Best Baby Beach Tents Review Guide For 2023
Best Baby Beach Tents Review Guide For 2023 – Most people enjoy going to the beach and hanging out with friends and family by the shore. But if you don’t take certain precautions, your day can quickly take a turn for the worst, particularly when it comes to sun exposure. Nobody enjoys dealing with sunburn. Parents need to be particularly vigilant when it comes to protecting babies, who have sensitive and delicate skin.
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, children six months old or younger should avoid the sun completely. As a result, a baby beach tent is a vital beach accessory. While some are designed especially for children, others also accommodate adults. Check out our list of the best baby beach tents currently available. We did the work, so you don’t have to. To find out more keep reading our Best Baby Beach Tents Review Guide For 2023.
Babymoov Anti-UV Beach Tent
The Babymoov Anti-UV Beach Tent is our number one choice because it will greatly protect your baby from the sun, wind, and other elements. This tent is 39 inches long, 35 inches wide, and 33 inches high. It has UPF 50+ sun protection so your child will avoid 99 percent of harmful UV-A and UV-B rays. It also includes a mesh mosquito net to protect your baby’s delicate skin. It takes just seconds to unfold this lightweight tent, which weighs only two pounds, and its pegs secure it to the sand or ground. It also comes with a storage bag and has a back window for airflow.
The biggest complaint about this tent is that it’s a little difficult to fold, and you may need to watch a video tutorial online to properly put it back in the bag. Also, the stakes don’t work very well on loose sand.
- LARGE PLAYSHADE: This large tent (39″ L x 35″ W x 33″ H) creates the perfect space for your child to play or rest while ensuring he or she is protected from sun, wind and other elements.
- ULTIMATE PROTECTION AND SAFETY: The dome tent material has an anti-UV rating of 50+ keeping your child’s skin protected from 99% of harmful UV-A and UV-B rays. The tent canopy blocks sand, wind and also features a mosquito net built for the outdoors.
- EASY TO USE POP-UP SYSTEM: Tent folds and unfolds in seconds. When unfolded, use its pegs to secure the sun shelter to the ground or sand. When folded, use the carry bag included for easy storage and transportation.
- PROTECTS FROM SUN, WIND, BUGS AND ELEMENTS: A zipped mesh netting offers protection from mosquitoes and other bugs. A back window creates ventilation to keep your baby cool when sun protection is much needed on those warm summer days on the beach.
- USE IT EVERYWHERE: Portable and lightweight (2lbs only!), this canopy tent is an essential when you and baby are on the go. Use it for privacy and protection on the beach, as a travel bed, outdoor play shade, or playard at home.
Monobeach Baby Beach Tent – Amazon’s Choice
The best thing about the Monobeach Baby Beach Tent is its affordable price. This pop-up portable shelter is designed for children under the age of three and is 47.5 x 30 x 32 inches. It reduces to 21 inches when it’s folded in the storage bag. This lightweight tent weighs just 1.2 pounds and is very easy to carry. It includes a unique mini pool, so your child can play in the water instead of on the beach. The tent also provides 50+ UV protection to keep harmful sun rays off your baby. It also comes with four pegs to secure it to the sand or ground.
One problem with this tent is that a child who is not on the smaller side will not have room to stand inside of it. Also, it can be a little challenging to fold for storage until you figure it out.
- [Design Concept]: designed for children under 3 years of age. At the bottom of the mini pool can allow baby play in the water instead of go to the seaside, parents can have extra time to enjoy the beach trip.
- [Uv protection]: 50+. better protect baby from the sun’s harmful rays.
- [Convenient]: automatic pop up; light; easy carry with a bag; removable.
- [Dimension]: open size: 47.5* 31.5* 27.5 in.; carry bag size: 21in..
- [What you get]: 1baby shade Tent; 1 carry bag; 4* pegs; friendly customer service.
Pacific Breeze Easy Setup Beach Tent – Amazon’s Choice
The Pacific Breeze Easy Setup Beach Tent is designed for adults too, not just your baby. So, if you’d rather spend time inside a beach canopy with your child rather than leaving them alone, this is the way to go. This tent features a specially designed hub system that makes it quick and easy to set up. It protects against sun, rain, and wind and includes materials that incorporate UPF 50+ sun protection. The tent is 86.6 x 49.2 x 47.2 inches and weighs 4.45 pounds. It is water repellent, breathable, and has large windows for airflow. There are also internal pockets for storage, and it comes with a carrying case, sand pockets, stakes, and a one-year warranty.
