dual sensors included, pre-installed
- Made of stainless steel material
- Has a 12-month warranty
- Boasts of the latest technology
- Made by professionals in the USA
- Easy to install
- Might take a long to install
Northern Lights Group Balboa Heater
The product comes with a sensor to ensure that you install it when you receive the package. You can use it as a replacement heater, thanks to the universal fitting nature.
One astonishing thing about this unit is the 12-month warranty that shows you can trust getting value for bucks. It has a durable outer shell that helps to prevent corrosion – made of stainless steel material.
There are also 2-inch tailpieces and temperature sensors in the package. That means you get all the accessories you need to install the hot tub heater.
You do not need to seek professional help when installing the heater as it comes pre-installed and ready for use.
- Balboa 5.5 Kw Heater Tube assembly + sensors PN 58083
- 800 Incoloy Heater Element
- Stainless Steel Outer Shell
- Temperature sensors and 2″ tail pieces included.
- 1 Year Manufacture Warranty
- Stainless steel outer material
- A 12-month warranty
- Has a temperature sensor
- Quality heating element
- Provides value for money
- Not quite durable
Hayward W3H250FDP Universal H-Series Pool and Spa Heater
The model delivers effective heating for years to ensure that you relax in a comfortable hot tub or pool. That is all possible due to the long-lasting cupro-nickel heat exchanger that resists rust and corrosion.
You should note that the model allows you to heat water with chemicals, and it still does a great job. Another notable thing is the hydraulic design that helps to shorten the pump operation time to save energy.
The front-panel access nature of the heater makes it easy to operate, maintain, and service. Also, the unit is Low NOx emission certified, meaning you can count on quality service without air pollution.
- The Hayward Universal H-Series 250,000 BTU Propane Heater delivers premium heating performance for years of reliable, long-lasting comfort
- A durable cupro nickel heat exchanger offers exceptional protection against corrosion and premature failure caused by unbalanced water chemistry
- Industry-leading hydraulic design reduces circulation pump run time to provide major energy savings
- Front-panel-only access and intuitive control pad provide easy operation, service and maintenance
- Low NOx emissions meet air quality standards in all low-NOx areas, ensuring low environmental impact
- Up to 250,000 BTU
- Multipurpose model for spa and pool heating
- Has a durable cupro nickel heat exchanger
- Low NOx emission satisfied
- Propane gas make it costly to run
ZMM 240V 11KW Electric Pool Water Heater
The product is made for hot tubs and small pools, making it the perfect unit for spa owners. It comes with a thermostat that ensures your hot tub gets heated when the temperature reduces.
That helps you maintain the water temperature at around 22-50 degrees, which is ideal for a jacuzzi. Another extraordinary thing is the intelligent self-checking system that helps to monitor the performance.
You can bet the model lasts for years thanks to the stainless steel construction, which resists rust and corrosion. The heater comes with multiple protections that adds reliability, safety, and protection.
- Note:It is 240V,only made for US.1.【Automatic Heating】This thermostat is designed specifically for the hot tub, adopted Flow Temperature Sensor Technology The sensor is always under the control of the single-chip microcomputer to accurately and timely monitor the temperature status of the entire heating system and the flow.the water temperature bath maintained at 22-50 degrees Celsius, give your Jacuzzi to create a more comfortable environment
- 2.【Intelligent Self-checking System】Comprehensively monitor the operating status of the system, and quickly make appropriate judgments and displays, thereby avoiding poor water flow, dry fuel and other failures in the absence of water, and more convenient for the user or maintenance personnel to judge and maintain the fault.
- 3.【High Quanlity】The heating thermostat liner material is 316# stainless steel and the electric heating tube provided by Duan Baker Company which has good corrosion resistance (chlorine corrosion).
- 4.【Multiple Protections】The Pool Heater has multiple protections, safety and reliability – over-current, ultra-high temperature, short circuit to the power supply line, and water flow protection.
- 5.【ST Series Pool Heaters】 special used for small pool less than 7CBM,Less Than 2000 Gallon massage pool and hot spring to heat and keep warm; Meanwhile, can be a assistant for heat pump in heating.This product adopts latest constant temperature controller- -temperature sensor replaces traditional magnetic flow switch,it improves greatly of trouble free in working time, adaptability of water environment and stability.
- Specially made for hot tubs
- Intelligent self-checking system
- Multiple protections
- Ideal for small pools
- Made to last for years
- Designed for use only in the USA
American Standard 9075.120 Safe-T-Heater – Amazon’s Choice
American Standard 9075.120 Safe-T-Heater is an electric hot tub heater that is designed to maintain the temperature of the water in your hot tub when it’s in use. The unit can work with any American standard whirlpool tub. Just fill the hot tub with water at the temperature you desire, install this heater and it will maintain the temperature for you.
It’s just a plug and play unit, no assembling is required. The only problem with this unit is that it does not heat the water. It has been designed to keep the water warm enough for you to enjoy a long soak. You will need to make sure the pump is turned on; the water is circulating and the jets are running.