One downside, it can require two people to set it up. And like many other tents on this list, it can be tough to fold it back into its carrying bag.
- Specially designed hub system showcases industry leading design. Allows for fast and easy setup
- Lightweight, compact beach tent provides protection from the sun, rain and wind for all outdoor activities, UPF 50+ sun protection and large windows for ventilation. The beach tent is made from breathable polyester and is water repellent. weighing just 4.5 pounds and folds down to a travel size of 40 L x 5 W x 5 H
- The tent is 87 L x 47 H x 49 D, providing a spacious interior shelter and has internal pockets to store personal items. Durable and lightweight fiberglass frame and water resistant PE floor makes the beach tent a great outdoor accessory
- Includes a carrying case, sand pockets, and stakes
- Pacific Breeze’s customer friendly 1 year warranty. Call or email any time for support!
ZOMAKE Pop Up Tent
The ZOMAKE Pop Up Tent also accommodates adults as well as children. Designed to shade three to four people, this spacious tent measures 95 by 71 by 40 inches and is made of durable PU-coated polyester that provides UPF 50+ sun protection. It can be used for shelter from the sun as well as for camping or as a child’s playhouse. It’s very simple to set up: open the package, unstrap the tent, toss it into the air, and it opens automatically. No poles are required. The tent comes with two mesh doors, two mesh windows, and a large mesh roof/sky window. They provide ventilation but keep bugs out. It comes with a carrying bag, installation instructions, and a 90-day money-back guarantee.
However, it folds into a flat disc shape that is rather large when it’s not in use. Also, moisture easily gets through the tent due to its partial mesh construction.
- Very spacious for 3-4 people
- It could be used for general camping in clear weather. It is also a great gift for kids as play house and sun shelter
- Seconds Pop Up – Open the package, unstrap the tent, throw it in the air, watch it open itself in seconds. No need to fumble with poles or complicated instructions
- Ventilation& Blocking Mosquitoes – 2 mesh doors, 2 mesh windows and an extra big mesh roof sky window. With high density mesh net, being air fresh while keeping insects out
- Tent Size – Open size : Very roomy for 3 adults, could easily fit 4 if needed. Ideal for a family rest. Folding Size: 80 cm in diameter as a disc（With installation instructions）
- Material – Durable sturdy 190T PU-coated silver ANTI-UV polyester fabric, provide UPF 50+ Sun Protection and no odd smell inside the tent
- NO RISK BUYING – Carrying bag With the installation instructions, or you can search “ZOMAKE tent” on the “”Youtube”” for the folding video. If anything at all goes wrong with your tent, you have 90 days to request a replacement, completely for free! This is our crazy promise. We don’t lie.
SUNBA YOUTH Baby Tent – Amazon’s Choice
A sleeping baby will enjoy the SUNBA YOUTH Baby Tent, which is 53 x 35 x 24 inches and folds down to 19.3 inches. It provides small children with enough space to move around and play. This shelter is 100 percent non-toxic and eco-friendly. It’s made with silver-coated material that provides UPF 50+ sun protection, so your baby won’t be exposed to harmful UV rays. The tent also features a mesh construction for plenty of airflow. There’s also a mosquito net to prevent insects from infiltrating. The tent comes with two tent pegs, pops open in just seconds, and is simple to fold down. Overall, it’s small enough to travel with but is large enough for a child to play in.
Unfortunately, like other baby beach tents, it can be hard to fold back into its carrying bag. Some also complain that the bottom isn’t soft enough.
- 【Friendly Material】 – Made of certificated high quality material, 100% non-toxic and eco-friendly, ensures baby safe and comfort.
- 【Anti UV】 – The special silver coated fabric around the full coverage to ensure the best Anti-UV Effect. The UV rating of 50+ (UPF 50+) – protect you and your family from the sun harmful rays.
- 【Wind-resistant & Ventilated】 – Comes with 2 durable tent pegs, you don’t need worry the baby tent getting blown away. Mesh design all around make sure your baby enjoy the comfortable breeze. Mosquito net will keep bugs far away.
- 【No Assembly Required】 – It pops up within 3 seconds. it’s also easy to fold back up. The frame is made from elasticity metal material which is able to withstand thousands of times bending.
- 【Humanized Size】 – The diameter of the this nursery travel bed after folded is 19.3 inch, The size after set up is 53 x 35 x 24 inch (L x W x H).
Schylling UV Play Shade
The Schylling UV Play Shade is 31 inches high, 51 inches wide, and 39 inches deep, providing plenty of space for a young child and even a friend or parent. It takes just seconds to set up and folds down into a “Go Anywhere” travel bag. Designed for use in the backyard or at the beach, it comes with sand pockets and tie-down pegs to secure it to the ground. Also, this tent provides SPF 50+ protection, so your child’s skin won’t be exposed to harmful UV rays. It also has a mesh window for ventilation. One of the best things about this tent is that it’s large enough so adults can use it for feedings or diaper changes.
Unfortunately, even with the mesh screen, it can get a little hot inside. Also, the handle on the carrying case may fail prematurely.
- SPF 50+. Stay safe from the harmful effects of the sun with the Sun Sense UV play shade, the special material is SPF 50+
- POPS UP IN SECONDS. The patented design pops up in seconds, the tent is 31 inches high, 51 inches wide and 39 inches deep
- GO ANYWHERE. Folds down easily and fits into the included “Go Anywhere” travel bag
- BACKYARD OR BEACH. Comes with tie down pegs and sand pockets to keep it securely in place where ever you are
- PERFECT SIZE. It is the perfect size for multiple toddlers to enjoy an outdoor adventure without worry
Coleman Beach Shade Shelter
We had to include the Coleman Beach Shade Shelter on our list because it comes from such a reputable brand that knows a thing or two about making tents. This pop-up beach tent is large: it’s 7 feet 6 inches by 4 feet 5 inches with a 4-foot 9-inch center height, so there’s plenty of space for more than one person. It provides 50+ UPF sun protection, so occupants can minimize their exposure to damaging UV rays. The front floor extends out and also zips up, so you can have some privacy if you need it. Also, there’s a back window for ventilation, storage pockets, and a dry line for hanging wet swimsuits and other clothing. The tent comes with ground stakes, pre-attached guy lines, and takes about five minutes to set up.
The downside is it takes much longer to set up than the other options on this list. It can also get warm inside since there’s only one window for airflow.
- Portable pop-up beach tent with 50+ UPF sun protection
- Extended front floor zips for privacy; back window unzips for ventilation
- Integrated storage pockets and a dry line to hang wet clothing
- Measures 7 feet 6 inches by 4 feet 5 inches with 4-foot 9-inch center height
- Easy setup in about 5 minutes; ground stakes and pre-attached guy lines included
Best Baby Beach Tents Buyers Guide For 2023
Benefits of a Baby Beach Tent:
They protect a baby’s sensitive skin. Newborns and infants are supposed to avoid the sun for at least six months because it can be very harmful. A baby beach tent with UPF protection can block 99-percent of damaging UV rays.
They provide privacy. Some baby beach tents can accommodate children and adults. This can be helpful if you’re breastfeeding or changing a child’s diaper and don’t want passersby acting as spectators. They’re versatile. Many parents use baby beach tents for other purposes. They can serve as travel beds or be used as an outdoor play shade in the yard or even an indoor playscape.
Types of Baby Beach Tents:
BABY-ONLY BEACH TENT:
Some baby beach tents are designed solely for a child, so they’re rather small. They usually can accommodate toddlers as well as infants. Some options work for more than one child and are spacious enough for them to play in and even stand in, but they’re not made to accommodate adults.
FAMILY-SIZED BEACH TENT:
This type of beach tent is designed for both children and adults. Some can accommodate families with up to four people. Naturally, these tents are much larger than baby-specific beach tents. Some have “porch” areas that zip up to provide privacy for changing clothing or diapers or feeding. They often have an open-face design.
Babymoov has been in business since 1998, and Babymoov US launched in 2014. The company considers parental input when making all of its products, and the three founders are all dads. The company also provides a lifetime warranty on each product. Check out the Babymoov Anti-UV Beach Tent.
Schylling is predominantly a toy company based in North Andover, Mass. It’s been in business for over 40 years and knows a thing or two about putting smiles on children’s faces. It also makes other high-quality products, including the Schylling UV Play Shade.
W.C. Coleman created a gas-powered lantern in 1900, and his company expanded to provide all sorts of camping gear, including coolers, grills, and tents, like the Coleman Beach Shade Shelter.