- Whirlpool accessory
- Maintain constant water temperature
- Allows for longer, more relaxing soak
- Compatible only with American Standard Whirlpool tubs
- Quick and easy two-step installation
- Fill the tub with water at your preferred temperature, and this E-Z Install in-line heater will maintain it for you.
- Equipped with a pre-set pressure switch so the pump must be running with water flowing in the whirlpool to allow the heater to turn on
- Keeps the water at a constant temperature
- Installation is easy
- Plug and play operation
- It doesn’t heat the water very well, only good to keep it warm
Hayward H150FDN Universal H-Series 150,000 BTU Pool and Spa Heater
Hayward H150FDN Universal H-Series 150,000 BTU Pool and Spa Heater is an environmentally friendly unit so, it produces low NOx emissions. The unit is made of Cupro Nickel to provide longevity. There is an LED control panel that lets you check the temperature. You can set the pool to the temperature you desire.
Within 1 hour, the unit can raise the temperature of 800-gallon water to 30 degrees. You will enjoy the soak as soon as you get into the hot tub. The force draft system moves air through its combustion chamber. This ensures that the weather outside does not influence the heating performance.
The unit has a few problems. It’s noisy so this might interrupt your peace. Plus, lots of users have complained the company doesn’t honor its warranty.
- Standard Cupro nickel heat exchanger for superior value and reliability
- Patented polymer header and bypass valve design for the ultimate in hydraulic efficiency and reliability
- Hayward Universal design for easy and versatile professional installation
- Environmentally responsible low NOx emissions to meet or exceed air quality emission standards in all Low NOx regions
- Installation is simple
- Heats the water in no time
- The fire tile traps the heat and makes sure the water stays warm for longer
- Hayward does not honor its warranty
- The unit is pretty loud when it’s on
Best Hot Tub Heater Buyers Guide For 2022-2023
Types of Hot Tub Heaters
Hot tub heaters are available in 2 types – gas and electric.
- Gas Heaters
They are powered by natural gas or propane. These heaters are mostly used in in-ground spas, portable spas or free-standing wooden hot tubs. They can add up 1 to 2 degrees a minute. You can set the spa at a low resting temperature and it will still heat up quickly. They function well but they are expensive to install. You will need a gas line connection to supply gas to the unit, of course. The unit has to sit in the open air for exhaust purposes.
- Electric Heaters
The heating element is packed in a stainless steel tube. There are union connectors at the end. Other than that, the tube has temperature sensors that help you control the temperature and monitor the water flow. Electric heaters are less expensive as compared to gas heaters. The installation is a breeze too. Plus, the maintenance and repair costs are low. They might take more hours to heat the water, especially if the temperature outside is cold. Another downside is that they may increase your utility bill.
Frequently Asked Questions:
We have a list of the commonly asked questions about hot tub heaters.
Q: How Much Does a Hot Tub Heater Cost?
A: A hot tub heater can cost around $225 to $650. You can get it for a lower price or a high one depending on the model you choose, the brand, and the features.
Q: How Does a Hot Tub Heater Work?
A:From the name, it’s pretty clear that a hot tub heater is responsible for keeping the water warm. The heater works in a unique way. Once you have filled the hot tub with water, it goes through the filter and reaches the heater. The hot tub pump pushes the water through the heating device. It warms up the water on the basis of the temperature set by the user. The heating device has a heating coil that converts the energy into heat and warms the water. Once the water has gone through this heating device, it passes through the pipes and reaches the jets. The jets finally deliver the water to the hot tub letting you enjoy a nice and warm bath.
Q: Why is My Hot Tub Heater Not Working?
A: Several issues can make a hot tub heater not function or stop working, such as closed valves, clogged pump impeller, low water level, blocked spa, or clogged pipes.
This unit relies on sufficient water flow to continue operating the right way.
You can also remove the filter and clean them to see if you will rectify the problem.
Q: How to Install the Hot Tub Heater?
A: To install the hot tub heater, you must first power off the hot tub itself. Make sure all the water is drained from the tub. Then follow the steps below:
Disconnect the power line that connects the tub to the heater.
Remove the couplings and then take the heater out.
Install the new heater and put everything back.
Connect the power line and you are ready to use the hot tub.
There are tons of different brands and models of hot tub heaters on the market with unique features. The first thing you need to decide whether you want a gas or electric heater. Keeping in mind the type and size of your hot tub, take a mental note of the specifications you want in the unit.
Pick a model that meets your heating needs the best. If you’re not sure, any of the above-mentioned products will make sure you get the best bang for your buck. Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Hot Tub Heater Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Vinyl Works Above Ground Swimming Pool Resin Deck Kit
- Best Pool Slide For Your Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Summer Waves vs Intex Pools Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Pool Safety For Kids Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Above Ground Pool Heaters Everything You Need To Know Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Can Dogs Go In A Pool? Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Pool Umbrella Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Top Swimming Pool Fountain Review Guide For 2022-2023
- 2020 Top Rated Above Ground Pools
- Hot Tubs and Spas
- Above Ground Pools With Decks
- Top 4 Best Pool Heater Reviews
- Above Ground and In-Ground Pool Liners