Baby Beach Tent Pricing:
$25-$75: Beach tents vary in price due to a variety of reasons. Typically, less-expensive models are designed specifically for babies and young children and are on the smaller side. Those that accommodate adults and families are bigger and tend to be pricier. They may also have more features, such as internal storage pockets and zip-up “porches” for privacy.
Sun rays can be very harmful and cause sunburns, rashes, heatstroke, and cancer. Babies younger than six months shouldn’t use sunscreen, so a beach tent is a good alternative. Look for a tent that protects against both UVA and UVB rays. Make sure that the material is designed specifically to provide ultraviolet protection.
EASE OF USE:
The good news is that most baby beach tents take just seconds or minutes to set up. They’re specifically designed to pop open with very little effort. Some tents that accommodate adults, as well as children, may be a little more time consuming to install. Be sure to check reviews to see how easy or difficult it is to fold the tent back down into its storage bag.
Without proper ventilation, beach tents can get very hot. As a result, many have features that promote airflow. Good ventilation is also important, so the occupant doesn’t get claustrophobic. Look for tents that have mesh windows, which lets air pass through. But make sure the windows or panels have sun protection as well.
While you want a sunny day when you’re visiting the beach, sometimes the weather can change rapidly. You may experience some rain or gusts of wind when hanging out on the shoreline. Make sure your baby beach tent is durably constructed so that it can withstand windy conditions and rain. Many come with stakes and sand pockets to secure them to the ground and keep them in place.
- Design. Some baby beach tents feature a closed design, which will keep your child protected on all sides. While they are great at warding off UV rays, they can be a little restrictive. Tents with canopies sometimes zip up for privacy but also have an open-air design, allowing your child to play both inside and outside.
- Portability. Most baby beach tents and beach tents, in general, are quite portable and easy to carry and transport. However, some are larger and take up more space in your vehicle, and wherever you store it at home. Decide whether you need one that’s more compact and folds up into a small package.
- Color. One of the reasons you should consider color is because it can be easier to locate the tent if it stands out in a
- crowd. This is important if the beach is very crowded and you have children in your party that need to find it when they come out of the water.
- A baby beach tent is much better for young children than a beach umbrella. Umbrellas provide inconsistent coverage that can inadvertently expose a child to harmful UV rays.
- If you take your newborn to a six-month-old baby outside, avoid direct sunlight. Cover his or her body with lightweight clothing, and make sure a hat covers his or her face.
- You may need to purchase additional sand pegs to stake a baby beach tent to the ground. You can also fill small bags with sand and use guy-lines to secure the tent in place.
Q: WHAT IS THE BEST TENT FOR THE BEACH?
A:There are a variety of good tent options for the beach, including several in this buying guide. Just make sure it is large enough, provides sun protection and ventilation, and is within your price point.
Q: HOW DO YOU KEEP A BABY SHADED AT THE BEACH?
A:Make sure your child wears a hat and lightweight and light-colored apparel that covers his or her arms and legs. Keep them protected from the sun by using a beach tent that has UVA and UVB protection. Use a stroller with an umbrella when moving them from place to place. You can also cover them with a lightweight blanket until you get them situated in a shady spot.
Q: DO BEACH TENTS GET HOT?
A:Beach tents do tend to get hot, so it’s a good idea to choose one that has mesh windows or some sort of ventilation that promotes airflow.
Our pick for the best baby beach tent is the Babymoov Anti-UV Beach Tent. It provides UPF 50+ sun protection and has a mosquito net to keep insects out. Also, it is very lightweight, has a window for ventilation, and comes with pegs to secure it to the sand or ground. For a more budget-friendly option, consider the Monobeach Baby Beach Tent. Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Baby Beach Tents Review Guide For 2023.
Vinyl Works Above Ground Swimming Pool Resin Deck Kit
- Best Pool Slide For Your Above Ground Pool Review Guide For 2023
- Summer Waves vs Intex Pools Review Guide For 2023
- Pool Safety For Kids Review Guide For 2023
- Best Above Ground Pool Heaters Everything You Need To Know Review Guide For 2023
- Can Dogs Go In A Pool? Review Guide For 2023
- Best Pool Umbrella Review Guide For 2023
- Top Swimming Pool Fountain Review Guide For 2023
- 2020 Top Rated Above Ground Pools
- Hot Tubs and Spas
- Above Ground Pools With Decks
- Top 4 Best Pool Heater Reviews
- Above Ground and In-Ground Pool Liners